Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Saw someone on Tumblr say they always thought 'K' was Ketamine. I don't know, I found that interesting..

Honestly, if we ever found out if were true, I would have 2 roll my eyes 4000x.. I mean she said in GQ some of her songs are being ~sung to alcohol ~ the luv of her lyf~~~ lmao

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

maybe add pictures of the various men please?

Working on it.

As you all know, I don't have all the info, so I'm asking your help: What do you think is the significance of gonna see it all before he says goodbye in "Every Man Has His Wish"? Perhaps going to prison? I just don't know,

Working on it.

As you all know, I don't have all the info, so I'm asking your help: What do you think is the significance of gonna see it all before he says goodbye in "Every Man Has His Wish"? Perhaps going to prison? I just don't know,

I think so, it's clear that she had a boyfriend who went to jail, I think Every MAn Has His Wish is about K but I don't know

2wn4whw.png

Working on it.

Yeah, I mean obviously Every Man and 1949 are about a cross country trip, I interpret it as seeing the country before he has to go to jail- because that was his wish~ and she talks about Alabama and "big jail break" in 1949. aye aye ayyeee

NOTE: Please respect the privacy of people mentioned in this post who are not public figures.

Here's something "juicy"...

Some time ago I was reading this interview and wondered if the teacher she mentions was a teacher at her boarding school.

1. For music fans who may not yet know much about you, could you give us some background information on your musical past / tell us about when your love of music first began?
“Well, I was the cantor in my church choir when I was younger and I was in choirs all throughout highschool. I didn't listen to much popular music when I grew up but I did watch a lot of movies, and I was always writing music. When I got into highschool I listened to a lot of rap and techno and eventually found different types of music that I loved like elvis and van halen. My teacher in highschool Mr. Campbell, taught me who all the greats were in every genre and eventually I came to know what good music was.”

If you do a little digging, using archive.org you can find that there was a Mr. Campbell that was an English teacher at her boarding school when she attended there, though he doesn't teach there now, and that they follow/friend each other on various social media platforms.

I subsequently discovered "Prom Song (Gone Wrong)" which is a love song in a high school setting, which notably has the following lyrics: "You played me Biggie Smalls and then my first Nirvana song."

More recently, in preparing for the covers-themed LanaDelReydio show I'm working on, I was looking up interviews where she mentions Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, or "Heart-shaped Box" and noticed this in one of the interviews I found:

What was the first hip-hop record you became obsessed with?
The first Biggie Smalls track that I really loved I would say, just like everyone else, was "Juicy". I realised what cool was. I wasn't that young - I was 15 and my best friend at school, who is still my best friend today, was actually my teacher. He was a white English teacher who played basketball and listened to hip-hop. I didn't know what everyone thought was cool. He played Biggie Smalls for me in his car. I didn't really know that there was that space for storytelling in songs. I thought, "Everything I thought I could do, I was right about." You could keep it really smart. Some of the people I met were pretty traditional and I was [already] singing some sort of weird things pretty young.

I nearly did a spit take. But then I found something really weird. In another interview published just a couple days later, she changes the story:

She doesn’t listen to modern music.

The 25-year-old, who hit the Top 10 with debut single Video Games last month, had been trying to make it as a singer since she was a teenager. And it wasn’t until she went to boarding school at 14 that she even heard what was current in the charts at that time.

Lana told me: “I heard Biggie Smalls, Tribe Called Quest and things like that.

“My best friend was my teacher, she’s still my best friend now, and she played all that stuff to me.

Suddenly, Mr. Campbell turns into a she. WTF is that about? Is she trying to hide something?

I'll ask the impolite question: Do you think Lana ever fucked a teacher?

Now I'm not necessarily saying I think she fucked her teacher. But I think she at least fantasized about it. (Perhaps the fact that it's her teacher is what "Gone Wrong" refers to.) And I think "Lolita" is about him too. Consider that in Nabokov's novel, Humbert Humbert is a middle-aged literature professor.

All of which just makes this serendipitous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZZF4ch3LM
Biggie: This album is dedicated to all the teachers...

:legend:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I met you with your mother and she had green shoes

She was so cool

XFM: ...about this one dude..

Lana: He doesn't know, his mother knows. We're in touch.

The misheard lyric of:

I'm in love with a dying man.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

EVILENTITY MY VIRGIN THREAD WASN'T READY FOR THIS!

Mind if I just directly quote your for the OP? Man, to bring it all the way back to "Lolita"...she has always had a taste for men who are older.

Like, is there any doubt this isn't absolutely correct? Not for me.

I met you with your mother and she had green shoes

She was so cool

XFM: ...about this one dude..

Lana: He doesn't know, his mother knows. We're in touch.

The misheard lyric of:

I'm in love with a dying man.

DIANNE! :O :o :O

:lmao:

That's just hell lots of investigations! *praise*

At this point I just don't know whether Lizzy was just a shy girl with crazy fantasies going on in her mind, turning daily boring events into something epic, or a girl with several lives. If all the lanalysis theories are true, she has been living her life at the fullest - wonder how she made through it without too many damages.

up45I.gif

That's just hell lots of investigations! *praise*

At this point I just don't know whether Lizzy was just a shy girl with crazy fantasies going on in her mind, turning daily boring events into something epic, or a girl with several lives. If all the lanalysis theories are true, she has been living her life at the fullest - wonder how she made through it without too many damages.

Honestly, I'm more inclined to believe it's all true rather than all fake. She says she's lived a very long life.. for some reason I believe her and I think what Evil said was 100% true tbh!!!

praise thee, evilentity, you are a master detective!!!!

105-1.gif

i think it's pretty obvious that in the daily star interview she changed the teacher's gender because she was starting to be well-known, whereas in the repeat fanzine interview she was more open because she didn't think many people would pay attention - and much less analyze every minute detail - of what she shared.

thank you, evil! :legend: