sweetie

Brooklyn Baby

Anyone else think it's "rad" and not "rare"?

I think it's rad and not rare

It's definitely rad.

When I listen to the line in isolation, I can't tell for sure whether it's "rad" or "rare", but I think I hear "rare", which is also slightly more likely because it rhymes with "hair" two lines before.

The booklet says "rare" but it also says " 'cause I was filled with passion" in Ultraviolence so idk what to trust.

What booklet?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

And if you don't like it

You can beat it, beat it, baby

You never liked the way I said it

If you don't get it, then forget it

'Cuz I don't have to fucking explain it

Lana lyrics or a reply in a LanaBoards flame war?

:burn:

I've always thought the male background vocals at the end were by Barrie, but the booklet begs to differ...

Yeah, I noticed that too. Though it seems like the background vocals were intended to sound like Barrie.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Though it seems like the background vocals were intended to sound like Barrie.

Why couldn't Barrie just sing them...

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Well I can't help but notice when she starts doing the lala/dedah/whatever after the second chorus she clearly says "gaga". Makes me wonder if she is poking fun at Gaga or if its just noise. I don't know anything about their supposed connection so I can't say one way or another but maybe someone who does/cares would.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Well I can't help but notice when she starts doing the lala/dedah/whatever after the second chorus she clearly says "gaga". Makes me wonder if she is poking fun at Gaga or if its just noise. I don't know anything about their supposed connection so I can't say one way or another but maybe someone who does/cares would.

I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate, but I read somewhere that Gaga stole her style and then started calling out Lana for copying her. 

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE

I've always thought the male background vocals at the end were by Barrie, but the booklet begs to differ...

image_zps7441f823.jpg

I just looked up the name in the booklet (from what I could see) and that person doesn't exist. Ii'm for sure that it's sung by Barrie, because I listen to his music a lot, and it sounds like his voice. He probably credited himself under a fake name. You know like that whole Taylor Swift mess? Maybe they knew they were falling apart, and he didn't want to be credited as the the backing vocals. #THEORY 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I just looked up the name in the booklet (from what I could see) and that person doesn't exist. Ii'm for sure that it's sung by Barrie, because I listen to his music a lot, and it sounds like his voice. He probably credited himself under a fake name. You know like that whole Taylor Swift mess? Maybe they knew they were falling apart, and he didn't want to be credited as the the backing vocals. #THEORY 

His name is everywhere though! :P #THEORYCANCELLED

SETH KAUFMAN (Official // Twitter // Myspace)

Contribution: Synthesizer, Claps, "Cruel World"; Electric Guitar, "Ultraviolence," "Sad Girl"; Omnichord, "Shades of Cool"; Electric Guitar, Percussion, Background Vocals, "Brooklyn Baby"; Mellotron, "West Coast"; Background Vocals, "Florida Kilos"

Seth Kaufman is a musician from North Carolina and a member of the band Floating Action. He has also released several solo projects in addition to his work with his band and other artists. Kauffman is well traveled, he has taken time to visit Africa, Jamaica and the Swiss Alps. He credits his international trips with inspiring his music. His full length album, Ting, was named after his favorite beverage while he was in Jamaica. This is his first time collaborating with Lana Del Rey.