Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Guys, I'm new around here and I was just reading everything until now (lol, hi)

But I've been thinking about this connection that could be interesting.

Listening to "Every Man Gets His Wish" I noticed this part I didn't pay attention before: "you said I'd never make it out of here alive"

what leads me to "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "TEACHERS said we'd never make it out alive"

Anyone noticed that already?

Wow, yeah! That could change some things.

Although...was she waitressing at Ruby Tuesday's when she went to boarding school? Hmm...

The most important lyric in a lana song

"... And make up stories bout my life and put on berry cherry balm" :hottie:

You're killing me, Trash, it's all true :crying:

Kenneth's skin seems ~so golden brown~

I'll say now that none of that highinthemind shit is entering the sanctity of this OP.

^Brb..foaming at the mouth.

I have people on another forum I belong to thinking that Bel Air is about Axl Rose. *headdesk* I'm assuming it's about K, am I correct here peeps?

Also, Me and You? Jimmy?

Lanalysists and Lana sleuths may find interesting the teaser in this post for my covers-themed Reydio show set to air this Saturday.

*Lanalyst

I think I have "Lanalyzer" in the OP, actually, which is the most wrong.

^Brb..foaming at the mouth.

I have people on another forum I belong to thinking that Bel Air is about Axl Rose. *headdesk* I'm assuming it's about K, am I correct here peeps?

Also, Me and You? Jimmy?

You & Me is going under "songs that implicate more than one guy" when I get around to it, because of Jimmy's tattoos and yayo, but K's drug-dealing.

It might make sense that Bel Air is about K, due to the heaven stuff, but hear this: I think it's about Barrie. "I don't wanna be bad, I won't cheat you no more"--I think in their early relationship, she was cheating on him with Bradley Soileau (and maybe the "Radio" guy). That's really the only thing supporting this claim, but I recall reading that they split up before summer of this year and I think that inspired a lot of the songs on Paradise and her more open attitude about her relationship recently. "My clothes still smell like you", Ride--breaking up, realizing the error of her ways and wanting a more settled life, and I think Bel Air is them coming back together. Or her wanting to. Does that make any sense?

Although damn is the first verse problematic. Either way, I don't think she had a relationship with Axl Rose. Perhaps she intentionally used all those references, but I don't think it goes beyond that.

*Lanalyst

I think I have "Lanalyzer" in the OP, actually, which is the most wrong.

You & Me is going under "songs that implicate more than one guy" when I get around to it, because of Jimmy's tattoos and yayo, but K's drug-dealing.

It might make sense that Bel Air is about K, due to the heaven stuff, but hear this: I think it's about Barrie. "I don't wanna be bad, I won't cheat you no more"--I think in their early relationship, she was cheating on him with Bradley Soileau (and maybe the "Radio" guy). That's really the only thing supporting this claim, but I recall reading that they split up before summer of this year and I think that inspired a lot of the songs on Paradise and her more open attitude about her relationship recently. "My clothes still smell like you", Ride--breaking up, realizing the error of her ways and wanting a more settled life, and I think Bel Air is them coming back together. Or her wanting to. Does that make any sense?

Although damn is the first verse problematic. Either way, I don't think she had a relationship with Axl Rose. Perhaps she intentionally used all those references, but I don't think it goes beyond that.

Oh my :flutter:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Either way, I don't think she had a relationship with Axl Rose. Perhaps she intentionally used all those references, but I don't think it goes beyond that.

Yeah, I think they had a fling or something, if anything at all, or perhaps she was inspired to write a song referencing him when she finally met him after being a fan for so long. I also completely forgot to mention Axl had issues with domestic abuse and used to hit his wife - violentest kind of love.

I'm not sure about Bel air, firstly, it implicates him being rich. Barrie dosen't seem very rich to me (gargoyles standing at your front gate) and the part about running like mad to heavens doors, seems to make me think it's about K (she wants to see him, to die like in dark paradise and be with him, she cant wait any longer) and i seem to think the "i wont be bad i wont cheat you no more" is in reference to the relationships she has had after K and as K was "her one true love" she feels as if the relationships she has had after K was almost like cheating on him, as she made it clear she didnt want to move on in dark paradise and that true love lasts forever blah blah blah

Also I believe that You&Me is about the same person that You can be the boss Daddy is about.. "got a light in your eyes i can see it" "a fire in your eyes no i saw it" I believe that many of her songs reference K despite who their supposed to be about, K definatley has ties to the beach, and Lana's time with K was heavily influenced by drugs.. Methamphetamines referencing the beach and cony island, as well as taking into account the title and the trippy "drugged up" feeling to the song

I think K has all the ties with the beach, while I believe her time with Jimmy was more so by the poolside "vulgar darling glistening by the swimming pool"

Also I think It is very possible for K to have had tatoos, being a drug dealer with possible mafia ties should mean he has atleast had jail time before, and jail time usually indicates a time when people get tattoos, as it's not uncommon for mafia/drug dealers to bd covered, Lana obviously has a thing for tattoos, so i find it unlikely she would date solely one guy with them,

Also doubt Jimmy could afford Lana Diamonds, while she was dating Jimmy she supposedly was go-go dancing and in and out of rehab, during that time, it's also speculated she met Jimmy in rehab, there wouldn't be much spare cash lying around, while K on the other hand comes across as a rich old drug dealer who will do anything for his baby doll..

I think You and me talks about her and K and there good memories together, how he made her feel and there love for one another, but the demise of the relationship, and this is either because of 1) K's age and deterioration 2) their drugs problems, the "try hard to remember.." means that there forgetting again maybe because K can't remember, doesn't care or everything is to hazy a drug filled which seems most likely

It sounds like a song she would be singing to him on his deathbed, how much she loved there relationship, how he should try hard to remember it and how inspired and in love he made her feel, but how draining and sick that the drugs made her and him and the toll that it took, that he should give heaven a try and rest because now that she's is leaving him coz "shes in love with a dying man" it's just him and the sun.

i think this song makes it clear that she still loves him and wants him to be happy but cannot deal? anymore.. idk

dlnh8i.gif

MM is Michael Mizrahi. She lived with him for 2 years in the Village. She got her record deal and left him in a bad way. She tried to come back to him and even tried to get between him and his new GF who he married. He told me "never date a musician!" He gave her those film credits to help her before she was Lana. I googled mike and found this page. I'll let him know, I'm sure he won't care.

MM is Michael Mizrahi. She lived with him for 2 years in the Village. She got her record deal and left him in a bad way. She tried to come back to him and even tried to get between him and his new GF who he married. He told me "never date a musician!" He gave her those film credits to help her before she was Lana. I googled mike and found this page. I'll let him know, I'm sure he won't care.

You know Mike? Really...?

If you're for real, please... what kind of stuff did he say about Lana? Any interesting info about their relationship?

btw. 'even tried to get between him and his new GF" mh... remembering that line in cola. 'I know your wife, she wouldn't mind' wonder if it's connected?

FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW. TAKE ME TO THE FINISH LINE.

OMFG please don't do that, should I go write nice things about him or...

Wait, you're Mike aren't you? :creep:

Playing video games...

Wanna play you like a Gameboy

It's a game, boy, I don't wanna play

HELLO.

For some reason, I have this feeling K really was Lana's one true love and she's just waiting to die to see him in heaven ("scared you won't be waiting on the other side" etc.)

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

For some reason, I have this feeling K really was Lana's one true love and she's just waiting to die to see him in heaven ("scared you won't be waiting on the other side" etc.)

She's said stuff like that in interviews, wonder what Barrie thinks...must be intimidating.

So what about You Can Be The Boss

Is it just a non-specific guy

I think the only clue is in "You say you treat them mean to keep them keen, you're not that nice." Which sort of relates to the abusive lyrics in Diet MTN Dew and Hundred Dollar Bill. Incidentally, both about different people. I kind of interpret that song as her being tempted into drinking, or she knows the subject of the song is bad for her because he drinks ("The liquor on your lips makes you dangerous"). In fact, that could relate to DMD's "You're no good for me."

So, between Arthur and Jimmy. I'd bet this also ties to her rehab storyline. Things get real muddy when it comes to those two unless you throw in real clues like Greenwich, "Jim/Jimmy", Chevrolets versus Pontiacs, etc.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the topic but Reeve Carney is starring in Taylor Swift's new music video which was directed by Anthony Mandler.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.