larina

Eurovision Song Contest

:hae:

Who here watches Eurovision? It's amazing! Even if you don't live in Europe, you definitely should watch it! I'm in Australia and I love it! I just wish countries all over the world could participate, not just Europe.

I just heard it aired in Europe a few days ago but I'm watching it now. 

This thread is to discuss who you :heart: love and who you :icant2: hate.

I'm keen to see your opinions :brows:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

:hae:

Who here watches Eurovision? It's amazing! Even if you don't live in Europe, you definitely should watch it! I'm in Australia and I love it! I just wish countries all over the world could participate, not just Europe.

I just heard it aired in Europe a few days ago but I'm watching it now. 

This thread is to discuss who you :heart: love and who you :icant2: hate.

I'm keen to see your opinions :brows:

There were two semifinals this week on tuesday and thursday, the big final is tomorrow :)

And my favourite is Sweden (super biased :D)

There were two semifinals this week on tuesday and thursday, the big final is tomorrow :)

And my favourite is Sweden (super biased :D)

Oh OK, the first show has just aired today here in Australia. Was Greece any good? We're all Greeks so we go for Greece. But Sweeden was amazing, though, I agree.

I probably will watch it. A teenage boy band is representing Finland  :facepalm:

I remember when Lordi won it in 2006  :P   :lanahairflip3:

They are? Lol, I don't know yet.

And you do? That was ages ago, you have a good memory! I don't, I was six so there isn't much I remember unless it has been recorded :lel:

They are? Lol, I don't know yet.

And you do? That was ages ago, you have a good memory! I don't, I was six so there isn't much I remember unless it has been recorded :lel:

Well I don't actually know but that's what I read in a magazine, are the finals tomorrow or is it just the semi-finals?

Haha, I was about 8 then :D I think it was 2006 

tumblr_mehfl855qr1ro2d43.gif

Well I don't actually know but that's what I read in a magazine, are the finals tomorrow or is it just the semi-finals?

Haha, I was about 8 then :D I think it was 2006 

I am not too sure. Apparently in Greece, they already know Greece went through to some sort of finals when my grandparents watched a talk show that aired live from Greece. I don't understand it so I have no idea. For us in AU, we haven't even gotten to the finals. We have only gotten through the first fifteen countries.

And ooh, OK :P

Gonna watch the final, it's hilarious. 

Is it? I need to watch it then the day after when it airs here!

I guess, I mean I'm easily amused  :D I'm too lazy to watch the semi-finals though 

Well, I am too. :D

And really? :lel: I'd be too busy in Sims. I want to watch it though lol.

Oh yes! I watched both semi-finals although I think I never really liked any of the songs performed there in the history of the ESC. It's just so amusing (and my sister forces me every year to watch it with her).
@, on the second show there was actually a song from Australia but it was out of competition. ;)

This time I'm even a bit excited for the finals on saturday because after like 99999 years my country (Austria) finally surrived the semi-finals. We even seem to have realistic chances of winning (according to some overdramatic newspapers here) with our 'pretty girl' Conchita. :P

tumblr_n59zzvKVqZ1rt9t65o3_250.gif

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Oh yes! I watched both semi-finals although I think I never really liked any of the songs performed there in the history of the ESC. It's just so amusing (and my sister forces me every year to watch it with her).

@, on the second show there was actually a song from Australia but it was out of competition. ;)

This time I'm even a bit excited for the finals on saturday because after like 99999 years my country (Austria) finally surrived the semi-finals. We even seem to have realistic chances of winning (according to some overdramatic newspapers here) with our 'pretty girl' Conchita. :P

tumblr_n59zzvKVqZ1rt9t65o3_250.gif

Yes, it's been advertised everywhere here :lel: The singer was Jessica Mauboy.

Ooh, OK, well good luck for your country!

And is that a beard? Or is it just a creepy shadow? 

Yes, it's been advertised everywhere here :lel: The singer was Jessica Mauboy.

Ooh, OK, well good luck for your country!

And is that a beard? Or is it just a creepy shadow? 

Yes it's a beard. He/She is a drag queen what caused a lot of buzz in our little country. People here adore her or hate her to death. I still don't know what to think about her but she has an incredible voice and that's what actually counts for me. Still I think at the ESC it's not really about voice but more about show and attention seeking. She covers both so I'm just excited how it'll end.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Yes it's a beard. He/She is a drag queen what caused a lot of buzz in our little country. People here adore her or hate her to death. I still don't know what to think about her but she has an incredible voice and that's what actually counts for me. Still I think at the ESC it's not really about voice but more about show and attention seeking. She covers both so I'm just excited how it'll end.

Well I'm watching Eurovision right now and I just watched shim (someone at school said it and it just stuck with me for some reason). I am so sorry, my grandparents are hating shim because "he has something wrong with him in his brain". But I think Conchita is amazing! And is a great role model for equality! As soon as I saw Conchita, I remembered about you and this thread lol. Conchita got a lot of thumbs up in Australia.

Does anyone know how the lady in the Romanian performance disappeared and reappeared? 

And that Australian performance at the end just before Jessica Mauboy :lel: I was not expecting that!