Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Well the secret part was clear to me from the beginning, but just like wtf people who keep her alone? People who neglect her? Guys who are on the road instead of being with her? Why do they keep her alone if they already left her??

I don't get it, I just don't get it.. :sadcore5: but thanks anyway

To me, I think it means they haven't left her as such, but as in they ignore or neglect her.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

To me, I think it means they haven't left her as such, but as in they ignore or neglect her.

I'm obviously not an English expert, but I can agree with this interpretation! :agree2: it makes the most sense.

i am nothing and should be everything

"People who keep her alone," could be people who are dead. She is always alone from them & also keeps herself alone from any new men because she knows not to get really attached ever again?

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

(don't know if anyone wrote about West Coast already too lazy too look through alllll of this thread  :shh2: but)

Down on the West Coast, I get this feeling, like It all could happen, that's why I'm leaving you for the moment, you for the moment, boy blue, yeah, you"

(I thought of Kill Kill when I heard this line because "do you know I am going to leave you?")

"I can see my baby swinging, his Parliament's on fire and his hands are up"

(I saw this as a reference as abuse. Swinging could be a metaphor for falling in love the "his hands are up" changed it for me)

"I can see my sweet boy swinging"

(This is really sad to me because imo when someone is getting abused its upsetting because they used to know this sweet person and he's changed)

"I'm in love, I'm in love,"

(She still loves him, loves the way he "hit me and it felt like a kiss")

and yes I could be wrong but I know this song is about the West Coast vibe and how she loves it there but there's always some reference to something imo. idk I thought of this. :whatever:

god knows I tried

Maybe I'm dumb but why does the line "And his hands are up" mean abuse?

I originally heard the lyrics as "his hands are rough" but It's up but it still means the same thing. Leave it to Lana to romanticize abuseeeee.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

In that swedish interview she talks about passion turning into violence, cant see barrie being a very violent man tho haha

Lol I don't actually think she ever sings about Barrie.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Like a boxer who puts his fists up, ready to hit his opponent or like to raise one's hands against sb, even though I thought she meant sth like this  :justride2:

I originally heard the lyrics as "his hands are rough" but It's up but it still means the same thing. Leave it to Lana to romanticize abuseeeee.

I don't think she means to romanticize it exactly. Like, she was in love so she overlooked the abuse. It happens to so many women in abusive relationships. And I think with Lana, she thought passion and anger and violence were all kind of the same. Regardless, she is treating abuse like a positive thing rather than a negative one. 

West coast is flawless though and it was like I was hit by a 2x4 when I heard those lyrics 

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Ah, got it, thanks...

Like a boxer who puts his fists up, ready to hit his opponent or like to raise one's hands against sb, even though I thought she meant sth like this  :justride2:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Thank you, @@Rafael, for finding the perfect protagonist for West Coast, I might have been fallen in love with you ever since  :brows3: 
but I'm just quoting here, because I feel like the world needs to know.. (and we should continue that discussion over here in this thread)

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

oh my god i think i know who it's about   :hdu:

Pop+singer+Lana+Del+Rey+seen+rocking+AC+

notice the cigarette brand in his palm rly resembles 

Parliament_(cigarette)_pack.jpg

lanalysis is back!   :legend:

As I checked now, there were no pictures of Lana and Barrie from Feb 2012 until November... I actually think she left him (for a moment) and was seeing loads of other guys. She was seen with Shannon Leto, Axl Rose, Harvey Weinstein, Josh Rachlin, Justin Murdock, Steven Tayler and a couple of other unknown male friends, not saying most of them were ever more than friends, but she was def seeing more guys than she does now! From June to August there are pictures of that Parliament dude and her and apparently he was also at some point in the Ride video, so I guess they were messin around in the summer time! 

And all the time I thought Barrie was just a bit more private... :sadcore6:

Thank you, @@Rafael, for finding the perfect protagonist for West Coast, I might have been fallen in love with you ever since  :brows3: 

but I'm just quoting here, because I feel like the world needs to know.. (and we should continue that discussion over here in this thread)

As I checked now, there were no pictures of Lana and Barrie from Feb 2012 until November... I actually think she left him (for a moment) and was seeing loads of other guys. She was seen with Shannon Leto, Axl Rose, Harvey Weinstein, Josh Rachlin, Justin Murdock, Steven Tayler and a couple of other unknown male friends, not saying most of them were ever more than friends, but she was def seeing more guys than she does now! From June to August there are pictures of that Parliament dude and her and apparently he was also at some point in the Ride video, so I guess they were messin around in the summer time! 

And all the time I thought Barrie was just a bit more private... :sadcore6:

I still think American is about him! Nothing more American than someone who is Native American...   :brows:  

And I dunno about anyone else but he looks pretty golden brown to me lol

I still think one of her past loves (most likely K) fits the Cuban gangster described in American, West Coast & plenty of other songs. If he is illegal then he's 'like an American'. :creep:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I kind of thought of it like he was "swinging" (punching, etc) and then his hands were up in a sort of guilty way (like when a policeman says "put your hands up!") But really, who knows, she could just mean swinging in the same way she does in Video Games. 

Black Beauty?

i've always thought black beauty was about barrie. at least i hope it is. i really wish lana would sing about her present life sometimes.

a  -  m  -  e  -  r  -  i  -  c  -  a    /    all i wanna do is   p  l  a  y

Black Beauty?

i've always thought black beauty was about barrie. at least i hope it is. i really wish lana would sing about her present life sometimes.

I don't think it's about Barrie. She's talking about a lost soul who likes his woman dark, strong, and proud and that does not seen like barrie at all

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif