Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Are we under the assumption that Jimmy Gnecco and Lana had a relationship again? I thought it was ruled out as "she was an obsessive fan and he was disinterested in her." 

I think were all just hoping so.... The fact that she has him on tour with her , is using his name in Ultraviolence .. and he has written 2 songs (that we know about) for her could indicate one of 2 theories FOR ME.

1 she needs him as a muse and is still holding onto her relationship with him and needs him to keep her good(clean)?....

OR

2 she is retelling  the tales of her unreleased songs for us  and jimmy is an important stories she wants to fully tell. and he is just on tour with her to boost his fame.?.

Im pretty much ok with either of these things being true, but the fact that she Premiered  Ultraviolence live  the way she did makes me feel like it was for him like it was unexpected. he could have been  hearing it for the first time just like everyone else, Then when she is speaking the Spanish lines in the song she looks so embarrassed and shy  like school girl Lizzy :3

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

As the original tea-spiller about Mr. Campbell, I'd nonetheless like to note that this point can't be stressed enough:

Although kind of weird, we can't accuse Him of doing anything because we don't know what happened between them.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

" 'I had a seven-year relationship with the head of this label, and he was a huge inspiration zo me', she told the Fader. 'I'll tell you later when more people know. He never signed me, but he was like my muse, the love of my life' "

I don't care about K anymore..

I feel like the seven year relationship doesn't necessarily mean he was a full time lover for all seven years. But rather that he was around and they kept in contact for seven years.

I know, it's Lana, you can't trust her with this and once again wouldn't even fit in her timeline (thinking of MM and others). But I really just care about the love of my life thing.

I wonder if this guy is married. Lucky devil, ain't he?

" 'I had a seven-year relationship with the head of this label, and he was a huge inspiration zo me', she told the Fader. 'I'll tell you later when more people know. He never signed me, but he was like my muse, the love of my life' "

I don't care about K anymore..

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I think UV is definitely about Jimmy ! Call me crazy but here is my Lanalysis:

• "deadly nightshade", "loving you is really hard": it wasn't a simple, happy relationship with an ordinary guy. K & Jimmy are the only guys who would've called her like that imo
  • "filled with poison": Lana used to drink a lot of alcohol at this time, so it must be about one of her early realtionships (again K or Jimmy), and we also assumed that they met in rehab
  • "Jim taught me", "your my cult leader" : we've said before that Jimmy inspired her to be a better musician, she used to "stalk" him, so maybe he was like a teacher or idol to her
  • "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", "he hit me but it felt like true love": I don't think this is meant literally, maybe it's more like he wasn't that interested in her in the beginning but she didn't understand his behaviour and was just happy to see him
  • "Jim brought me back", "Jim raised me up": he was her cure in rehab
  • "reminded me when we were kids": the we could be about K & her, we've already figured out that Jimmy probably reminded her of K because both of them had a drug addiction and were "bad boys"
  • "I can hear sirens": again an allusion to K, maybe she left Jimmy because she knew that she couldn't take it to see another boyfriend going to prison as well --> so maybe it was "ultraviolent" for her to leave him ?
  • "I could've died right there": well yes, she had a "bad disease" at that time if you get what I mean
  • "he was right beside me": again rehab ?
  • "we could go back to New York": OMG, they were in rehab together and then they were planning to go back to NY for music perhaps
  • "where they don't know who we are": they are both famous now
  • "I love you forever": she let him come on tour with her 

:oprah2:  :oprah:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I know, it's Lana, you can't trust her with this and once again wouldn't even fit in her timeline (thinking of MM and others). But I really just care about the love of my life thing.

I think Lana loves so strongly that she probably refers to every boyfriend as the love of her life.

I think UV is definitely about Jimmy ! Call me crazy but here is my Lanalysis:

• "deadly nightshade", "loving you is really hard": it wasn't a simple, happy relationship with an ordinary guy. K & Jimmy are the only guys who would've called her like that imo
  • "filled with poison": Lana used to drink a lot of alcohol at this time, so it must be about one of her early realtionships (again K or Jimmy), and we also assumed that they met in rehab
  • "Jim taught me", "your my cult leader" : we've said before that Jimmy inspired her to be a better musician, she used to "stalk" him, so maybe he was like a teacher or idol to her
  • "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", "he hit me but it felt like true love": I don't think this is meant literally, maybe it's more like he wasn't that interested in her in the beginning but she didn't understand his behaviour and was just happy to see him
  • "Jim brought me back", "Jim raised me up": he was her cure in rehab
  • "reminded me when we were kids": the we could be about K & her, we've already figured out that Jimmy probably reminded her of K because both of them had a drug addiction and were "bad boys"
  • "I can hear sirens": again an allusion to K, maybe she left Jimmy because she knew that she couldn't take it to see another boyfriend going to prison as well --> so maybe it was "ultraviolent" for her to leave him ?
  • "I could've died right there": well yes, she had a "bad disease" at that time if you get what I mean
  • "he was right beside me": again rehab ?
  • "we could go back to New York": OMG, they were in rehab together and then they were planning to go back to NY for music perhaps
  • "where they don't know who we are": they are both famous now
  • "I love you forever": she let him come on tour with her 

:oprah2:  :oprah:

There was a theory that I saw in a thread earlier that says that the Jim she's referring to in this song is Jim Jones, the cult leader of The People's Temple. I think it makes more sense for her to reference that in the context of the song rather than an actual lover.

tumblr_lruadkIknp1qhomvco2_500.gif

There was a theory that I saw in a thread earlier that says that the Jim she's referring to in this song is Jim Jones, the cult leader of The People's Temple. I think it makes more sense for her to reference that in the context of the song rather than an actual lover.

:wat: :ohsnap:

but wouldn't this theory  then imply that she had a relationship with JJ? which is obvs impossible b/c he died in the 70s lmao.

i think she references another cult leader, tho. Not jim jones imo.

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

:wat: :ohsnap:

but wouldn't this theory  then imply that she had a relationship with JJ? which is obvs impossible b/c he died in the 70s lmao.

i think she references another cult leader, tho. Not jim jones imo.

The song wouldn't necessarily have to be about JJ though, I think it was more of a name drop/ for comparison than anything, like she does with Elvis and Marilyn and etc etc.

tumblr_lruadkIknp1qhomvco2_500.gif

I think "I could have died..." Is more to be interpreted like this Summertime Sadness bit "got my bad baby by my heavenly side, I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight", meaning, she's fully satisfied, as long as she's with her man.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

To me SOC and BB are pretty Barrie-esque.

Well based on what she said in The guardian interview

"We have a difficult road. He's a very dark character. He has months on end where it's a really dark stretch of writing and waiting, he has his total own world so …"

tell me that doesn't sound exactly like Black Beauty.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Does anyone know where Lana said that Barrie was a dark character?

I assumed Black Beauty was about him for that reason..

I'd like to know who FMWUTTT is about ...

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

I don't know about you but I'm ready to bring Lanalysis back to life  :creepna2:

I'm going to start with Guns And Roses because I think it's quite easy to interpret that one

• Heavy metal love of mine, he loved guns and roses: the local rockstar type again
  • You didn't want me all the time: that boyfriend played a little game with her
  • Cause you were so much better than the rest of them, out of all the others you were the honest man: naive, little poor baby - she still loves him imo
  • Motorcycle love divine: put me onto your black motorcycle  :whine: 
  • I wasn't the marrying kind, I should have done it anyway: he was the boy she was engaged with ! today she regrets that they didn't marry, so again --> she still loves him
  • We should have left Las Vegas and then began again: so they broke up in Vegas after they had traveled 2 hours to get there, something really serious must've happened
  • Detroit ???: did Lana ever mention Detroit ???, it takes much longer to drive to Vegas from Detroit btw
  • Back to the promised land: she wants to go back to the time when she still believed in their relationship
  • I can feel it coming in the air tonight: maybe she had already feared that they would break up before they actually did because a fight turned out to be quite bad 
  • I can see you bathing in the summer light: they are on a hot location (Las Vegas), it seems like she observes him and still admires him even though they don't talk anymore
  • You got game boy: I don't get it, I just don't get it  :hottie:
as a conclusion I would say that Guns And Roses is about Jimmy. he fits into the entire rock theme and we've already discussed before that Lana adored him as a lover but also a musician while he saw just another fangirl in her. there are also many Yayo references in it which make me neglect the fact that you can't find alcohol or drug related lines even though it's a Jimmy song. Like I mentioned many times before I can't get rid off the thought that Lana still loves Jimmy because he reminds her of dead K.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx