Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

lately i've been think that "K" stands for Kurt Cobain...

You know, I wouldn't be surprised. I've been thinking that lately too. I was watching Kurt & Courtney and they discuss in depth how Courtney always compared her and Kurt to a modern day Bonnie and Clyde, or Sid and Nancy and said they loved to fight like that. Sounds veeerrry familiar. She did say he was the most beautiful creature she's ever seen.

Oh and guess who Lana just saw this week?

I think Lana has a penchant for the leading ladies in men's life. Like Jackie O/Marilyn, Priscilla and now Courtney

You know, I wouldn't be surprised. I've been thinking that lately too. I was watching Kurt & Courtney and they discuss in depth how Courtney always compared her and Kurt to a modern day Bonnie and Clyde, or Sid and Nancy and said they loved to fight like that. Sounds veeerrry familiar. She did say he was the most beautiful creature she's ever seen.

Oh and guess who Lana just saw this week?

I think Lana has a penchant for the leading ladies in men's life. Like Jackie O/Marilyn, Priscilla and now Courtney

kurt never liked those comparisons though when they were made by the media and he'd make fun of them. he'd check into hotels as simon ritchie (sid vicious' real name). and i think courtney's romanticising quite a bit. i doubt they liked the fights they had, they wrecked their marriage. courtney once threw a juice maker at kurt's head and he in turn choked her. another time they fought for hours at the heart-shaped box shoot about kurt having to look a certain way and he put out his cigarette on his forehead to piss her off. etc. etc.

i kind of doubt lana has any in depth knowledge about any of those people, she literally only talks about their faces and sometimes voices and for k doesn't fit kurt at all, for k parts 2 barely does.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

why K has to stand for ONE thing /person? Maybe Lana chose  the letter K because stands for several things that means a lot to her. Kurt, K Mart, a boy who's initials or is known as K, kent...maybe K is actually a period of time in her life. Maybe K's voice reminds her of Kurt somehow. K mart is all over US maybe in her small town had one where she used to hang for some odd reason....  Just thinking.... :hdu:

glgcDdT.gif

why K has to stand for ONE thing /person? Maybe Lana chose  the letter K because stands for several things that means a lot to her. Kurt, K Mart, a boy who's initials or is known as K, kent...maybe K is actually a period of time in her life. Maybe K's voice reminds her of Kurt somehow. K mart is all over US maybe in her small town had one where she used to hang for some odd reason....  Just thinking.... :hdu:

for k is very specific and obviously about one person

There was a drive-by, Sunday night

Most of us were in bed, alright

I turned down the light

Then I heard the sirens interrupt the silence

Is this what you wished, to commit a crime?

Is this what you wished, to commit a crime, commit a crime, commit a crime?

He was a nice guy, really bright

Making money's hard to do right

Guilty was his plight

Now he's in a jail cell for some thirty years now

Is this what you wished, to be serving time?

Is this what you wished, to be serving time, serving time, serving time?

K's a friend of mine

I think about him as he does time

Miss his white wine

Funny I don't feel free even though it's not me

Is this what you wished, to leave me behind?

Is this what you wished, to leave me behind, me behind, me behind?

Last year, they decided

That his time was up and then he got retried

Double homicide

Sent him onto death row, not to hang around, though

Is this what you wished, did you wanna die?

Is this what you wished, did you wanna die, wanna die, wanna die?

Did you wanna die, wanna die, wanna die, wanna die?

Did you wanna die?

for k part 2 could definitely be about someone else but it's still only one person and idk how it could be interpreted as being about kurt unless lana was fantasising about being in a relationship w him but writing a song about that, recording it and publishing it would be extremely odd, even for lana

All right, you got me

I don't play a good guitar

But what do want from me?

It's just a stupid bar

I didn't promise anything, no

You think I'm pretty and you like way I talk

I like your music and you like the way I walk

So I think we're gonna get along

I like the way you wear your sweater off your shoulder

The way your hair comes down and makes you look older

How you get so handsome, my boy?

Pretty baby

(x2)

The way your face is shaped, I wonder if you know

The way you stand up and your silhouette glows

I'm electrified, I'll be up all night now

Use that voice, sing that song

And tell me to come on, to come on, come on

You won't hear no

You won't hear no

Pretty baby

(x2)

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

for k is very specific and obviously about one person

There was a drive-by, Sunday night

Most of us were in bed, alright

I turned down the light

Then I heard the sirens interrupt the silence

Is this what you wished, to commit a crime, commit a crime, commit a crime?

He was a nice guy, really bright

Making money's hard to do right

Guilty was his plight

Now he's in a jail cell for some thirty years now

Is this what you wished, to be serving time, serving time, serving time?

K's a friend of mine

I think about him as he does time

Miss his white wine

Funny I don't feel free even though it's not me

Is this what you wished, to leave me behind, me behind, me behind?

Last year, they decided

That his time was up and then he got retried

Double homicide

Sent him onto death row, not to hang around, though

Is this what you wished, did you wanna die, wanna die, wanna die?

Did you wanna die, wanna die, wanna die, wanna die?

Did you wanna die?

for k part 2 could definitely be about someone else but it's still only one person and idk how it could be interpreted as being about kurt unless lana was fantasising about being in a relationship w him but writing a song about that, recording it and publishing it would be extremely odd, even for lana

All right, you got me

I don't play a good guitar

But what do want from me?

It's just a stupid bar

I didn't promise anything, no

You think I'm pretty and you like way I talk

I like your music and you like the way I walk

So I think we're gonna get along

I like the way you wear your sweater off your shoulder

The way your hair comes down and makes you look older

How you get so handsome, my boy?

Pretty baby

(x2)

The way your face is shaped, I wonder if you know

The way you stand up and your silhouette glows

I'm electrified, I'll be up all night now

Use that voice, sing that song

And tell me to come on, to come on, come on

You won't hear no

You won't hear no

Pretty baby

(x2)

Maybe I didnt express myself properly or maybe you didn't get what I meant. I was talking about the choice of using specifically the letter K. The song for K is indeed about a specific boy, well at least REALLY looks like it is, but the letter can mean things that are reference to this boy and also Lana and her surroundings. Not specifically about Kurt Cobain but Kurt reminds her from that time in her life with this boy who she also named K. Maybe this boy looks reminds her of Kurt, maybe Nirvana's songs reminds her of K.

I also was talking about a couple other songs not only for K and K part two since I belive other songs are related to him as well. And those songs have, between many others, lipstick, maekets and Nirvana references. It's just a thought and a bunch of maybe's tbh since I have no way to know what really is.

edit: what i am saying is that maybe identifying him, this particular guy,  with the letter K is not random or even about his name specifically

glgcDdT.gif

im not saying that lana was fantasizing about being with kurt but maybe she wanted a love like theirs or whatever.But they have a lot in common which might be cause lana is a fan and lets face it there are something now I'm more of a fan of then i was before lana came. Anyway the song For K is the only song where lana actually said "K". For K Part 2 she sings pretty baby and i read a comment somewhere where it claimed that the song Pretty Baby is actually For K. Which makes sense in a way. Which can be something to think about or not. Also I there are some lines in other songs that think you could say fits Kurt. Not saying they are about Kurt but could have be influences by Kurt. I think a lot of us don't believe lana when she said all her songs are autobiographical "Heavier than Heavenly"- Kurt did a tour and the tour was Heavier than Heaven, " I know your wife and she wouldn't mind" Lana knows Courtney. also point out cola has the line my pussy (i know barrie inspired the line) heart shaped box courtney told lana over twitter its about hers..

Anyway I'm not really good at putting all my thoughts out there as organized and in a way they make sense like the rest of you and the only reason i posted this is because it looks like i reopened a can of worms when i said lately I've been think K stands for Kurt. Hope this makes sense and you get where I'm coming from. if not whatever.

kurt never liked those comparisons though when they were made by the media and he'd make fun of them. he'd check into hotels as simon ritchie (sid vicious' real name).

Kinda OT, but it's interesting that he hated/mocked those comparisons but basically acknowledged them at the same time by choosing 'simon richie' as his alias, of all names...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Kinda OT, but it's interesting that he hated/mocked those comparisons but basically acknowledged them at the same time by choosing 'simon richie' as his alias, of all names...

50% of the things he did contradicted the other 50% of the things he did, bless the boi

Last night I went through murderpedia looking for a male who had murdered two people on a Monday or a Sunday between 1985 to 2006 in either Florida, New York or Connecticut (I might've checked California too, I can't remember) and I did find one person who eerily fit the description (he even had connections to music) and did get sentenced to death but he didn't confess to the murder and he wasn't sentenced until 2007 and I was so disappointed  :pft:  I also found another candidate who had previously been a model which fit with Lana's ~i saw your face and you blew my mind~ attitude  :delish:

Last night I went through murderpedia looking for a male who had murdered two people on a Monday or a Sunday between 1985 to 2006 in either Florida, New York or Connecticut (I might've checked California too, I can't remember) and I did find one person who eerily fit the description (he even had connections to music) and did get sentenced to death but he didn't confess to the murder and he wasn't sentenced until 2007 and I was so disappointed  :pft:  I also found another candidate who had previously been a model which fit with Lana's ~i saw your face and you blew my mind~ attitude  :delish:

....................................names

i'm scared i'm gonna wake up with a bullet in my head tomorrow  :eek:

but yeah the model dude is thomas rigterink and the other dude is ronell wilson

ronell wilson's case was covered by the new york times (by william K rashbaum) & he went to rikers island, leader of the "stapleton crew", member of the bloods.....maybe lana read about it in the paper and wrote about it? kurt cobain wrote polly about an article he read in the newspaper. and idk, that one blog post is the only source for sirens being from either 2005 or 2006 afaik, maybe he mixed something up and it's actually from 2007?

She writes all her own music, and she said her lyrics tend to be a reflection on actual incidents in her life.

"There will be two true verses, then I'll make up the third; just rhyme it out," Grant said.

:smokes4: it was said during the Lizzy Grant era. 

SCARFACE2371.png

I just finished reading all 50 pages of this thread. I had to go check what day I registered -- it's been 2 weeks, guys. 2 weeks of awesome, obsessive theorizing about a total stranger's love life. Hell of an entree into this forum.