lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

:smh: at people bothered by the title "Fucked My Way Up to the Top". First of all, don't judge it until you hear it. Second, she's made comments in interviews several times before (and in some other song lyrics) hinting she may have tried that approach (with disappointing results), so I'm surprised anyone's surprised by that title.

Source, please? All I remember is her declining that she became famous due to sleeping with executives, cause "it's not 50's anymore" (or something like that). Can't find the article - was it on NME's website? It was from early Born to Die era, I think.

Were there any more interviews on the topic?

I think that the song might be ironic - after all, a lot of people don't want to see her talent and say that her daddy funded her career or that she would sleep with anyone to get famous...

i am nothing and should be everything

Her last record was released 18 months ago, since then she has released 2 covers, 2 songs for soundtracks, 1 official single and about 70 songs have leaked. fucking eternity?

But with the records we get the whole production, with the cover photo, the critics' reaction (let's see if UV is as widely hated as BTD) and the music videos (but I've let go of my high hopes for the videos for the other singles after the West Coast video, which didn't really impress me)

Anyway, don't pretend you haven't cried yourself to sleep every night since she announced UV.

:lolno:

But with the records we get the whole production, with the cover photo, the critics' reaction (let's see if UV is as widely hated as BTD) and the music videos (but I've let go of my high hopes for the videos for the other singles after the West Coast video, which didn't really impress me)

Anyway, don't pretend you haven't cried yourself to sleep every night since she announced UV.

:lolno:

I hate how people have this assumption that critics "widely hated" BTD. I mean, it has a 61 on MetaCritic, which indicates generally positive reviews.

I have very high expectations for the critical reception of UV, particularly with the maturation in sound and Dan as producer. FMWUTTT worries me slightly if it will be used in a literal sense.

Guest Dot

Mh let me just say this:

80% of the fake titles were better than this but yaaaasss at Black Beauty!!!

Hmm, I better start preparing a podcast segment for "The Other Woman" in case it's a Nina Simone cover.

It will slay if it's produced by Haynie. It should be something like Blue Velvet...

But I would rather hear I put a spell on you... 

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Source, please? All I remember is her declining that she became famous due to sleeping with executives, cause "it's not 50's anymore" (or something like that). Can't find the article - was it on NME's website? It was from early Born to Die era, I think.

Were there any more interviews on the topic?

I think that the song might be ironic - after all, a lot of people don't want to see her talent and say that her daddy funded her career or that she would sleep with anyone to get famous...

Now, thats a song I want to hear. Hopefully it's a punch in the face to the haters. just as naughty as cola. and now it's confirmed, Yesssssss

I got the tweet notification about the tracklist in the middle of class :giveup: Heart attack central tbh

I hope Black Beauty is re-produced in some way. Imagine a Dan Auerbach version of it  :derpna2:

Lana specifically said that it's the demo that leaked, so for sure, BB has been reworked and improved (add a heartfelt bridge plz, plz Lana you can do it :pray2: )

Guest Dot

By the way Guns & Roses was one of my fake titles lol. I can't with FMWUTTT it's such a messy title to look at. I would have prefered something like "To the Top". Anyway considering the fact that they're bonus tracks I expect Black Beauty and FK (which is definitely Kill Kill/Florida Dark) and maybe G&R (maybe Roses) to be remakes of old songs.

By the way Guns & Roses was one of my fake titles lol. I can't with FMWUTTT it's such a messy title to look at. I would have prefered something like "To the Top". Anyway considering the fact that they're bonus tracks I expect Black Beauty and FK (which is definitely Kill Kill/Florida Dark) and maybe G&R (maybe Roses) to be remakes of old songs.

I guess we will see if the writing credits are released before the previews are out or something. I agree that the three bonus tracks might be reworked old songs Black Beauty, Roses and Kill Kill. But maybe we're reaching idk

Guest Dot

can u not complain about everything lana puts out please? Thanks

Honey, I'm not gonna love everything she shits out, unlike some other fans who HAVE to love everything she does. I have only said positive things about the WC video and I loved a lot of things she's done other people complained about. You should check your facts before you come at me and want to start another drama over my opinion. I think we've had enough of that shot during this week.