Tammy

Lana in Intro Magazine

She talks about the Auerbach-Story again, you know, the "I met him and we talked about my album .." thing, then she says that she was really amazed by the Coachella festival and she also states that the name "Ultraviolence" is not necessarily a reference to the move "clockwork orange" as it's more like a word she likes "sonically" ( :D ).

She says the album was recorded in 6 weeks and that she doesn't wanted to have a golden neumann microphone. To sum things up, she does not want to be some kind of unapproachable star, but a "normal" singer, realising her dreams.

She also says that her short movie Tropico wasn't recieved very well, which kind of suprises me, since I read overly good rewievs.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Ok guys, I'm working on a translation right now. If somebody else already did it please tell me.

It'll take a while I guess.

Here's the very first page:

LANA DEL REY

I want to be myself

With hits like “Summertime Sadness” Lana Del Rey came out of nowhere and seems 2012 like an icon of Hollywood’s golden ages. As illustrator of her own fictional character the formerly unknown Elizabeth Grant did not only win praise with her new name. Criticism of her change of image arose. Now her second album “Ultraviolence” is finished, the artist is at peace with the process of self-fulfilment. In Hollywood Emanuel Bergmann met a relaxed Lana Del Rey who talked openly about her collaboration with Dan Auerbach, her love to Marilyn Monroe, the fear of sharks and the sensitive issue of plastic surgery.

Not much at the moment but you'll get the whole thing as soon as possible. ;)

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Lana probably couldn't be there for the photo shoot so she just took selfies and sent them :dance:

Nah, it's the idea of the magazine. The whole edition is about selfies.

@@lanasgirl Oh if you already did it, I guess my translation is not needed anymore. But I already did a part of it and I don't want it to be completely in vain so I'll share it here.

LANA DEL REY

I want to be myself

With hits like “Summertime Sadness” Lana Del Rey came out of nowhere and seems 2012 like an icon of Hollywood’s golden ages. As illustrator of her own fictional character the formerly unknown Elizabeth Grant did not only win praise with her new name. Criticism of her change of image arose. Now her second album “Ultraviolence” is finished, the artist is at peace with the process of self-fulfilment. In Hollywood Emanuel Bergmann met a relaxed Lana Del Rey who talked openly about her collaboration with Dan Auerbach, her love to Marilyn Monroe, the fear of sharks and the sensitive issue of plastic surgery.

Lana Del Rey is sitting on the balcony of her bungalows at the Sunset Marquis Hotel, West Hollywood. Pensively she takes a pull on a cigarette, enjoying April’s sun at this glamorous place. The Sunset Marquis is – like the nearby Chateau Marmont – a Rock’n’Roll hotel.
[sidenote: Chateau Marmont: The hotel at the Sunset Boulevard served as scenery in Sofia Coppolas film “Somewhere”. Many myths weave around the building which was built 1929 after the model of a French castle. The band Led Zeppelin is alleged to have driven through the hotel’s lobby with their motorcycles in the 1970ties. The Sunset Marquis is three minutes away by car.]

This is the place where some of the greatest stars of music business loved and quarrelled, when they did not record some new songs. The Sunset Marquis has an underground recording studio. This kind of hotel is fairly new luxury for her, with the underground Lana Del Rey is rather familiar. She wrote her first songs in a trailer park and got used to the lack of success. The album “Born To Die” surprisingly catapulted her into the charts, especially in Europe she became a star. The meanwhile 27 years old :troll: is a native New Yorker but her heart beats for the wide open space of the West Coast. Just as well as she is fascinated with the silver screen icons that only California can bring forth. Lana Del Rey like the great gestures, in the Songs of her new album “Ultraviolence” she breathes like a real Hollywood diva. Her main themes still are love and death. Anyway it is questionable if the American audience will ever love her as much as her European fans do. During the following talk on the balcony Lana Del Rey does not seem like an unapproachable star but relaxed and down-to-earth, kind and pensive. Shortly before the Interview she performed the first time at Coachella. She seemed a bit like she still could not believe her own success there.

How was your performance at Coachella?

Really insane. I hadn’t expected anymore that Coachella would ever invite us. And then there are more than 50.000 people standing in front of the stage. It was a smashing moment, our biggest performance in America. I’ve also watched some concerts myself. I really like Matt Bellamy from Muse so I went to their gig on Saturday. And I saw Lemmy and Motörhead from the edge of the stage. Slash was a guest on stage there. Really cool!

Have you been especially curious how the new songs from your album “Ultraviolence” would be received?

Of course. It took me a while to write them. In the past two years I’ve been frequently asked: “What are you going to do next?” My standard response was: “I don’t know yet.” But in last year’s November a few melodies finally solidified for which I seemed to find the right words. So I lodged myself at the Electric Lady Studios at the Lower East Side of New York. The owner Lee Foster has been a friend of mine for years. I asked him if I could play around a bit and he just said: “Of course.” I had the studio for myself for whole three weeks. Every now and then Rick Nowels came by. I thought I was finished when I met Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys.

Dan Auerbach influenced the finish of the album?

Yes. We met in a club, looked at each other and knew immediately: “Hey, we should do an album together.” This is totally uncommon for me. I’ve been working with the same people for three years and I didn’t plan to involve somebody else. But Dan has this special spontaneity. He is a very positive guy. Only one week after our meeting at the club I flew to Nashville. He invited his friends from Brooklyn and together we got to work on the 13 demos that I had produced at the Electric Lady Studios. I was in the same room as the band. This time I didn’t want to sing in a golden Neumann-microphone like Sinatra used it. Instead I wanted a micro on which I could hold on, preferably with a wire. We bought a blues-like Shure SM-58 and recorded the album in six weeks.

no guarantee that everything is correct

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif