Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Who’s the “crazy y cubano” guy from West Coast? I thought she was with Scottish guy for UV. 

I always thought that this line was for aesthetic or to say that someone is left wing. I'm curious to see if it really is about someone

Who is the man in Blue Banisters who is reliable and who comes back to her? Not her father, right? This is about some lover most likely, but IDK whom. I haven't been keeping up with her romances as of late...

i am nothing and should be everything

On 5/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, Lirazel said:

Who is the man in Blue Banisters who is reliable and who comes back to her? Not her father, right? This is about some lover most likely, but IDK whom. I haven't been keeping up with her romances as of late...

I think in Blue Banisters, the man said he would come back every May and paint her banisters blue - but he never did, so that’s why her sisters painted them green and gray. 

I think she was speaking generally about her experiences in love but I would assume she was also thinking about Sean Larkin, since she mentions Oklahoma (which is where he’s from).  

Plus, all of the songs on COTCC were written before they broke up, so I think some of the songs on the forthcoming album will address their relationship ending and will delve into how her upbringing led her to enter that relationship. Text Book captures that perfectly, it seems - she attributes the effect her mother had on her relationship with her father and how that led her to compensate for what she was missing in that familial unit through her relationship with Sean.  

Sorry, such a long answer! But yes, I think the songs are written in response to her relationship with Sean, with her linking it to her relationship with her father and mother. 

5 hours ago, Jaeden xx said:

how did I not know this thread existed new favourite thread

Ikr i love this thread too, I joined lanaboards bc of this thread

On 6/22/2021 at 11:44 AM, urgirl said:

Ikr i love this thread too, I joined lanaboards bc of this thread

yeah, me too :eek:

On 6/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, Kandidate said:

There are too many "relationships" to discuss now. Any songs about Moby? it was simpler when it was just "Who is K?" =)

no songs about moby

On 9/27/2020 at 2:05 AM, Lemonade Tea said:

Considering she just wrote a song about him on NFR (the weather changing and Flipside references were a dead giveaway imo if London wasn't already), I wouldn't be surprised if they still talk occasionally. Before NFR was released, I personally think they have hooked up again at some point when they were both available to do so - maybe many times throughout the years. I think she had recent leftover feelings for him and possibly for each other in some way, but that's just my speculation.

I don't think they've seen each other or talked directly [not through their music] since he left America 

SO, I'm gonna die if I don't post this. Recently I returned to this thought: NFR being about G-Eazy. Live she sings "But as some of u know, I've changed my mind" and idk why but it gave me In My Feelings vibes. The other day I made my research and... here's this weird stuff:

If u search "g eazy laurel canyon" literally the first thing u see is pics with him and Lana. And then, is this song: https://genius.com/G-eazy-guns-n-roses-lyrics which talks about how some woman likes Guns n roses, which is funny bc she has a song named like that. Then he talks about Laurel Canyon and Mulholland Drive which is even funnier since that's what she mentions in NFR, and Jonathan Wilson actually has a song named Mulholland Queen, some people claim this one is about Lana. Also, Gerald is 6'4''. In fact, Halsey made a poem where she talks about a man whom is "almost 7 feet". This height fits with G eazy, don't think Lana actually knew the exactly measure

In conclusion: imo, some parts of the song fits with him. But anothers, there's no way it could be him. So, NFR is a multiple man song :troll: but with him included

51 minutes ago, strangeandwild said:

SO, I'm gonna die if I don't post this. Recently I returned to this thought: NFR being about G-Eazy. Live she sings "But as some of u know, I've changed my mind" and idk why but it gave me In My Feelings vibes. The other day I made my research and... here's this weird stuff:

If u search "g eazy laurel canyon" literally the first thing u see is pics with him and Lana. And then, is this song: https://genius.com/G-eazy-guns-n-roses-lyrics which talks about how some woman likes Guns n roses, which is funny bc she has a song named like that. Then he talks about Laurel Canyon and Mulholland Drive which is even funnier since that's what she mentions in NFR, and Jonathan Wilson actually has a song named Mulholland Queen, some people claim this one is about Lana. Also, Gerald is 6'4''. In fact, Halsey made a poem where she talks about a man whom is "almost 7 feet". This height fits with G eazy, don't think Lana actually knew the exactly measure

In conclusion: imo, some parts of the song fits with him. But anothers, there's no way it could be him. So, NFR is a multiple man song :troll: but with him included

this actually makes a lot of sense, the loser and man-child comparisons seem parallel and she's never really belittled a guy in her song other than in my feelings and nfr. calling him a poet and saying "your poetry's bad" could also be a subliminal metaphor for his raps that he presumably writes.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:15 PM, cheaptrailertrashglm said:

are there any songs yet about clay?

Apparently no. But if he continues to act childishly on Twitter and piss her off in some way, he's likely to get a diss track as a gift soonish or later later. :oopna2:

14 hours ago, Anthony said:

Apparently no. But if he continues to act childishly on Twitter and piss her off in some way, he's likely to get a diss track as a gift soonish or later later. :oopna2:

wait there's drama going on with them?? are they not together anymore? i've been so out of the loop since having a baby lol

~INSTA1.gif

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I always assumed Heroin, Dark Paradise, and Yayo were about the same person, Rob Dubuss.

She stated publicly that Yayo was about a man named Rob, and him dying around New Years (according to an old tweet of hers) would align with Heroin’s “bad beginning to my new year.” I wonder if that’s also why Dark Paradise’s demo lyrics didn’t originally include lines about a dead lover. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I always assumed Heroin, Dark Paradise, and Yayo were about the same person, Rob Dubuss.

She stated publicly that Yayo was about a man named Rob, and him dying around New Years (according to an old tweet of hers) would align with Heroin’s “bad beginning to my new year.” I wonder if that’s also why Dark Paradise’s demo lyrics didn’t originally include lines about a dead lover. 

The final version of Dark Paradise must have been recorded before his death cause he died in 2012 (according to the RIP tweet) just some weeks before BTD's release so I don't know... Also, all the versions have the same chorus with the references to someone not being on the other side so I think she wanted to expand on the chorus topic and that's why she rewrote the verses to match the chorus better. Maybe that one is about K (or just about the idea of her lover dying).

But yeah I agree on Heroin being about him too cause the dates match and even the songs' names share the drug topic (Yayo and Heroin)

giphy.gif

wait :deadbanana:

On 7/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, Venice Peach said:

The final version of Dark Paradise must have been recorded before his death cause he died in 2012 (according to the RIP tweet) just some weeks before BTD's release so I don't know... Also, all the versions have the same chorus with the references to someone not being on the other side so I think she wanted to expand on the chorus topic and that's why she rewrote the verses to match the chorus better. Maybe that one is about K (or just about the idea of her lover dying).

But yeah I agree on Heroin being about him too cause the dates match and even the songs' names share the drug topic (Yayo and Heroin)

i always thought the whole of BTD album was around K and his death/death row