Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Who do you guys think she actually married? I was listening to Fine Chine today, and I remembered how in LA Who Am I To Love You she also says 

Daughter to no one, table for one
Party of thousands of people I don't know at Delilah where my ex-husband works

Do we think she was actually married?

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

On 9/24/2012 at 7:13 AM, Sitar said:

Conclusion: I’m probably crazy.

Songs That Seem to Be About Barrie James-O’Neill:

Hide contents

BTD: The Paradise Edition
- American (I can’t just justify this by just saying it’s the happiest current song she’s ever written, can I? Well, if you need to be convinced, Barrie is Scottish--perhaps describing him as having the spirit of an American without actually being one is apt. We can certainly say he’s the first non-American we know of her dating.)

- Body Electric
- Gods & Monsters (Allow a personal interpretation: “Gods & Monsters” is a song written in response to her fame and her resulting mindset. The land of gods and monsters perhaps being the limelight/Hollywood/fame in general? I don’t know. But there is a love interest here, one who seems to alleviate her pain.
Barrie is the first public relationship she’s taken up after garnering so much fame.)
- Ride (This song is almost certainly about Lana’s current life, as opposed to her tradition of singing about past loves. We glean that it’s her reaction to the backlash that came with her fame based on the monologue in the music video and statements she’s given relating the song to touring. But while this song is deeply personal, the first verse invokes a “full-time daddy”.
Barrie is her current boyfriend. For her, singing blues has been getting old and she’s rather just be happy with him.)

not the list of barrie songs starting and ending with Paradise. that is definitely crazy. ultraviolence + honeymoon found dead

I got bored and starting reading through this thread for a little trip down memory lane (fun fact: this thread was how I discovered LB), so here's a thought I've had for a while:

I'm gonna be honest, I've never thought that K was real or at least fully real. I think he's more of a mix of different attributes of guys that Lana's met/dated throughout her life or even just a guy that she exaggerated a bit for storytelling purposes, and that the stuff said in For K Pt. 1 was more metaphorical than anything else. Especially since the way Lana talks about K in pt. 1 is so different than the guy she seems to be talking about in pt. 2. We don't know for sure and most likely never will though, so maybe Lana really did date a guy who ended up being put on death row  :whatever2:

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, Super Movie said:

I got bored and starting reading through this thread for a little trip down memory lane (fun fact: this thread was how I discovered LB), so here's a thought I've had for a while:

I'm gonna be honest, I've never thought that K was real or at least fully real. I think he's more of a mix of different attributes of guys that Lana's met/dated throughout her life or even just a guy that she exaggerated a bit for storytelling purposes, and that the stuff said in For K Pt. 1 was more metaphorical than anything else. Especially since the way Lana talks about K in pt. 1 is so different than the guy she seems to be talking about in pt. 2. We don't know for sure and most likely never will though, so maybe Lana really did date a guy who ended up being put on death row  :whatever2:

i really agree! but tbh i still like the theory that K is Kurt Cobain :trisha: 

mUENGN9.png

8 hours ago, Heresthedeal said:

Yeah but he could just be a narcissist who writes her off as some girl who was obessed with him,i heard theres kids involved so thats probably why she let him say whatever.

Didn't know about the theory that she didn't know Jimmy. 

That line from Gods & Monsters could kinda confirm it :

"Like a groupie incognito, posing as a real singer"

Lizzy being a Jimmy obsessive stan posing as a real singer. Then she becomes famous while no one knows Jimmy. 

Groupie Love could also have been about that relationship. Maybe Lana was fantasising that she was with him while she was just a regular groupie. 

Having a real singer (Asap) portraying Jimmy being in love with Lana was her ultimate fantasy. Life immitates art.

4 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i really agree! but tbh i still like the theory that K is Kurt Cobain :trisha: 

apropos Kurt Cobain, in Wildflower Wildfire she refers"lithium", which is also a song by Nirvana. Lithium is used medically to treat bipolar disorder, and maybe that's why she feels so connected to him.

My humble impression from what I’ve gathered from songs rumored to be about Jimmy Gnecco is that they are indeed about him being dismissive of her. I think they knew each other, but not that well. Lana might have come too strong on him, as least that’s what I gather from Facebook posts and lyrics. He doesn’t seem to be a narcissist though, he simply may have not liked her.

15 hours ago, meth daytona said:

not the list of barrie songs starting and ending with Paradise. that is definitely crazy. ultraviolence + honeymoon found dead

I don't think the OP has been updated since 2012. I'd love an updated version. :smokes:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, The Baradise Edition said:

The trio is about how blue banisters is about three men

Sean first 3 songs

Clay next 6

Barrie the rest

Excluding wfwf and sweet carolina

"three alternative endings course through my blood on ice" :wat:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 hours ago, The Baradise Edition said:

The trio is about how blue banisters is about three men

Sean first 3 songs

Clay next 6

Barrie the rest

Excluding wfwf and sweet carolina

and who is the "good", the "bad" and the "ugly"? ;) Interesting, because the number 3 plays an important role in this album. Three women in the blue banisters video, three humans/pets on front and back cover, three singles dropped at the beginning ...