Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Sorry for the sass, I still love you all :kiss:  But I'm kinda sick of people thinking every song is about that gangster guy with the golden Grill! I mean the majority of her songs might be about him, but come on that dude would be Cuban, Italian, American, from New York, LA and Florida at the same time! Driving a Chevrolet, Pontiac, Pick up and an Escalade.. 

In West Coast she's talking to sb in the verses directly (I'm leaving you for the moment, yeah you) and in the chorus she's talking about sb in third person (His hands are up) actually think the verses are about Barrie, as she also mentioned she never found sb that dedicated to music as him (You got the music in you) and the chorus is about her crazy Parliament short-time lover.

I don't think it's about Barrie. She's talking about a lost soul who likes his woman dark, strong, and proud and that does not seen like barrie at all

i always associated it with him because 1) he seems like the tortured artist type, and 2) lana dyed her hair dark before the song leaked. 

a  -  m  -  e  -  r  -  i  -  c  -  a    /    all i wanna do is   p  l  a  y

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/felicia-c-sullivan/interview-singersongwrite_b_159346.html

Where is the strangest place you've ever performed? Ever written a song?

LG: Strangest performance: Alone in a basement for a handsome record executive.
Strangest ever written: Back at his office while I was making out with him.

This an old interview she must have been 22 at the time. Anybody know who she is refer to? I didn't expect that answer lol

That was my interpretation at first as well.

I kind of thought of it like he was "swinging" (punching, etc) and then his hands were up in a sort of guilty way (like when a policeman says "put your hands up!") But really, who knows, she could just mean swinging in the same way she does in Video Games. 

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I always saw it as being about a crime. Like domestic abuse or some kind of drug house raid. That's the only reason Lana would indefinitely leave 'for the moment' and the fact she says 'boy blue' makes me think of a nickname she may have called an old lover.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I actually thought nothing of the lyrics. I kinda took it literally, like I'd actually picture a man on a swing  :creep:

Now I think this song is about an abusive relationship. Like It fits the name Ultraviolence, and the lyric Lana mentioned, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss". Also, it reminds me of Hundred Dollar Bill, like Jimmy. Cause of the lyric, "I like your ultra-violent swing, I like it when you treat me mean, you turn my mood from black to blue"

And I think Boy blue is either a cocaine/crack or amphetamine reference (but probably cocaine/crack cause its more commonly abused), cause, according to the drug slang dictionary, boy means cocaine, and blue means crack. Blue Boy is amphetamine. 

So maybe west coast is about a lover who got into drugs and eventually changed and became abusive? Or just about aggressive relationships in general?

Its a pretty shitty lanalysis but what ever

Sorry for the sass, I still love you all :kiss:  But I'm kinda sick of people thinking every song is about that gangster guy with the golden Grill! I mean the majority of her songs might be about him, but come on that dude would be Cuban, Italian, American, from New York, LA and Florida at the same time! Driving a Chevrolet, Pontiac, Pick up and an Escalade.. 

In West Coast she's talking to sb in the verses directly (I'm leaving you for the moment, yeah you) and in the chorus she's talking about sb in third person (His hands are up) actually think the verses are about Barrie, as she also mentioned she never found sb that dedicated to music as him (You got the music in you) and the chorus is about her crazy Parliament short-time lover.

Yes I definitely think it's about two people. Cause some of it doesn't make sense if it's about one person.

Like You say you miss me, I wanna say I miss you so much. But something keeps me really quiet, your love, your love, your love. Like she just said she finds it hard to say she misses him, but then is all your love, your love, your love. That's why I think she's referring to her West Coast lover with that part, he's keeping her from missing Barrie  :eek:

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but I'm thinking Black Beauty and West Coast might be linked because if the "my sparrow blue" and "boy blue" lyrics. I'm just linking them because they're recent songs though, it's not like Lana has never used the word "blue" before in a song.

A couple of nights ago I was really bored.. and I was looking through the death penalty records in CA but there was no one who would fit K at all, and then I checked those inmates who are currently on death row in California.. AND I found a perfect candidate! Name, looks, time of crime, kind of crime, like even the date was on a Monday to Tuesday night (headed out on Sunday, said he'd come home Monday, but he never came back) 

Should I share? Too little information for sharing? Too weird to discuss an actual murderer on lb?

A couple of nights ago I was really bored.. and I was looking through the death penalty records in CA but there was no one who would fit K at all, and then I checked those inmates who are currently on death row in California.. AND I found a perfect candidate! Name, looks, time of crime, kind of crime, like even the date was on a Monday to Tuesday night (headed out on Sunday, said he'd come home Monday, but he never came back) 

Should I share? Too little information for sharing? Too weird to discuss an actual murderer on lb?

if you want  :creep:

I think he could also be from Florida, i think they have the death penalty. 

Please don't do that... Everyone deserves to have privacy..  If someone wants to know they'll stop being lazy and find out themselves...

Dumb bitches...

Please don't do that... Everyone deserves to have privacy..  If someone wants to know they'll stop being lazy and find out themselves...

Dumb bitches...

Well, yeah that's why I was asking in the first place.. but get some peace, dear, no need to call anyone a dumb bitch   :lolno:

we've done that before so i think it's okay to post it (nobody said anything about it then so). it's just speculation anyways

WTF this is so fucking awkward 

JimmyGnecco_SupportingLanaDelRey.png

maybe we will get some REAL information about their realtionship/affair (or Lana stalking him) now ???

this also could be a hint that he is actually the Radio guy.

Lana once said that she doesn't care WHY people like her, all that matters to her is THAT they do (poor baby  :( ).

maybe she is still obsessed with him and now that he is interested in her (because of her fame), she lets him perform before her.

Barrie, keep an eye on your girl !

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

WTF this is so fucking awkward 

JimmyGnecco_SupportingLanaDelRey.png

maybe we will get some REAL information about their realtionship/affair (or Lana stalking him) now ???

this also could be a hint that he is actually the Radio guy.

Lana once said that she doesn't care WHY people like her, all that matters to her is THAT they do (poor baby  :( ).

maybe she is still obsessed with him and now that he is interested in her (because of her fame), she lets him perform before her.

Barrie, keep an eye on your girl !

Ummm, tbh I wouldn't mind her still being interested in Jimmy  :creep: and totally agree with you we need more info for Jimminterpreting!

Even though I think Radio is about Reeve, because in an interview from June 2011 just when Video Games started blowing up she was asked "If you're Nancy then who is your Lee Hazlewood?" and she simply answered: "Reeve Carney" (source: http://goo.gl/KGeUL1).

Ummm, tbh I wouldn't mind her still being interested in Jimmy  :creep: and totally agree with you we need more info for Jimminterpreting!

Even though I think Radio is about Reeve, because in an interview from June 2011 just when Video Games started blowing up she was asked "If you're Nancy then who is your Lee Hazlewood?" and she simply answered: "Reeve Carney" (source: http://goo.gl/KGeUL1).

thanks for the link :) I just don't understand why that question prooves that he is the Radio man... could you explain  :um:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx