Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

"Local rockstar"-type references really could be about Jimmy, Arthur, or Reeve.

what a groupie she was...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

"Local rockstar"-type references really could be about Jimmy, Arthur, or Reeve.

And unfortunately none of them coincide with the rare usage of "Jim". And none of them cut their hair because their hair was exactly what she liked the best :defeated:

Although I gotta say, Reeve is at least a little more...clean, if that means anything.

I think what she (tries to say) is maybe that she doesn't drink heavily/ isn't addicted to it anymore? I don't believe she doesn't touch alcohol anymore, let alone never since 10 years ago. I don't believe everything she says in her songs but she certainly doesn't sound very straight-edge!

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

yeah, doesn't really add up. usually, alcoholics don't drink anything at all because they're cared they could get addicted again.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Bildschirmfoto2012-10-28um000816-1.jpg

haven't had a drink in seven years my ass

Lana seems to have deleted/hidden all the postings/timeline on this FB account (now named something else). It is possible that this post was not something she wanted to be out there (not to mention her actual birthday being listed as 1985). There were also comments she made about Gaga and Katy Perry's music that I guess she regrets making.

Bildschirmfoto2012-10-28um000816-1.jpg
haven't had a drink in seven years my ass

I saw that agesss ago but thought it was a joke, because she said she hadn't touched a drop of alcohol in seven years, hadn't drunk in ten years, got sober at 14+. Either this is an inside joke with her friend or she was never an alcoholic and she lied, because if your a recovered alcoholic the point is to never drink again because it controls you....? 

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

Chance, the HTML in the OP is absolutely horrendous.

Jake, don't remind me. I added all the Paradise songs yesterday and upon clicking "save changes" it spat out that mess. It's an absolutely monumental task to fix but it'll be up and running soon.

Okay, guys! The OP is all patched up, and even far improved. Updates include:

- The songs off Paradise

- A section on Arthur Lynn

- Sources and pictures

- Chris C.'s section getting a re-vamp (no longer saying their relationship was romantic, but still worth talking about)

- The premiere of the LOCAL ROCKSTAR section, where we give credit to more than just Jimmy, much to my chagrin.

- Various sections arranged in order of occurrence and corresponding super-sections

Not a whole lot is changed, but it's worth a peek due to the format change (and I hope people still read my updates, the brief Arthur Lynn section is pretty good). I got a little spoiler-happy, but it's easier to navigate now, once you're used to it.

As for the public, I would love if you guys could help me analyze "Cola" and "Hit & Run" before I definitively add them. Particularly the other woman elements in "Cola" and the music industry references in "Hit & Run"--Van Wilson, perhaps? I personally believe they stand separate from the "record executive" line in Axl Rose Husband, before you ask.

Also I'm looking for these interviews if anyone is an expert in that area:

- The interview where she refers to "Yayo" as the prequel to "Video Games"

- The interview where she describes "Video Games" as dealing with mutual sobriety in a relationship--her and her partner both staying clean.

I totally agree with the theory that cola is about mike, it ties in.. but the only thing that leads me to disbelieve this is that if radio was about mike and cola is about mike.. where does that leave barrie? barrie was the one who allegedly said her pussy tastes like pepsi cola, so working out the timelines... mike came back they had a fling.. and barrie came along.. idk, plausible at first but dosent seem to work out in the long run

dlnh8i.gif

Okay, guys! The OP is all patched up, and even far improved.

I'm having trouble opening up several of the spoilers in the OP. (But I sometimes have trouble elsewhere on the forum, so I'm not sure whether it's a glitch in the coding, or something on my end.)

As for the public, I would love if you guys could help me analyze "Cola" ... Particularly the other woman elements...

I like the theory floating around that Lana and Barrie are secretly married. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for romance.) That would make the most sense, assuming Cola is about one guy (unless he's secretly married to someone else?) Of course, she's said before that she references different relationships in the same song at times, so who knows.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Okay, guys! The OP is all patched up, and even far improved. Updates include:

- The songs off Paradise

- A section on Arthur Lynn

- Sources and pictures

- Chris C.'s section getting a re-vamp (no longer saying their relationship was romantic, but still worth talking about)

- The premiere of the LOCAL ROCKSTAR section, where we give credit to more than just Jimmy, much to my chagrin.

- Various sections arranged in order of occurrence and corresponding super-sections

Not a whole lot is changed, but it's worth a peek due to the format change (and I hope people still read my updates, the brief Arthur Lynn section is pretty good). I got a little spoiler-happy, but it's easier to navigate now, once you're used to it.

As for the public, I would love if you guys could help me analyze "Cola" and "Hit & Run" before I definitively add them. Particularly the other woman elements in "Cola" and the music industry references in "Hit & Run"--Van Wilson, perhaps? I personally believe they stand separate from the "record executive" line in Axl Rose Husband, before you ask.

Also I'm looking for these interviews if anyone is an expert in that area:

- The interview where she refers to "Yayo" as the prequel to "Video Games"

- The interview where she describes "Video Games" as dealing with mutual sobriety in a relationship--her and her partner both staying clean.

I hope you know that I fucking love you.