Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Whoever this professor of hers was, he must be a manipulative fucker... reading Lolita to a teen and making out with her... sounds like abuse to me. I'd punch his face. Even tho Lolita is my fave novel since I was 12, someone playing Humbert disgusts me.

You haven't read this thread through, now have you?  :hooker:

In Intro Magazine she stated that she got her name Lana Del Rey (Ray) because her boyfriend at that time was from Delray Beach, Florida. I remember her saying that her name was made up by Cuban friends in Florida, soooo her boyfriend might have been crazy y cubano :hooker:  

i read in another interview that she got the Del rey part from the ford Del rey  and i forget what she said the Lana part came from somebody she admired.. 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

Whoever this professor of hers was, he must be a manipulative fucker... reading Lolita to a teen and making out with her... sounds like abuse to me. I'd punch his face. Even tho Lolita is my fave novel since I was 12, someone playing Humbert disgusts me.

exactly my problem. i don't blame lana or any young girl for having an obsessive crush on their teacher, but he obviously stepped over the line. actually the way lana talks about lolita is pretty disgusting. she thinks it's a love story for crying out loud. no doubt because of that teacher.

let me be who i'm meant to be

exactly my problem. i don't blame lana or any young girl for having an obsessive crush on their teacher, but he obviously stepped over the line. actually the way lana talks about lolita is pretty disgusting. she thinks it's a love story for crying out loud. no doubt because of that teacher.

But it is a love story!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I read it, yeah... just wanted to get it off my chest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude, I am very liberated and believe love has no age, it knows no limits... But something tells me this guy, who people speculate "dated" her was a predator.

You haven't read this thread through, now have you? :hooker:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

We think similarly.

:hae:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Ii read it, yeah... just wanted to get it off my chest.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude, I am very liberated and believe love has no age, it knows no limits... But something tells me this guy,  who people speculate "dated" her was a predator.

I understand it comes off like it, but it doesn't seem like it tbh, Lana is no fool and the way she talks about him doesn't seem to indicate he was an old perv  :usrs:

Although kind of weird, we can't accuse Him of doing anything because we don't know what happened between them. And I wouldn't take Lana as an teenager with no intelligence. She could've exploited his feelings for her own personal gain, she could've also ruined his life by reporting him. I personally doubt that they had a physical relationship but that's the point of the thread lol.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I heard that Jimmy Gnecco is the inspiration for the song Ultraviolence...  UV is about her being in an abusive relationship.  I have heard that it is about Jimmy, and that makes since because she references "Jim" a few times during the song... But that would mean Jimmy was an abusive boyfriend (now ex, since she is dating Barrie).  She has played a few shows with Jimmy recently, so if Jimmy is the UV guy, why would Lana even want to be around him and I don't think Barrie would let her...  So what do you think?  Has she dated Jimmy?  Because she has a song called Jimmy Gnecco, that would make sense.  If anyone could clear this up for me, that'd be great.  Also, who is this Mr. Campbell teacher dude?

Who's excited for UV?  Lol, dumb question, I know we all are!!  What song are you excited to hear most?  I think Guns and Roses, because it just sounds appealing.   :D

Of course she was a very bright girl but also the romantic type, I imagine. Like I was.
Plus those teen hormones...  we get crazy!
I used to fall for my Lit teachers but they never crossed the line.
Older guys and very young  girls' relationships are dangerous and fucked up IMHO.

That said, I think Lolita the song is quite poetic, but I would rather think it is just fiction...

Although kind of weird, we can't accuse Him of doing anything because we don't know what happened between them. And I wouldn't take Lana as an teenager with no intelligence. She could've exploited his feelings for her own personal gain, she could've also ruined his life by reporting him. I personally doubt that they had a physical relationship but that's the point of the thread lol.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I heard that Jimmy Gnecco is the inspiration for the song Ultraviolence...  UV is about her being in an abusive relationship.  I have heard that it is about Jimmy, and that makes since because she references "Jim" a few times during the song... But that would mean Jimmy was an abusive boyfriend (now ex, since she is dating Barrie).  She has played a few shows with Jimmy recently, so if Jimmy is the UV guy, why would Lana even want to be around him and I don't think Barrie would let her...  So what do you think?  Has she dated Jimmy?  Because she has a song called Jimmy Gnecco, that would make sense.  If anyone could clear this up for me, that'd be great.  Also, who is this Mr. Campbell teacher dude?

Who's excited for UV?  Lol, dumb question, I know we all are!!  What song are you excited to hear most?  I think Guns and Roses, because it just sounds appealing.   :D

this is the thread you want

i read in another interview that she got the Del rey part from the ford Del rey  and i forget what she said the Lana part came from somebody she admired.. 

She denied that! source: http://goo.gl/cGbuJH I don't know if you understand German but Imma translate:

"Q: They say you've been inspired by glamorous actress Lana Turner for your first name?

LDR: No, That's not true. On the internet there's a whole bunch of nonsense about me. I don't even know any movies she's played in. It's also not true that the Ford Del Rey induced my new surname - even though it's a great car. Lana Del Rey, sounds like mysterious a little morbid glamour."

People just assume because she uses the Del Rey logo and Lana Turner's signature in some of her homemade videos.

I don't know what you mean.  Lol, I'm new to this.

Lolita IS a live story. Maybe not in the conventional way but it is love. It's not meant to show Humberto as a paedophile.

Sorry for Off-Topic, but I would consider a love story to be at least consensual. But it isn't.  Lolita does not love Humbert, she runs away from him, the moment she sees the chance to do it. Don't forget we only see Lolita through the eyes of Humbert - who is captured in his own desires and fantasies. He objectifies Lolita to please his fantasies, even though on the surface he cares for her.

People who claim Humbert isn't pedophile haven't read the book I think... Like wtf didn't you understand about the 'nymphets'? Or the story with Annabel? He wanted to murder her mother to be alone with her - a true ladykiller. 

The actual interesting thing is Lolita! And the fact the reader does not really know what's going on inside of her makes this thing a masterpiece! Like why the heck she has the desire to sleep with Humbert, why does she run from one old psycho man to another? Having sexual experiences even before Humbert..  :dafuq:

what if lana knows we have this thread and decided to fuck with us like always and while writing uv she said to herself these little bitches are obsessed with k and jim and my teacher lover and everything i do. i can probably blow inside a bottle and they'll buy it. so ill just name drop Jim and have him open up for me for a few shows and sit back and watch these bitches spiral out of control until they eventually lose it. Cause trust no one. 

She denied that! source: http://goo.gl/cGbuJH I don't know if you understand German but Imma translate:

"Q: They say you've been inspired by glamorous actress Lana Turner for your first name?

LDR: No, That's not true. On the internet there's a whole bunch of nonsense about me. I don't even know any movies she's played in. It's also not true that the Ford Del Rey induced my new surname - even though it's a great car. Lana Del Rey, sounds like mysterious a little morbid glamour."

People just assume because she uses the Del Rey logo and Lana Turner's signature in some of her homemade videos.

no need to be snappy...  i assume the interview i read had been tampered with... my apologies 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven