Guest Dot

Lana's obsession with the clolour blue...#LANALYSIS

Guest Dot

Let's talk about it. :hooker:

Not feeling like writing a long-ass introduction essay tbh.

Guest Dot

she always talks abiut different shades of blue... baby blue, dark blue, blue velvet

The different shades reflect different moods, I think. Also, doesn't "blue" stand for love in some ways. She had a mixtape called "True Blue" during her myspace days as far as I know.

The different shades reflect different moods, I think. Also, doesn't "blue" stand for love in some ways. She had a mixtape called "True Blue" during her myspace days as far as I know.

I've never seen this confirmed

BzhmW.png

Yeah! Ive heard of True Blue. I think blue signifies the beauty in darkness and the night time. I guess living in different shades of blue could mean a lot of things. The blues genre, being blue as in sad, and having blue eyes as she says in the song

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

A lot of my favourite songs mention blue, which is strange. I always associated blue with sadness.  :teehee:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I think there's a couple reasons not just one. "Sonically " speaking blue goes with several words, blue also express feelings and basically is visually cool.

I think there's a couple reasons not just one. "Sonically " speaking blue goes with several words, blue also express feelings and basically is visually cool.

glgcDdT.gif

i think that a theme of the upcoming album could be the color spectrum. ultraviolet light, shades of colors- we see these concepts in black beauty. the color spectrum is a great theme and it goes so well with the black and white imagery.

User-FastFission-brain.gif       let's change our DNA

Blue is an awesome colour!

To me, blue indicates melancholy, depression, loneliness, coldness, gloom (dark blues),happiness (light blues), love, loyalty, royalty, water and fire (blue flame :tongue:)

It can also mean so much more but I can't think of them right now :lel:

But blue is :scajo2:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

They call you baby blue cause its your favorite colooour boy!

I agree with blue being associated with sadness BUT "you turn my mood from black to blue" -> black is prob deep depression and blue is actually happy but with a sad undertone.. I'm thinking of this interview:

Interviewer: Melancholy, is your music artistically arranged or therapeutic?
Lana Del Rey: Neither one nor the other. There has always been the melancholy in me called desire.I was four or five years when I sat on the threshold of the house of my parents and I lingered in one place. Ask my mother if you do not believe me. This feeling has been with me for a lifetime. But I do not suffer. I’d rather say I’ve learned to get used to my sadness. But there were times when I could not. Fortunately, I overcame those dark years. The memory of these years inspires my songs today.

They call you baby blue cause its your favorite colooour boy!

I agree with blue being associated with sadness BUT "you turn my mood from black to blue" -> black is prob deep depression and blue is actually happy but with a sad undertone.. I'm thinking of this interview:

I've always thought of this lyric as being a metaphor for a bruise - 'I love your ultraviolent swing'; he hit Lana and turned her skin 'from black to blue', as in it went black from the punch, then a blue colour as it bruised. So it's kinda similar to thr 'hit me and felt like a kiss' line.But I might be reading too much into it.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I've always thought of this lyric as being a metaphor for a bruise - 'I love your ultraviolent swing'; he hit Lana and turned her skin 'from black to blue', as in it went black from the punch, then a blue colour as it bruised. So it's kinda similar to thr 'hit me and felt like a kiss' line.But I might be reading too much into it.

I always thought of bruises too, so yeah. Good theory actually.

Where do I even begin? Sit back and enjoy kids:

TITLES

• Blue Jeans
  • Blue Velvet
  • Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)
  • Pawn Shop Blues
  • Baby Blue Love
  • Tired of Singing the Blues

LYRICS

• "1949": You like my blue nail polish [...] New blue bathing suit [...] Blue LA Carte Docks
  • "Birds of a Feather": Met you in front of a diner and you had blue hair
  • "Black Beauty": Nothing, my sparrow blue [...] Sun and ocean blue [...] Seem so dark blue
  • "Blizzard": Can't you see that I'm just feelin' blue?
  • "Daddy Issues": They call you Baby Blue [...] Baby Blue. Because it’s your favorite color. Baby Blue [...] Remember how, Baby Blue
  • "Driving In Cars With Boys": Miss America with the blue mascara on
  • "Elvis": Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea
  • "Hollywood's Dead": And you were 50s cool in blue suede shoes
  • "Hundred Dollar Bill": Jimmy pulls up in his blue Chevy Nova
  • "I Don't Wanna Go": In his soft leather, in his blue jeans
  • "Living WIthout You": Wade into the waves until the water's blue
  • "Making Out": And start listening to the way I sing the blues [...] Saw you skipping rope on TV looking blue, ooh, ah
  • "Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight": Servin' coke and fries at the movie blue drive-in
  • "Methamphetamines": Blue ‘50s queen, Blue Oyster Cult/Cove [...] The record spins blue '50s song
  • "National Anthem": Red, white, blue is in the sky
  • "On Our Way": Hot white, and blue
  • "Off to the Races": Watch me in the swimming pool, bright blue ripples
  • "Pin-Up Galore": American flags, blue blue streamers [...] Here's to the girl with the blue mascara
  • "Queen of Disaster": Send my soul on fire and make me wild like the deep blue sea
  • "Scarface": Light it up red, white and blue
  • "Serial Killer": We can paint the town in blue
  • "Shades of Cool": My baby lives in shades of blueBlue eyes and jazz and attitude [...] I'm one of many, one is blue
  • "This Is What Makes Us Girls": (Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice)
  • "Trash Magic": Blue bedspread and silver tinsel, my heart’s delight
  • "TV in Black & White": Wade into the water ‘til the waves turned blue
  • "Video Games": Kissing in the blue dark
  • "West Coast": That's why I'm leaving you for the moment, you for the moment, boy blue, yeah, you
  • "Yayo": I like the ivy and the ink blue
  • "You and Me": Blue water from the sea, hands all over me

Might've missed out on one or another :whatever:

EQFO7rX.png