Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I think 1949 is about her and ______ getting married (fantasizing maybe).

Carry me up them stairs

With my white socks on and my pretty song,

You like my blue nail polish

What is all this?

You said, "Little miss, upstairs

Don't be scared."

Well, carrying the bride up the stairs / into the house is a tradition after the wedding. And then there is the 'blue nail polish' line (something blue) and the white socks.

What if K stands for Kent and the character "K" is really an amalgamation of her teenage loves. It would also make a lot of sense in the Golden Grill / Gangster vs Blue Hair Pun Rocker.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Well, I found something, I don't know if this is that interesting but here it goes. :smile2:

I found an interview of reeve's band in 2008. ----> here (http://www.themilkcarton.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2583)

there's a part when the interviewer asks if there is some artist/band that they wanted to get more recognition. Reeve's brother, Zane talked about lana:'I have a friend in New York named Lizzy Grant, who’s just terrific. ' :yesnod: 

Maybe Zane introduced Lizzy to Reeve or something like that.  :brows: Or maybe Zane is the local rockstar?

Now the crazy theory  :facepalm: 

Zane and Reeve besides being brothers, they seem good friends. Maybe best friends.

What if Lana was dating Zane and cheated on him with Reeve. (or vice versa)

What if in 'get drunk' she is singing about them? I mean, she wouldn't sing ' i am sleeping with your brother'. :wat: I think that would be too strange.

I think that's it. I hope this doesn't sound too crazy. :ohno:  :awk:  

I'm not crazy, I swear. :cryney:

Now the crazy theory  :facepalm: 

Zane and Reeve besides being brothers, they seem good friends. Maybe best friends.

What if Lana was dating Zane and cheated on him with Reeve. (or vice versa)

That's pretty interesting.  :agree:

So it might be that the verse in Never Let Me Go which says 'Love me like your best friends did' could be destined to Reeve referring to Jimmy Gnecco and Zane as the best friends. :ohmy:  :runs: 

My theory is that K was a musician who was also selling drugs because “making money's hard to do right”. She also said in an interview that she met someone perfect for her who stopped wanting to live a good life (something along those lines, I think it was the Facebook interview), so my theory is that the whole “gangsta” thing was all fun and games until he started doing really bad things like murder.

But my biggest question is:

In Kill Kill, Lana says “do you know I am going to leave you?” But it seems to be really prevalent in other K songs that he left her (“same address that you left behind”, “put your foot to the floor, really walk away”, “he headed out on Sunday”)

Is it possible that Kill Kill is about someone else? Or did she plan on leaving K before the whole drive by thing happened?

I struggle with this one to, but a way to defend it being about K is the fact that she sings I'm in love with a dying man, rather than dead man. He's rotting in prison, not coming out soon, and she struggles with how to conduct her relationships while he's there and she's still in love. Maybe she wants to be free of the burden and be with other men ("Ray"?), essentially leaving him, although she admits that it equates to cheating in her mind in "Gangsta Boy".

Something extremely important about "Kill Kill" is the ocean imagery. Take both former titles--The Ocean and Florida Dark. Now consider lines from obvious K song--I'm lying in the ocean singing your song; Remember Coney Island and how we’d wade into the water ‘til the waves turned blue. Other ocean/Florida songs appear to include "Elvis", "Methamphetamines", "You & Me". Definite K candidates. "Kill Kill" just happens to be particularly vague.

And am I the only one who thinks Bel Air is simply about / inspired by Axl Rose? It's full of GnR references (run to heavens gates, sweet child of mine, idol of roses iconic soul) & this line - You've got a flair for the violentest kind of love anywhere out there - also fits. Besides, well, it wouldn't be the first time she wrote about him, would it? :lel:

Well of course she has an obsession with him but there is ample evidence in "Axl Rose Husband" that she's singing about Arthur and not a celebrity crush. A husband who recalls Axl Rose, I guess.

Tbh it seems like Lana never sings about Barrie.

"Ride" for sure.

Well of course she has an obsession with him but there is ample evidence in "Axl Rose Husband" that she's singing about Arthur and not a celebrity crush. A husband who recalls Axl Rose, I guess.

Yes, but while 'Axl Rose Husband' is obviously somewhat inspired by him, it's clear from the 1st line that it's not about him ('You my Axl Rose husband' - 'Axl Rose' is basically used as an adjective here), while Bel Air has imo too many GnR & Axl references for it to be about anyone else... Besides, maybe it was written around the time she was seen hanging out with Axl? Not sure if the chronology fits though.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Yes, but while 'Axl Rose Husband' is obviously somewhat inspired by him, it's clear from the 1st line that it's not about him ('You my Axl Rose husband' - 'Axl Rose' is basically used as an adjective here), while Bel Air has imo too many GnR & Axl references for it to be about anyone else... Besides, maybe it was written around the time she was seen hanging out with Axl? Not sure if the chronology fits though.

they only had dinner once in april 2012, axl rose husband is much older than that

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

they only had dinner once in april 2012, axl rose husband is much older than that

I know, I meant Bel Air...

If that happened in April, Paradise was released in November and in an interview she gave in June she said she was working on it & had already written 5 songs... maybe it could fit?

edit:

'Lead me to war with your brilliant direction' - another reference, maybe?

this - 'Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate trying to tell me to wait but I can’t wait to see you' - also suggests someone with a big house or mansion, maybe with security at the door or something?

smh @ me giving this much thought to my least fave Lana song :facepalm:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

And in Heavy Hitter, "Queen of Monterey, run to that ocean." - Another ocean reference.

Another K theory I had if he was actually a serial killer: so around the time that Sirens was recorded (2004), there was the Jenner double murders (a couple was murdered on the beach in California) but it wouldn't add up as K was sentenced on death row and was convicted of his crimes. I just had that thought because I think we all have came to the conclusion that the ocean references are about K. 

I think K was just an older man who helped Lana financially. I imagine her parents cut her off after she relapsed/ wouldn't fund her lifestyle, so she did what she could to continue in music.  And maybe she loved him as a person but had ~true~ love on the side (or so she thought) w/ her punk rock boyfriend. (maybe this is the guy that did drugz) Golden grill = Escalade, Bugatti, etc.  I could imagine that the reason she listed all these cars is because maybe he was a collector.  Baby, you'll never grow old in my eyes= he's saying he's too old for her, she's saying she'll never see him as old, if he's got the cars & $$, she'll always be there, he'll never be old to her ~~ etc etc. Possible that he worked in politics? Where she got the JFK references.. and dealt on Wall Street (Boarding School) embezzling money and such and that's how she saw him as ~gangster.. it's possible he served time for that. And possible Mafia ties~ as Cipriani's basement and other lyrics suggest. I'm reminded of the HDB video. Maybe Lana was a kept girl and the guy that was in politics/wall street mafia man was married so they kept it on the low ~she was born to be tha other woman~ 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

This is kind of a stretch, but...

In "For K Part 1", she sings the line "Is this what you wished for?" plenty of times throughout the song. To commit a crime, to be serving time, to leave me behind. Could "Every Man Gets His Wish" be sort of a continuation of this? I don't know what I'm saying...

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I think K was just an older man who helped Lana financially. I imagine her parents cut her off after she relapsed/ wouldn't fund her lifestyle, so she did what she could to continue in music.  And maybe she loved him as a person but had ~true~ love on the side (or so she thought) w/ her punk rock boyfriend. (maybe this is the guy that did drugz) Golden grill = Escalade, Bugatti, etc.  I could imagine that the reason she listed all these cars is because maybe he was a collector.  Baby, you'll never grow old in my eyes= he's saying he's too old for her, she's saying she'll never see him as old, if he's got the cars & $$, she'll always be there, he'll never be old to her ~~ etc etc. Possible that he worked in politics? Where she got the JFK references.. and dealt on Wall Street (Boarding School) embezzling money and such and that's how she saw him as ~gangster.. it's possible he served time for that. And possible Mafia ties~ as Cipriani's basement and other lyrics suggest. I'm reminded of the HDB video. Maybe Lana was a kept girl and the guy that was in politics/wall street mafia man was married so they kept it on the low ~she was born to be tha other woman~ 

Everyone is turning their back on the American Dream AKA idea that Lana loved a guy a death row :sadcore:

this sounds plausible but in blue jeans she's singing about a punk rock guy who turns into a gangsta so maybe they're the same guy after all?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Everyone is turning their back on the American Dream AKA idea that Lana loved a guy a death row :sadcore:

Have you seen "Leaving Las Vegas"? Nicholas Cage's character is the type of "dying man" I think Lana sings about. Not from disease per se, but from giving up. (On life? On them?)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

"I was kind of a night owl and just walked around and met weird people. That was me picking up life experiences and meshing them into my own. That really did it for me."

i think that quote kinda confirms that some of this could be fictional and she's just writing off the experiences of the people that she met. 

but i still believe K is real  :agree:

"I was kind of a night owl and just walked around and met weird people. That was me picking up life experiences and meshing them into my own. That really did it for me."

i think that quote kinda confirms that some of this could be fictional and she's just writing off the experiences of the people that she met. 

but i still believe K is real  :agree:

Not gonna lie; I find the K relationship (I was almost gonna write storyline; I have been reading way too much about video games) songs to be them most interesting (and also the ones I can relate to the most. Not in a "I have a rich gangsta sugar daddy" way; idk I just like 'em). It's so interesting and mysterious and just so Lana! I don't care much for rock-star boyfriends.

If all the K stuff were fake I'd probably just plug my ears because I just like it that much.  :creep:

I was under the impression that by the time he ended up in jail she had already broken up with k , (possibly had other realtionship between this time)

then when she found out he was in prison she reached out to him

"Use your one phone call on your ex girl"

Also she was living in greenwich avenue while they were together and when while they broke up - up untill the time she found out he was in jail she was still living in greenwich avenue (maybe its her apartment with her sister she had on the side)

"Got that same address if you want to write, on greenwich avenue"

Also the refrences about K and the ocean is clear in this but she doesn't talk about a califonia beach/ocean but the ocean in coney island

"Remember coney island and how we went in to the water till the waves turned blue"

Certain the cali san diego boyfriend is martin hoffman - and K is a new yorker or from her hometown/conneticut and followed her to NYC?

I was under the impression that by the time he ended up in jail she had already broken up with k , (possibly had other realtionship between this time)

then when she found out he was in prison she reached out to him

"Use your one phone call on your ex girl"

Also she was living in greenwich avenue while they were together and when while they broke up - up untill the time she found out he was in jail she was still living in greenwich avenue (maybe its her apartment with her sister she had on the side)

"Got that same address if you want to write, on greenwich avenue"

Also the refrences about K and the ocean is clear in this but she doesn't talk about a califonia beach/ocean but the ocean in coney island

"Remember coney island and how we went in to the water till the waves turned blue"

Certain the cali san diego boyfriend is martin hoffman - and K is a new yorker or from her hometown/conneticut and followed her to NYC?

These make sense to an extent, but I don't think that they're the case due to some songs from Sirens and from Living Without You.