Ruben Del Rey

Your Lana Collection

Literally? What did they say about it, if you don't mind me asking?

They're very... er. I'm not even sure how to explain it. But they're worried about my sexuality since I like female artists and am not an athletic boy, so any female artist I like - they automatically assume their material is for gays and gays only. I asked if I could go to the Fiona Apple concert next week in my town - and they refused since they said she's for lesbians. I brought up Lana once, and my mom watched the first minute of the National Anthem video and she said "Do gay guys love her? Since she's trying to be like Marilyn Monroe right, and gays like Marilyn Monroe?" She then told my father about how I like gay music and whenever they hear me listening to Lana they look at me weird and ask why I'm listening to her and they once asked me if I was gay because the "music I listened to kinda seems it"

So yeah, my life in a nutshell. But I really wish I could buy Lana's album, physically, but they kinda barred it. But It's my money so I really want to do what I want with it, and I would just love to have a Lana album, in my hands, it'd feel so special. So hopefully I can get Paradise Edition physically. If not then another Amazon or iTunes download behind their backs I guess.

They're very... er. I'm not even sure how to explain it. But they're worried about my sexuality since I like female artists and am not an athletic boy, so any female artist I like - they automatically assume their material is for gays and gays only. I asked if I could go to the Fiona Apple concert next week in my town - and they refused since they said she's for lesbians. I brought up Lana once, and my mom watched the first minute of the National Anthem video and she said "Do gay guys love her? Since she's trying to be like Marilyn Monroe right, and gays like Marilyn Monroe?" She then told my father about how I like gay music and whenever they hear me listening to Lana they look at me weird and ask why I'm listening to her and they once asked me if I was gay because the "music I listened to kinda seems it"

So yeah, my life in a nutshell. But I really wish I could buy Lana's album, physically, but they kinda barred it. But It's my money so I really want to do what I want with it, and I would just love to have a Lana album, in my hands, it'd feel so special. So hopefully I can get Paradise Edition physically. If not then another Amazon or iTunes download behind their backs I guess.

I'm sorry. That's very bleak. But not too long before things change, so hang tight.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

It doesn't matter if you're gay or not : music is universal : it's for everybody. Lana Del rey songs are not meant for gay people, they are for everybody. We don't become gay, bi, straight, ... because of the music we're listening, we are like that because it's our choice, our taste. that's all.

You should explain it to them. If they can't understand, well it's very sad for them. I personnaly hate people who aren't open minded

6139385_orig.png

This is really disturbing, actually. Kudos to you for rising above it.

PS) I would totally buy you a copy of the Paradise Edition if I knew there was no way it could get you in trouble. :)

LanaLogo-e1328412462487.png

iamamiwhoami purity ring jessie ware grimes twin shadow

That's So Awful :'(

How can listening to music turn people gay?

I feel like stealing you and make you live in my closet, You can listen to whoever you want and buy whatever you want *hugs you*

:smokes:

I dont have a lot of stuff, but what i do have is really special to me i have, GQ magazine, H&M catalog, Top, news paper clipping and....

BORN TO DIE! SIGNED! BY HER!!

i got it signed @ I tunes festival & a photo with her, her performance was awesome!

i also pre-ordered Paradise edition the box set :D!!

well thats all i have, but for xmas i know, im getting all the vinyls = )

My Collection

#Born To Die

121014105608949432.png

> LP - Normal Edition [uSA]

> Double LP - Normal Edition [Germany]

> CD + Magazine - Normal Edition (Limited Edition) [Greek]

> CD - Normal Edition [Europe]

> CD Slipcase - Normal Edition (Limited Edition) [France]

> CD - Normal Edition [uSA]

> CD - Normal Edition [Russia]

> CD - Normal Edition [Malaisia / Asia]

> CD Digipack - Deluxe Edition [Mexico]

> CD Digipack - Deluxe Edition (Unrated) [Thaïland]

> CD Digipack - Deluxe Edition [Taïwan]

# Video Games

12101411023991219.png

> 12" (Limited Edition) [Germany]

> 7" (Limited Edition - Record Store Day) [uSA]

> 7" Picture Disc (Limited Edition) [uK]

> CD Cardsleeve Promo (Limited Edition) [uK]

> CD Promo (Limited Edition) [Netherlands]

> CD Promo (Limited Edition) [uSA]

> Maxi CD (Limited Edition - Record Store Day) [uSA]

> Maxi CD [Germany]

> Maxi CD EP [Germany]

# Born To Die

12101411062610955.png

> 12" Promo (Limited Edition) [Germany]

> 7" (Limited Edition - Record Store Day) [uSA]

> Maxi CD [Germany]

> Maxi CD EP [Germany]

# Blue Jeans

121014110753374156.png

> CD + Advert Promo (Limited Edition) [uK]

> 12" Picture Disc (Limited Edition) [France]

> CD Cardsleeve (Limited Edition) [France]

# National Anthem

121014110934715130.png

> CD Cardsleeve Promo (Limited Edition) [uK]

# Summertime Sadness

121014111044224758.png

> Maxi CD [Germany]

121014111609937248.png

> x4 Posters 1200cm x 1600cm (Limited Edition) [France]

I see half of these things, and I do even know where on earth they sell them lol I've only ever seen BTD Standard CD in stores. I must live in a crap place

2dt29zc.jpg

Ah, that sucks. You poor thing, I just want to buy you a load of Lana stuff for you :(

I'm sure that would go down well with you parents.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Do you think that a CD is gonna be release for Ride ? I Hope so ! And A Picture Disc too !

Probably. Sometimes, single are released physically two month after their release in digital. So wait and see.

By the way, they didn't released the Remixes EP of Ride for the moment, they probably want to release it in november :)

6139385_orig.png