Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Why is everyone assuming K is dead, didn't she say he's still around and she keeps in touch with his mom? I think she did the whole 'I'm in love with a dying man' thing to make their love seem more dramatic and I guess being in prison for a long time is probaby worse than death imo, so that's why she wrote it that way. Wasn't he involved with some illegal underground business? Do they even give death penalties for stuff like these, idk how the American system works.

#KStanAlert

tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io3_250.gif tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io4_250.gif

Why is everyone assuming K is dead, didn't she say he's still around and she keeps in touch with his mom? I think she did the whole 'I'm in love with a dying man' thing to make their love seem more dramatic and I guess being in prison for a long time is probaby worse than death imo, so that's why she wrote it that way. Wasn't he involved with some illegal underground business? Do they even give death penalties for stuff like these, idk how the American system works.

#KStanAlert

but didn't she say he was on death row in for k? and there's a couple songs (dark paradise) that are obviously about death and it would make sense if that's who she was singing about.

but didn't she say he was on death row in for k? and there's a couple songs (dark paradise) that are obviously about death and it would make sense if that's who she was singing about.

Idk, knowing how Lana is, she probably thought it would be much more dramatic. I believe this is a metaphor - when you go in prison, your life is sort of over. Lana contradicts herself pretty much all the time so she's the least reliable source lol. What kind of crime you have to make to be on death row? I remember reading on songfacts that he was running an illegal electronic business.

Edit: Here it is:

Speaking to UK newspaper The Sun, Lana explained the background to this track: "It's a song about a man who thought I was one of the most exotic things he had ever seen and me indulging in his appreciation and love. On the outside he was handsome and wholesome, but under wraps he was running an illegal electronic business which ended up taking him and his friends under, hence the chorus — 'You look like a million dollar man, so why is my heart broke?'"

1) I believe that Black Beauty is definately about Barrie so i don't have to analyze any sentence because all of them describe Barrie :D

2) Shades of cool

-My baby lives in shades of blue and all the other times she refers to Blue : Blue is the colour of sadness and depression which clearly fits to Barrie
-But I can't fix him, can't make him better And I can't do nothing about this strange weather : She can't do anything to change him and make him better = take him out of his depression . Maybe weather could be about his strange mood or about Scotlands weather compared to LA?

-I can't break through your world: She said that Barrie has his own world so that makes him a very dark person and makes it difficult for them to get along.

Obviously the rest about the Chevy Malibu etc aren't about Barrie. They could reffer to someone else and she have mixed them to create the song or could be completely taken from her imagination.

3) West Coast

-But you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you? + Boy blue : This could also be about Barrie (not the song) 

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr

Old Money anyone?

Her moving on from her past relationships? Moving on from the NY dream she once fantasized about? I haven't fully grasped what this song is about...

I think K happens to be alot older than her and that Shades of Cool and West Coast are about him in some capacity. Mark Mahoney had blue hair in the SOC video (can be seen when he's closing the trunk). He's the "boy blue" mentioned in all of the tracks.

Why does Lana reference flames/fire in some UV tracks?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

The guy in Birds of a Feather has blue hair. It is the same boyfriend from her teens.

;)

I think K happens to be alot older than her and that Shades of Cool and West Coast are about him in some capacity. Mark Mahoney had blue hair in the SOC video (can be seen when he's closing the trunk). He's the "boy blue" mentioned in all of the tracks.

Why does Lana reference flames/fire in some UV tracks?

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I think the Jim in Ultraviolence is actually Jim Beam whiskey that she was also posing with in the Kinda Outta Luck video:

qntyiw.jpg

jim-beam-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whisk

In the bridge she changes the pronouns from third person to second person (from "he used to call me/he hit me..." in the verses to "loving you was really hard/I love you forever"), making a distinction between Jim and the cult leader.

I think the Jim in Ultraviolence is actually Jim Beam whiskey that she was also posing with in the Kinda Outta Luck video:

qntyiw.jpg

jim-beam-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whisk

In the bridge she changes the pronouns from third person to second person (from "he used to call me/he hit me..." in the verses to "loving you was really hard/I love you forever"), making a distinction between Jim and the cult leader.

Makes sense when you add the bourbon line from Cruel World.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I think Old Money is about the 7 year relationship she had. I don't think it was a full on 7 years, maybe that's why she says

"But if you send for me you know I'll come, And if you call for me you know I'll run. I'll run to you"

Because he's the love of her life, she'll leave everything behind if he needs her / wants her back. I think West Coast and Shades of Cool are also about him.. any chance that he's cuban? 

I cant help but think that maybe k & this guy are the same person. 

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

I'm sure this has been covered, but as I'm new here and it is past midnight, I don't wish to go hunting. Does anyone know if Lizzy was a stripper, go-go dancer, and/or sugar baby at some point?

well its pretty possible she was a GoGo dancer because Gaga was (theres leaked pictures of her) and they were likely friends at some point. I highly doubt she was a stripper considering she didnt try to pole dance properly in Tropico.

I think Old Money is about the 7 year relationship she had. I don't think it was a full on 7 years, maybe that's why she says

"But if you send for me you know I'll come, And if you call for me you know I'll run. I'll run to you"

Because he's the love of her life, she'll leave everything behind if he needs her / wants her back. I think West Coast and Shades of Cool are also about him.. any chance that he's cuban? 

I cant help but think that maybe k & this guy are the same person. 

i always thought shades of cool was about barrie. for me the song is about someone struggling with depression and lana has said a lot of time how barrie lives in his own dark world ("i can't break into your world") and how she can't really help with him ("but i can't fix him, can't make him better, and i can't do nothing about this strange weather").

for some reason i think that west coast is not just about one guy, i don't know why, it's just this feeling i have. idk if if she sings about k, but i think we have speculated how he's from san diego? (~~down on the west coast)

also in lana's time seven years are probably like three or four in real life lmao. i just can't trust her when it comes to years.

fun fact: i had the longest nap and dreamed how k had written a tell-all book and exposed lana and their relationship lmao.

I tthought West Coast was about the record executive or whatever .. because you know he was the love of her life.

Shades of Cool could be about Barrie.... i'm sad they arent together anymore

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

Anyone think Guns and Roses is about Jimmy Gnecco? With the whole marrying part and the heavy metal and of course Guns n Roses. Not sure about the motorcycle part though. Just my thoughts...

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

Anyone think Guns and Roses is about Jimmy Gnecco? With the whole marrying part and the heavy metal and of course Guns n Roses. Not sure about the motorcycle part though. Just my thoughts...

Yep, Yayo's about him isn't it and that had the motorcycle line too. Think its definitely about Jimmy.

I have gold in my veins

well its pretty possible she was a GoGo dancer because Gaga was (theres leaked pictures of her) and they were likely friends at some point. I highly doubt she was a stripper considering she didnt try to pole dance properly in Tropico.

:teehee:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.