Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Remember?

MM is Michael Mizrahi. She lived with him for 2 years in the Village. She got her record deal and left him in a bad way. She tried to come back to him and even tried to get between him and his new GF who he married. He told me "never date a musician!" He gave her those film credits to help her before she was Lana. I googled mike and found this page. I'll let him know, I'm sure he won't care.

You got game boy, game boy, you got game boy, game boy..  :flop:

About the interview MM did with Lana back in Jan of 09... I think they knew each other. 

My theory is that maybe he was seeing her on the DL.. because he was with with someone else. Could explain all the "woman on the side" references we get. It makes sense if he got married not long after they split. 

I also have this crazy theory that he was seeing her after he got married. Her tweets on her MissDaytona account seem to be directed (or indirected) to someone on there. I could just be over thinking it.

Also, about "Afraid" being about MM... doubtful. I think that song is about the 7 year relationship. I don't think Michael Mizrahi because of the teenagers line.. wasn't he like 10 years older than her? 

I know she said she keeps in touch with one of his exe's mom but where'd you get this from?

Facebook. I have proofs.

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

"Ultraviolence" is the title track of Lana Del Rey's second full-length LP.

Lana Del Rey said in a Kulturnews interview that the song was about her time in New York when she joined an underground group. It was run by an extremely charismatic guru.

From her Grazia interview:

"I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru. He surrounded himself with young girls. He thought that he had to break people first to build them up again. At the end I quit the sect."

Then, people was saying that either Jimmy Gnecco was the leader of a sect, was participating or it's a different Jim. 

Well, I went a little deeper...

It is speculated that she is talking about Atlantic Group, a part of Alcoholics Anonymous, which she joined in the past. They were notorious for their cult behaviour and treatment of older men and young women. The Pacific Group (which AG is a branch of) is partly run by a man named Jim.

In Google you can find a list of The Cult within AA, where they show "The Wall of Shame" and the names.

There you go:

Pacific Group Members:

Clancy Imislund

Michael Quinones

Jim Boch

Searching a little more you can find an article with an audio of Jim Boch en 2010 where he speaks at Atlantic Group about being sober and the cult.

If you google the name "Jim Boch" you will find a few of small pictures of the guy, and, he looks so much like that man:

tumblr_mbuocujuxa1r8s433o1_500.gif

I think Shades of Cool might be about Jimmy Gnecco and Lana is singing it from his dead gf's point of view . What do yall think?? I initially thot it was abt Barrie  but upon seeing the video and how Lana is potraying a ghost haunting her lover made me think it myt possibly be abt Jimmy and how he is still haunted by his former gf...And also DARK PARADISE can be thot of as Jimmy's point of view abt hw he can't move on frm his old gf and how he wishes he was dead like her. n  SHE's NOT ME (ride or die) again can be thot of as Jimmy's old gf's point of view ......these lines allude to my theory : I'm the ghost in ur machine , i'm ur real life SUICIDE BLONDE.

"Ultraviolence" is the title track of Lana Del Rey's second full-length LP.

Lana Del Rey said in a Kulturnews interview that the song was about her time in New York when she joined an underground group. It was run by an extremely charismatic guru.

From her Grazia interview:

"I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru. He surrounded himself with young girls. He thought that he had to break people first to build them up again. At the end I quit the sect."

Then, people was saying that either Jimmy Gnecco was the leader of a sect, was participating or it's a different Jim. 

Well, I went a little deeper...

It is speculated that she is talking about Atlantic Group, a part of Alcoholics Anonymous, which she joined in the past. They were notorious for their cult behaviour and treatment of older men and young women. The Pacific Group (which AG is a branch of) is partly run by a man named Jim.

In Google you can find a list of The Cult within AA, where they show "The Wall of Shame" and the names.
There you go:

Pacific Group Members:

Clancy Imislund
Michael Quinones
Jim Boch

Searching a little more you can find an article with an audio of Jim Boch en 2010 where he speaks at Atlantic Group about being sober and the cult.
If you google the name "Jim Boch" you will find a few of small pictures of the guy, and, he looks so much like that man:

Thank you so much for finding this. Holy shit, this all makes so much sense with the AA.

So if it's really Pacific and not Atlantic, then what about Guns and Roses? 

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, see you working on that blue Pacific"

Would that mean Ultraviolence and Guns and Roses are about the cult leader? But on the other hand, New York is on the side of the Atlantic so it doesn't make sense. I'm so confused.  :crying5:

Lana, help us. We know you're sitting at your laptop, sipping your Pepsi Cola and laughing at us like  :godlaugh: .

Someone on Tumblr told me that she might be referencing to Jim Jones.

Here is what Wikipedia states about him:

James Warren "Jim" Jones (May 13, 1931 – November 18, 1978) was an American religious leader and community organizer. Jones was the founder and the leader of the Peoples Temple, best known for the mass suicide in November 1978 of 909 of its members in JonestownGuyana, and the murder of five individuals at a nearby airstrip, including Congressman Leo Ryan. Over 300 children were murdered at Jonestown, almost all of them by cyanide poisoning.[2] Jones died from a gunshot wound to the head; to this day it is unknown whether his death was a suicide. Jones was born in Indiana and started the Temple there in the 1950s. He later moved the Temple to California in the mid-1960s, and gained notoriety with the move of theTemple's headquarters to San Francisco in the early 1970s.

Don't really think that's the Jim we're searching though. I don't know, it just seems too easy that Jim is someone you can read on Wikipedia about. Still loving the Atlantic Group theory.

Someone on Tumblr told me that she might be referencing to Jim Jones.

Here is what Wikipedia states about him:

James Warren "Jim" Jones (May 13, 1931 – November 18, 1978) was an American religious leader and community organizer. Jones was the founder and the leader of the Peoples Temple, best known for the mass suicide in November 1978 of 909 of its members in JonestownGuyana, and the murder of five individuals at a nearby airstrip, including Congressman Leo Ryan. Over 300 children were murdered at Jonestown, almost all of them by cyanide poisoning.[2] Jones died from a gunshot wound to the head; to this day it is unknown whether his death was a suicide. Jones was born in Indiana and started the Temple there in the 1950s. He later moved the Temple to California in the mid-1960s, and gained notoriety with the move of theTemple's headquarters to San Francisco in the early 1970s.

Don't really think that's the Jim we're searching though. I don't know, it just seems too easy that Jim is someone you can read on Wikipedia about. Still loving the Atlantic Group theory.

Nah, our Jim is someone who has Lana met personally and this one died years before Lana was born  :D

tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io3_250.gif tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io4_250.gif

I think she might be combining people named jim/jimmy. The parts about it being a ~rough relationship~ = Jimmy Gnecco, the cult leader line = The AA guy, and the fact that Jim Jones is a famous cult leader = Icing on the cake. Everything she writes is personal, but that doesn't mean that she speaks straightforwardly about one situation for an entire song every time. All writers combine experiences and situations to create songs or stories.

tZ7WN4B.gif

I think she might be combining people named jim/jimmy. The parts about it being a ~rough relationship~ = Jimmy Gnecco, the cult leader line = The AA guy, and the fact that Jim Jones is a famous cult leader = Icing on the cake. Everything she writes is personal, but that doesn't mean that she speaks straightforwardly about one situation for an entire song every time. All writers combine experiences and situations to create songs or stories.

In this case I see UV as being a song about the AA guy and Jimmy Gnecco. Jimmy is the rocker whereas Jim is the one she is being brainwashed by.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

“After enjoying Lana’s music for years,” Gnecco writes, “I had the pleasure to meet her after my recent solo show at The Viper Room. I have great respect for her creative talent and ability to make incredible nights of music possible for us throughout this month.” As Bullet Magazine stated, “When I first heard Jimmy Gnecco was opening for Lana Del Rey on her current tour, I thought it was an odd match. It actually makes perfect sense. The veteran Ours frontman is essentially the prototype LDR video bro come to life, the hair, the ink, the tragic melodrama of his songs.”

What kind of lies are you telling Jimmy?  :creepna2:

He seems like the "prototype" LDR man because he IS the prototype :thumb:

tZ7WN4B.gif

I like the combination of Jims theory for Ultraviolence. It wasn't ringing true for me that it would simply be about Jimmy Gnecco.

The casting of another MM for Shades of Cool has really got me thinking it's a Mike Mizrahi song.

I'm getting Arthur Lynn vibes for Brooklyn Baby, and Guns and Roses too. (But maybe they're about Reeve Carney? Did he and Lana ever play a gig together? Do we know anything about their relationship aside from a few photos and a Gramma video?)

I don't think the main UV tracks are about Barrie, just Black Beauty and Is This Happiness.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

So is he basically saying they didn't know each other? I am confused.

What kind of lies are you telling Jimmy? :creepna2:

He seems like the "prototype" LDR man because he IS the prototype :thumb:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Why does For K Part 2 (rather, Rehab) sound like it's written about Jimmy?

Didn't they meet in Rehab? She mentions she likes his music, his long hair (gives me the local rockstar vibe), etc. Sometimes I think jimmy's the dude she was talking about when she said all of her songs are about the same guy. 

(I've only read like half of this thread. Hope it's not obvious)

Jim Boch

I just looked at the credits for "Ride", and his name wasn't there. :( It is possible though she could have used someone who looked like him though?

I have been reading about Jimmy Gnecco on here, which I knew little of besides his band Ours (from 3 or 4 songs previous to my LDR appreciation). I came to consider that she mostly sings about him.

That song Jimmy Gnecco is obvious. I guess She's Not Me too. There are some other little things I can't remember right... But one line in Is It Wrong, a song which seems to be inspired by Gnecco, makes me think he is the guy. The verse is "It's all for you", which she repeats in some of her songs. Sorry if this has been brought up already. Long thread.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

About the interview MM did with Lana back in Jan of 09... I think they knew each other. 

My theory is that maybe he was seeing her on the DL.. because he was with with someone else. Could explain all the "woman on the side" references we get. It makes sense if he got married not long after they split. 

I also have this crazy theory that he was seeing her after he got married. Her tweets on her MissDaytona account seem to be directed (or indirected) to someone on there. I could just be over thinking it.

Also, about "Afraid" being about MM... doubtful. I think that song is about the 7 year relationship. I don't think Michael Mizrahi because of the teenagers line.. wasn't he like 10 years older than her? 

Facebook. I have proofs.

I love your post. I honestly don't get why people aren't talking more about the relationships we KNOW she had - with MM and Reeve Carney. (And yeah that record executive, but that's a bit of a mystery too.) I could see MM being the subject of many of her songs. Can I see your facebook proof? :flutter: If she actually does keep in  touch with MM's mum, Video Games would be about him :creepna2:  

In feb. '12 it was reported that she was staying with her ex boyfriend in Williamsburg. Wonder who that could be.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart: