Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

honestly i feel for barrie's gf, it's gotta fucking suck to know that your partner's ex-gf's fans are all over your page. it's enough to make anyone paranoid/insecure/generally upset (it would drive me CRAZY). not saying that user that posted did anything wrong, just that i too would absolutely be shaken up by a) lana being my partner's ex and b) have her fans potentially comparing u to her.

aOaIzH2.gif

2 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

Kinda new here, read like the first 20 pages here and the last 30 ones lol the only questions i have now is did she really date that jonathan wilson guy or were they just friends....? And who is this?AsBv0WSCEAAX28Q.jpg

He looks like the guy from the carmen video

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

On 2/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, Sadaurora said:

Kinda new here, read like the first 20 pages here and the last 30 ones lol the only questions i have now is did she really date that jonathan wilson guy or were they just friends....? And who is this?AsBv0WSCEAAX28Q.jpg

A beautiful fucking man

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

Also, his name is Josh Rachlin

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:37 AM, Sadaurora said:

Kinda new here, read like the first 20 pages here and the last 30 ones lol the only questions i have now is did she really date that jonathan wilson guy or were they just friends....? And who is this?

i honestly think NFR could be about jonathan wilson 

On 2/16/2021 at 7:29 AM, 99centlips said:

i honestly think NFR could be about jonathan wilson 

Isnt it about chase? Like the title track  seems to me to be about him but who knows

also did she date josh rachlin?

14 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

Isnt it about chase? Like the title track  seems to me to be about him but who knows

also did she date josh rachlin?

it could be about chase imo it's unlikely. when she talked about MAC during this interview in Sep 2018, she said MAC was about a walk she took with someone she WAS dating (who said they were together because they were both similar and messed up) and she made it sound like it was a past relationship. i'm not sure exactly when lana and chase started dating but they dated until may 2019 at least.

Then a couple days later, she was talking about how NFR :"The title track is called Norman Fucking Rockwell, and it's kind of about this guy who, like, he's such a genius artist but he thinks he's the shit and he knows it, and he, like, won't shut up talking about it, but it's like, so often ended up with, you know, being the creative type or not and he just goes on and on about himself, like 'yeah, yeah'. But there's also a little bit of narrative to it also, I mean, the art's so good."

Chase is more a model/actor and I don't really see him as an artist I guess? And again, she was still dating Chase during these interviews so I just don't see those two songs being about him. Jonathan, I'm pretty sure is also 6'2'' :hooker: , he wrote a couple songs about her on his record in 2018, he lives in Topanga, etc etc. 

Jonathan is a better fit IMO but i guess it could be an unknown guy?

I have no idea about Josh, I'm sure they might have seen each other a couple times but I do not think they were actually dating. 

On 2/19/2021 at 1:41 AM, 99centlips said:

it could be about chase imo it's unlikely. when she talked about MAC during this interview in Sep 2018, she said MAC was about a walk she took with someone she WAS dating (who said they were together because they were both similar and messed up) and she made it sound like it was a past relationship. i'm not sure exactly when lana and chase started dating but they dated until may 2019 at least.

Then a couple days later, she was talking about how NFR :"The title track is called Norman Fucking Rockwell, and it's kind of about this guy who, like, he's such a genius artist but he thinks he's the shit and he knows it, and he, like, won't shut up talking about it, but it's like, so often ended up with, you know, being the creative type or not and he just goes on and on about himself, like 'yeah, yeah'. But there's also a little bit of narrative to it also, I mean, the art's so good."

Chase is more a model/actor and I don't really see him as an artist I guess? And again, she was still dating Chase during these interviews so I just don't see those two songs being about him. Jonathan, I'm pretty sure is also 6'2'' :hooker: , he wrote a couple songs about her on his record in 2018, he lives in Topanga, etc etc. 

Jonathan is a better fit IMO but i guess it could be an unknown guy?

I have no idea about Josh, I'm sure they might have seen each other a couple times but I do not think they were actually dating. 

Really? what songs did Jonathan write about her???

I have a theory that she liked Josh because he looks like Michael Pitt in Boardwalk Empire, an actor who she once called hot in an interview.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

13 hours ago, 99centlips said:

yes Mullholland Queen for sure. I think Hard to Get Over is about her too...it has some interesting lyrics. 

Are there any other songs by other artists that are speculated to be about her, I’m curious 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

On 2/25/2021 at 3:28 PM, gasstationkween said:

Are there any other songs by other artists that are speculated to be about her, I’m curious 

I’ve seen people speculate “Mirage” by Alexandra Savior to be about her, but it’s mainly YouTube comments and some blogs I’m referring to. Song was co-written with Alex Turner, by the way.

Wonder if anything on COCC ties in?
COCC
"I'm on the run with you, my sweet love"
"Meet you for coffee at the elementary schools" (genius speculates this could be about AA meetings...)
"(You're born in December and I'm born in June)"
Dance Till We Die
Talks about dancing w/ someone ('babe') around October 2019
Not All Who Wander Are Lost
"You say you got my name on your tattoo"
"You talk to people like I do"  (celebrity?)
"Bible on your tattoo" (Guy with a bible verse tattoo?)
Wild at Heart
"I love you lots like polka dots" (basically the same line is in Put The Radio On)
"You're killing me, John"
Tulsa Jesus Freak
"You should stay real close to Jesus
Keep that bottle at your hand, my man
Find your way back to my bed again
Sing me like a Bible hymn"
Alcoholism, Jesus, Bible hymn/verses again

"Could I come back to the ranch, baby?"
White Dress
"I was a waitress working the night shift
You were my man, felt like I got this"