RileyThomas

Ultraviolence

post-2501-0-14130000-1404546889_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of a more amped up version of the "Lana and Dan" picture.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Lanakaiiiiiii when is your post coming?? So excited for it! @@Lanakai 

Tomorrow my dear! Sorry it's been a hectic week  :eek:

Yay  :teehee: Have a great day (night, depending on where you are)  :)  :fabcat:

I also hear Le Monet.

"Lemonade" is so out of place with the lyrical context, seriousness, and tone of the song. We all know Lana is good for meaningless filler lyrics, but this is not a playful bop where "crying tears of gold like lemonade" would work.

I also hear Le Monet.

"Lemonade" is so out of place with the lyrical context, seriousness, and tone of the song. We all know Lana is good for meaningless filler lyrics, but this is not a playful bop where "crying tears of gold like lemonade" would work.

Le Monet is not pronounced that way... For her to pronounce it the way she does in the song, it would have to be written as les Monets (plural) and that makes even less sense. She sings "lemonade."

I also hear Le Monet.

And Le Monet is not ? At least lemonade is liquid.

Well, I assumed she was saying she was crying tears of gold like one of Le Monet's paintings. I mean, I see "lemonade" being used, it just seems awkward for me. I also thought Le Monet was pronounced lAy-mO-nAy. Forgive me.

"Ultraviolence" is my favorite song from the album,so it is has a sensitive place in my soul.

Hi guys.

I keep hearing "comprende mis white LIES". I have my theory: she's asking the listener to understand that not everything she tells in her songs is true, or at least to be taken literally. Not outright lies but little white lies. It could also work as a key to interpreting the song itself... ;)

But what would be the meaning? "Understand my white lies" makes more sense than "understand my white lines".

'Understand my white lines' - can you understand my drug addiction? Do you understand why I need to take these drugs? Can you understand why we're on these drugs?

There's a variety of meanings for the phrase imo

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't get the "lemonade" denialism. The lyric before it is "crying tears of gold". Gold tears would look an awful lot like lemonade and it's clearly what she says. She writes some cringe-worthy lyrics sometimes. Deal with it.

I also don't get how people are hearing "white lies". If I thought there was any chance she was singing "white lies" I'd be all over that shit and the Lanalysis that would entail. But I'm not because I don't think there is. There's definitely an 'n' in there. It's definitely "white lines". It's definitely a cocaine reference. Besides, it's a recurring phrase on the album. She repeats in in "Florida Kilos", which is clearly about drugs.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

^ Agreed on both points. Lemonade actually works perfectly here, as it may not make literal sense but it works in relation to the "tears of gold" lyric before it, plus it's evocative of summertime and youth, tying it to the earlier lyric, "reminded me of when we were kids".

On another note, one thing that always confused me was the "like I was poison ivy" lyric, because there's a little vocal tic in there that throws it off a tad. After listening more closely I've come to the conclusion that the multi-tracked vocals say two different things. The main vocal says "like I was poison ivy", as we all hear, but I'm almost certain the secondary vocal says, "that guy was poison ivy". Give it another listen, once you notice it, it's pretty clear. I could be wrong but, I dunno, I don't think so. Sorry if this was already discovered and discussed btw, if so I didn't see it.

i like my candy and your heroin