RileyThomas

Ultraviolence

I used to believe and still think it's very likely that she sings about Jimmy Gnecco in her old songs like Hundred Dollar Bill, You're gonna love me and obviously Jimmy Gnecco (even though they might have never dated). She wasn't famous back then and she didn't expect that many people would hear them so there was no problem with using his name. But now that she's a real star it seems weird to me that she writes a song about him, especially a song like Ultraviolence. The fact that he is the opening act for her shows makes it even more unlikely for me. Idk...it's just really strange.

I think it could be that she actually sang about Jimmy in her old songs and now she just likes the sound of the word "Jim" ~ sonically and she uses it as a synonym for all her lovers or just one of them or whatever.

Anyways this relationship seems so weird. I hope someday it'll be revealed. (Note to all interviewers out there: ask her who the fuck Jim is! )

She did say in one interview "I'm usually always singing about the same goddamn person, so... I'll love him forever, but you know, it's all good... it's all good..." 

So I think she was talking about Jimmy Gnecco since so many songs are usually thought to be about him.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

She did say in one interview "I'm usually always singing about the same goddamn person, so... I'll love him forever, but you know, it's all good... it's all good..." 

So I think she was talking about Jimmy Gnecco since so many songs are usually thought to be about him.

Yeah I know this interview but I take this with a little grain of salt. I mean we are pretty sure that she sings about other guys too, especially K.

UV is obviously about Jim though but I just don't get how she can sing about him like that while she's in a relationship with Barrie and how he seemingly doesn't mind at all. And if she really loves Jimmy that much she could go back to him now or idk. I know that sounds pretty rude towards Barrie but if those UV lyrics are her true feelings I just don't get the whole situation. :toofunny:

Inb4 Barrie is just her servant "soulmate" or whatever who brings her cigarettes when she's on stage and Jimmy is her true lover.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Yeah I know this interview but I take this with a little grain of salt. I mean we are pretty sure that she sings about other guys too, especially K.

UV is obviously about Jim though but I just don't get how she can sing about him like that while she's in a relationship with Barrie and how he seemingly doesn't mind at all. And if she really loves Jimmy that much she could go back to him now or idk. I know that sounds pretty rude towards Barrie but if those UV lyrics are her true feelings I just don't get the whole situation. :toofunny:

Inb4 Barrie is just her servant "soulmate" or whatever who brings her cigarettes when she's on stage and Jimmy is her true lover.

It's possible that Barrie knows very well about her feelings for Jim but, doesn't really care. There's people with open relationships for one. I mean it's possible that they just aren't very strict about things. Then there's the fact that maybe Jimmy loves Lana more than she loves him. It is possible. Or maybe behind closed doors they don't have the most amazing relationship but, there's always the hounding papz ya know? There's a million different scenerios.

I'm not saying that any of this is factual of course. A lot of celebrities have open relationships or different non monogamous ones because, there's too much pressure and distance and times.

243qd5f.jpg

Honestly, I don't see the big deal about the fact that she's singing about Jimmy. People sing about past relationships all the time, it's just because she names him in this song that it seems more personal. Barrie would have to be really naïve to think that he's the only man who's been in a relationship with Lana. She clearly had a lot of feelings for Jimmy, and she still might do, but that doesn't mean she can't love Barrie more. If I were Barrie, I don't think I would mind in the slightest if Lana sang about Jimmy - the key point is that Jimmy and Lana is in the past, whereas Barrie and Lana are the present (and hopefully future, too).

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

It's possible that Barrie knows very well about her feelings for Jim but, doesn't really care. There's people with open relationships for one. I mean it's possible that they just aren't very strict about things. Then there's the fact that maybe Jimmy loves Lana more than she loves him. It is possible. Or maybe behind closed doors they don't have the most amazing relationship but, there's always the hounding papz ya know? There's a million different scenerios.

I'm not saying that any of this is factual of course. A lot of celebrities have open relationships or different non monogamous ones because, there's too much pressure and distance and times.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal about the fact that she's singing about Jimmy. People sing about past relationships all the time, it's just because she names him in this song that it seems more personal. Barrie would have to be really naïve to think that he's the only man who's been in a relationship with Lana. She clearly had a lot of feelings for Jimmy, and she still might do, but that doesn't mean she can't love Barrie more. If I were Barrie, I don't think I would mind in the slightest if Lana sang about Jimmy - the key point is that Jimmy and Lana is in the past, whereas Barrie and Lana are the present (and hopefully future, too).

I get the point of what you're saying. And everything could be possible. Ok...an open relationship could be possible (I recall Lana said she believes in free love) but idk.

I actually don't have a problem with her singing about a past relationship but HOW she sings about it is really interesting for me. Lines like "we can (not could) go back to New York...." or "I love you forever, I really love you forever" just kinda indicate for me that it's more than a past relationship. But it could also be possible that UV is written from a past perspective or she just uses the feelings she had back then because her recent relationship is more "boring" or basically happy which doesn't fit the whole UV theme.

Anyway I got into this a bit too much I think....over(l)analysing those lyrics that might also be more fantasy than real feelings. :facepalm:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I get the point of what you're saying. And everything could be possible. Ok...an open relationship could be possible (I recall Lana said she believes in free love) but idk.

I actually don't have a problem with her singing about a past relationship but HOW she sings about it is really interesting for me. Lines like "we can (not could) go back to New York...." or "I love you forever, I really love you forever" just kinda indicate for me that it's more than a past relationship. But it could also be possible that UV is written from a past perspective or she just uses the feelings she had back then because her recent relationship is more "boring" or basically happy which doesn't fit the whole UV theme.

Anyway I got into this a bit too much I think....over(l)analysing those lyrics that might also be more fantasy than real feelings. :facepalm:

Hmm.

I like your point about Lana using the present tense...but then again, so do lots of other artists when talking about past relationships. I agree that this relationship was, ans still is clearly, really really important to Lana, but I just think that the relationship is itself in the past. Perhaps the reason she doesn't sing about Barrie is because their relationship is just so good - how often does Lana actually sing about a relationship being healthy, positive and stress-free? Apart from For K (Part 2), Lucky Ones and Hollywood (at a stretch), I can't think of any other times that Lana tends to sing about a 'good' relationship.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

also Jim raised me up (Raise Me Up), hit me and felt like a kiss (Beautiful Player), Heaven is on earth(Video Games)

for the last time, thats not an original lyric

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Who knows, if she were with him for a long period of time, which we don't even know how long they were together, she could still have those feelings. Sometimes when you fall in love for the first time, you love that person for an extended period of time after you break up. It's not like "Oh, we broke up? Okay. I hate you and I don't love you anymore." Some people have issues getting over past relationships and he might still be her muse. Jimmy's written songs about her, too, so we know they were together at one time. After a new lover comes in your life, they might be okay with you still loving someone from your past, especially in this situation she's still writing songs about him. Of course, he did just tour with her, so maybe they're still close friends and she still "loves" him, but not the way lovers love, more like best friends at this point. 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Honestly the song has a whole longing feeling to me "We can go back to New York" like she saying we could go back we could go back please "I would do anything for you babe" but, even if she doesn't know it, it's over. It wasn't meant to be but, she's still holding onto it so tightly. I don't know. I hear so much angst in this song. Not really even in the way she sings it but, the lyrics alone. It's almost like she's pleading for that insane thing they had but, it's not reailty. It is more like a fantasy, an idea now.

That's just what I hear though.

243qd5f.jpg

where on earth did "comprende these late nights" even come from  :flop: it doesn't even make sense

Well comprende means understand or comprehend. Are those the lyrics for sure? I thought it was comprende these last lines. As in "understand these last lines" like perhaps she's saying to him listen closely to this last part. I'm not certain but, it's a theory. And if it's these last night maybe she means something like remember these last nights. I comprehend, I get it, I rememeber.

Just spekulation. Would be nice to see the official lyrics.

243qd5f.jpg

where on earth did "comprende these late nights" even come from  :flop: it doesn't even make sense

It's definitely the spanish part and then "these white lines" and we all know what that means

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

It's definitely the spanish part and then "these white lines" and we all know what that means

I'm pretty sure it's "mis" instead of "these"

OMG I hear "cocaine lemonade"

I heard lemonade too, but then I was like  ???? Monet???

I'm pretty sure it's "mis" instead of "these"

I don't know Spanish what does she say before white lines?

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I heard lemonade too, but then I was like  ???? Monet???

I don't know Spanish what does she say before white lines?

I dont hear cocaine lemonade. That would be weird ass lyric. But lemonade maybe.  I hear Madame Monet? Or ??? Monet?