RileyThomas

Ultraviolence

Just noticed the borrowed lyrics from Driving in Cars With Boys - Call me poison ivy 'cause I'm far from good.

also Jim raised me up (Raise Me Up), hit me and felt like a kiss (Beautiful Player), Heaven is on earth(Video Games)

she sings this so beautifully live. The spoken part is reminiscent of the live version of Carmen when she starts speaking spanish.. ugh it's my favorite!  :flutter: 
She's back into reinventing many of her old songs into her new sound this era, which is pretty much the only thing that has changed. I'm soOoO happy that she's pulling from LDRAKALG though 

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

Could Jim be Jim Morrison?

Referencing Gods and Monsters?

Living like Jim Morrison....who died of overdose...and someone commented that this song is about an overdose...would make sense, when you listen from the perspective of the song being about drug use, it's really dark and interesting

also Jim raised me up (Raise Me Up), hit me and felt like a kiss (Beautiful Player), Heaven is on earth(Video Games)

i cried when I heard Jim raised me up the first time

Does anyone else think that Jim/he might be a metaphor for alcohol?  It seems like it may make sense.

like Jim Beam? that puts an interesting perspective on the lyrics

it haves a studio version yet?

No...it's on the album and hasn't leaked yet

BzhmW.png

I kinda posted something similar in the Lanalysis thread but, I really think Jim has to be a person not really a metaphor. The name is through the whole song I don't know if say Jim Beam could be that important that it taught her, lifted her, was beside her. I mean of course it's possible but, the emotional attachment to the name just seems too human to be to be something like that. Jim Morrison maybe but, from what I hear she dated a Jim correct? And there's also another person in her life she refered to as Jim once.

Also she says "Jim taught me that he hit me and it felt like a kiss" this sounds like someone she's known for a long time "Jim brought me back, reminded me of when we were kids" futher supports this hypothesis. I don't know too much about Lana's past but, whoever this is she must have known or, at least it was someone that was very important to her. It sounds like someone who taught her many things and above all things love, and perhaps obsession. It really sounds like she's obsessed with this toxic relationship she has. She also says I would do anything for you babe. She doesn't care that he wasn't good to her she just loved him to death. She probably still does considering this song.

Also it sounds like she was toxic to him as well (I said this before but, it's important) I mean you don't really call someone who's nice to you deadly nightshade or poison ivy obviously she wasn't any good for him either. There's more than just physical abuse of course. There could have been many different reasons.

I know it's really demented but, when I hear "Jim raised me up, he hit me and it felt like true love" it literally to me sounds like she's being picked up off the ground or grabbed something of that sort. The fact that she says he hit me and it felt like true love is because, she doesn't really care what he does as long as he's there with her she's so madly in love with him that she'll take on anything to have him. That's "Ultraviolence".

She also said that this album is autobiographic. Is...that a word? Whatever, anyway I really don't think the focal point of the song his name is in it too often, is just a metaphor or a ficade.

This is just how I personally view the song though. I hope one day she really explains it in detail.

243qd5f.jpg

I used to believe and still think it's very likely that she sings about Jimmy Gnecco in her old songs like Hundred Dollar Bill, You're gonna love me and obviously Jimmy Gnecco (even though they might have never dated). She wasn't famous back then and she didn't expect that many people would hear them so there was no problem with using his name. But now that she's a real star it seems weird to me that she writes a song about him, especially a song like Ultraviolence. The fact that he is the opening act for her shows makes it even more unlikely for me. Idk...it's just really strange.
I think it could be that she actually sang about Jimmy in her old songs and now she just likes the sound of the word "Jim" ~ sonically and she uses it as a synonym for all her lovers or just one of them or whatever.

Anyways this relationship seems so weird. I hope someday it'll be revealed. (Note to all interviewers out there: ask her who the fuck Jim is! )

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I could have died right there, cause Jim was right beside me. Yeah, this has to be a person. Maybe even someone we don't know?

Supports my theory that she'd take anything this guy has to throw at her. He's basically all she lives for.

Jim taught me that, loving him was never enough. Maybe meaning that he wanted more from her and she didn't know how to or something along those lines. And I think it's a pause because it's a song it's not two different statements.

She also says I would do anything for you babe.

When you'd do anything for someone you're in too deep. I know this feeling. It doesn't matter how you're treated you just want to make the person you love happy.

I love you forever, I really love you forever.

She does still love him she'll always love him no matter what he says or does.

There's some lines in the song I can't quite make out though. "We can go back to New York, cause loving you is really hard. We could go back to the time, really don't know who we are." and then I have no idea but, that's what I hear and I think it's at least close. (Who was she with in NY again? Wasn't there someone?)

Anyone know what she's saying in spanish and also speaking? It sounds like Yo soy su princessa (I'm your princess) and then I again have no idea.

EDIT: Yeah I think it is la not su, so she's saying I'm the princess? I would make more sence if it was I'm YOUR princess but, oh well.

Can't wait to hear the studio version and find out what the whole song lyrics are!

243qd5f.jpg

I seriously don't understand what she's saying when she sings "Guess it is ______ ___ __" ... It definitely doesn't sound like "meant to be"!

It sounds like "Ms. Union" or something lol.

this union / disunion

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun