Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Has anyone mentioned that one Gramma video Lana did. All the footage was her own. A lot of it was taken in a trailer park, and inside what looks like her trailer, but the parts where she's in front of the brick wall I don't think those where in the taken in the trailer. I think in the apartment Lana and Chuck shared there was a brick wall. In one of the other Gramma videos she was in front of a brick wall (I think it's the one with a bunch of Axl Rose footage), also she was in front of a brick wall in the Yayo music video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMCGlV8pCE

Has anyone mentioned that one Gramma video Lana did. All the footage was her own. A lot of it was taken in a trailer park, and inside what looks like her trailer, but the parts where she's in front of the brick wall I don't think those where in the taken in the trailer. I think in the apartment Lana and Chuck shared there was a brick wall. In one of the other Gramma videos she was in front of a brick wall (I think it's the one with a bunch of Axl Rose footage), also she was in front of a brick wall in the Yayo music video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMCGlV8pCE

This wall?

80iYaCkPrP8.jpg

Well yeah we know she spent time in a trailer park. The question is if she truly lived there, and if she lived there was it legal

@salvatore

Funny you mention that.. A few days after I registered Lana her team fucking took down her file :rip:. Thankfully I saved it. Maybe they didn't want us to find out about this trailer park conspiracy SMH!

This wall?

80iYaCkPrP8.jpg

Well yeah we know she spent time in a trailer park. The question is if she truly lived there, and if she lived there was it legal

The footage that I think that's inside of the trailer is the footage were you can see cleaning products, vases, that fish tank she's talked about, and a clock on the wall. I think if she had all that she was legally living in the trailer you know. I also think that the Put Me In A Movie MV was filmed in the trailer too. The part where she's jumping rope in her living room(?). I'm really just going off of what I know and think trailers look on the inside. I totally believe Lana lived in the trailer, maybe not as long as she said she did, but still lived there nonetheless. 

I think that's what Yayo is about; living in the trailer park away from the man she loves, and wishing she was with him. Getting eloped in Las Vegas, with a little bit of lizzy grant imagery about cocaine and motorcycles. 

Okay, this might just be my paranoid little ass finding things that aren't even there, but going through the interview again, I picked up on some things that just felt a little weird to me. 

*Early in the interview, Lana mentions that one of the neighbor's/resident's name is Dixie (this is the trailer with the crime tape around it). She seems to like Dixie or had some type of bond or something. A little later on, there's a cat that comes out. Lana says that the cat might belong to Dixie and might be named Meredith, but isn't exactly sure who the cat is. Not a huge thing, just seems weird if you lived somewhere for close to a year but weren't able to identify your friend's cat (unless there are a lot of cats there that look the same or something)?

*Throughout the interview, Lana talks a lot about how much of a community the place was and kind of insinuates that everyone was a family, but when pressed (multiple times) by the interviewer about any of the residents, the only 2 people Lana mentions is Dixie and Lana's next door neighbor.  When asked what the neighbor's name was, she says that they (lana and this neighbor) gave each other a new name every time they saw each other (what? lol) but eventually says the neighbor's name is/was Manuel. She also does say she was in a gardening competition with "the guy who owns the red car" (there is a red car in the distance) but doesn't give a name or really any further details about either this man or any other resident. 

*During the interview, they pass 3 people (assuming residents, since they are all getting in their cars, but could also be friends/partners of residents, etc.). All of them seem to give Lana a weird look, like "who the fuck is this girl?" Again, they may not even be residents, and even if they were and Lana lived there, they could be new as it was supposedly 3 months roughly since Lana last lived there, but I was kind of expecting at least one person to give some sort of "hey Lizzy/Lana" or something. The last people they encounter (who seem to be parked fairly close, if not right next, to where Lana's former neighbor lived) seem to make Lana particularly uncomfortable and she kind of mumbles an apologetic "sorry" --again, maybe she just feels weird with the camera crew, but it definitely doesn't seem to be anyone she is familiar with. 

*When the interviewer asks (several times) why Lana wanted to move to a trailer park, Lana isn't really able to give any definitive answer. I think the closest thing she says (if I'm hearing correctly) is that she always knew she was going to try to end up here or something like that. And she talks at least once if not a few times about it being a space of her own, so Chuck is definitely not in the picture at this point (even though I think she describes the trailer as having 2 bedrooms?). 

*Speaking of Chuck though and where Lana/Chuck were living, Lana says that before the trailer park she was living with Steven Mertens. (So again, if she was living with Steven, where was Chuck living? With Steven too?) It sounds like Steven encouraged her to live in the trailer park (didn't they break up around this time, which would make sense why she would move?). 

*Lana says that the album was recorded in 3 months (so October 2007 to January 2008 roughly, by her timeline) from 3 to 3 each day (I'm assuming 3 PM to 3 AM). And the rest of her time she was in her room drinking pink lemonade (lol I love Lana) and listening to The Beach Boys, etc. But in an interview she gave with Courtney Love this year (or technically last year, 2017), Lana says she was still in school at this time? Also, probably minor detail, but if the sessions ended at 3 AM, and the transit that she says she took back to Jersey (the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail) doesn't seem to operate until at least 5 AM, what would she do between 3 and 5 AM in new york?

*Lana says she wants to return to this park, but the reason she left was because it got too expensive because she didn't have any other job besides singing, so she moved to Manhattan (which at first is like what the fuck, how would Manhattan be any less expensive than a trailer park in New Jersey), but Lana seems to insinuate she moved out to sleep on people's couches ("and now I just live with everyone" is I think what she says, but the audio is hard to hear). So again, where was Chuck during all this? 

*The name of the lady who rented out the trailer is Meredith (Meredith is also apparently the name of the cat Lana finds during the interview). Lana makes it seem like she was instantly sold on this park as soon as she found Meredith's listing (assuming online), but a little before that, Lana says she wanted to live in a trailer park that was closer to NYC (she wanted Liberty Harbor RV Park but wasn't able to find it on the map) and her current trailer park was the second-closest to nyc. 

*And going back to the Courtney interview (and this is really stretching it, but I'll just include it anyway), Lana talked about how she felt the interview was embarrassing looking back on it. When I initially read that, I kind of thought that she meant because it wasn't the most professional (in terms of like a camera crew just randomly following her around, there didn't seem to be any really pre-planned questions, etc.) and how since she had clearly evolved stylistically/artistically since then, maybe she didn't want to revisit old times or whatever. And that could still be it. But I also wonder, under the context of my suspicious mind, if maybe the whole trailer park image so to speak was more fabricated than she wanted to admit, like maybe she probably did feel a certain connection to Americana-influences, but maybe wasn't actually living in an actual trailer park and so the whole "here's my former home" interview might be kind of cringey to her in hindsight. I mean, she's incredibly engaging and charming throughout the whole interview (the video one), but there definitely feels like she's not being totally sincere with all of her answers (and I kind of feel like the interviewer picks up on that a bit, but that could just be me). 

Again, none of these really weak examples/points prove anything either way, I just find it interesting. I feel like Lana is one of the only artists where the more I look into her life, the less I feel I know about her. And to her credit, she was able to give a fair amount of detail about her living arrangements/furniture, the exact amount of rent ($525 per month), the padlocks not working, etc., so if she did make all that up on the spot, it would be pretty impressive. 

At the same time, it also doesn't help that she's admitted to fucking with journalists in the past just for the sake of it, so at the end of the day, who the hell really knows. There is an endless mystery to her. 

Okay, this might just be my paranoid little ass finding things that aren't even there, but going through the interview again, I picked up on some things that just felt a little weird to me. 

*Early in the interview, Lana mentions that one of the neighbor's/resident's name is Dixie (this is the trailer with the crime tape around it). She seems to like Dixie or had some type of bond or something. A little later on, there's a cat that comes out. Lana says that the cat might belong to Dixie and might be named Meredith, but isn't exactly sure who the cat is. Not a huge thing, just seems weird if you lived somewhere for close to a year but weren't able to identify your friend's cat (unless there are a lot of cats there that look the same or something)?

*Throughout the interview, Lana talks a lot about how much of a community the place was and kind of insinuates that everyone was a family, but when pressed (multiple times) by the interviewer about any of the residents, the only 2 people Lana mentions is Dixie and Lana's next door neighbor.  When asked what the neighbor's name was, she says that they (lana and this neighbor) gave each other a new name every time they saw each other (what? lol) but eventually says the neighbor's name is/was Manuel. She also does say she was in a gardening competition with "the guy who owns the red car" (there is a red car in the distance) but doesn't give a name or really any further details about either this man or any other resident. 

*During the interview, they pass 3 people (assuming residents, since they are all getting in their cars, but could also be friends/partners of residents, etc.). All of them seem to give Lana a weird look, like "who the fuck is this girl?" Again, they may not even be residents, and even if they were and Lana lived there, they could be new as it was supposedly 3 months roughly since Lana last lived there, but I was kind of expecting at least one person to give some sort of "hey Lizzy/Lana" or something. The last people they encounter (who seem to be parked fairly close, if not right next, to where Lana's former neighbor lived) seem to make Lana particularly uncomfortable and she kind of mumbles an apologetic "sorry" --again, maybe she just feels weird with the camera crew, but it definitely doesn't seem to be anyone she is familiar with. 

*When the interviewer asks (several times) why Lana wanted to move to a trailer park, Lana isn't really able to give any definitive answer. I think the closest thing she says (if I'm hearing correctly) is that she always knew she was going to try to end up here or something like that. And she talks at least once if not a few times about it being a space of her own, so Chuck is definitely not in the picture at this point (even though I think she describes the trailer as having 2 bedrooms?). 

*Speaking of Chuck though and where Lana/Chuck were living, Lana says that before the trailer park she was living with Steven Mertens. (So again, if she was living with Steven, where was Chuck living? With Steven too?) It sounds like Steven encouraged her to live in the trailer park (didn't they break up around this time, which would make sense why she would move?). 

*Lana says that the album was recorded in 3 months (so October 2007 to January 2008 roughly, by her timeline) from 3 to 3 each day (I'm assuming 3 PM to 3 AM). And the rest of her time she was in her room drinking pink lemonade (lol I love Lana) and listening to The Beach Boys, etc. But in an interview she gave with Courtney Love this year (or technically last year, 2017), Lana says she was still in school at this time? Also, probably minor detail, but if the sessions ended at 3 AM, and the transit that she says she took back to Jersey (the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail) doesn't seem to operate until at least 5 AM, what would she do between 3 and 5 AM in new york?

*Lana says she wants to return to this park, but the reason she left was because it got too expensive because she didn't have any other job besides singing, so she moved to Manhattan (which at first is like what the fuck, how would Manhattan be any less expensive than a trailer park in New Jersey), but Lana seems to insinuate she moved out to sleep on people's couches ("and now I just live with everyone" is I think what she says, but the audio is hard to hear). So again, where was Chuck during all this? 

*The name of the lady who rented out the trailer is Meredith (Meredith is also apparently the name of the cat Lana finds during the interview). Lana makes it seem like she was instantly sold on this park as soon as she found Meredith's listing (assuming online), but a little before that, Lana says she wanted to live in a trailer park that was closer to NYC (she wanted Liberty Harbor RV Park but wasn't able to find it on the map) and her current trailer park was the second-closest to nyc. 

*And going back to the Courtney interview (and this is really stretching it, but I'll just include it anyway), Lana talked about how she felt the interview was embarrassing looking back on it. When I initially read that, I kind of thought that she meant because it wasn't the most professional (in terms of like a camera crew just randomly following her around, there didn't seem to be any really pre-planned questions, etc.) and how since she had clearly evolved stylistically/artistically since then, maybe she didn't want to revisit old times or whatever. And that could still be it. But I also wonder, under the context of my suspicious mind, if maybe the whole trailer park image so to speak was more fabricated than she wanted to admit, like maybe she probably did feel a certain connection to Americana-influences, but maybe wasn't actually living in an actual trailer park and so the whole "here's my former home" interview might be kind of cringey to her in hindsight. I mean, she's incredibly engaging and charming throughout the whole interview (the video one), but there definitely feels like she's not being totally sincere with all of her answers (and I kind of feel like the interviewer picks up on that a bit, but that could just be me). 

Again, none of these really weak examples/points prove anything either way, I just find it interesting. I feel like Lana is one of the only artists where the more I look into her life, the less I feel I know about her. And to her credit, she was able to give a fair amount of detail about her living arrangements/furniture, the exact amount of rent ($525 per month), the padlocks not working, etc., so if she did make all that up on the spot, it would be pretty impressive. 

At the same time, it also doesn't help that she's admitted to fucking with journalists in the past just for the sake of it, so at the end of the day, who the hell really knows. There is an endless mystery to her. 

I've always thought she acted weird in the video interview cause she was high as fuck.

Chuck was probably staying at her parents?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

So, after scrolling through what's available on Rob's Facebook, I'm just kind of... in awe. I'd like to make a more detailed, coherent post later, after doing some more reading, to connect him to certain songs -- but, for now, I just need to get thoughts out. Firstly, I'm just heartbroken at all the people who seem to really miss his presence -- he seemed to be a truly sweet guy who really impacted everyone he was around.

Secondly, I'm feeling more and more that he's the missing link we've been looking for in Lana's music. I'm not sure if the time fits, but I can't help but reattribute a song like "Kill Kill" -- "I'm in love with a dying man/I have done everything I can..." -- to him, rather than K. I think she could've surrounded him with a lot of metaphorical death imagery, in her fear that she might lose him to drugs.

Also, from reading the Facebook posts by his family, I'm gathering that he traveled a lot -- could this be the real-life inspiration for a song like "1949" -- which is obviously lifted from "Lolita", but could also carry a personal meaning for Lana, as she wishes he could take her on one of these globetrotting trips with him? It fits with the themes of "Yayo", of escaping with him. 

Also, I can't help but think that he's almost certainly the subject of "For K, Pt. 2", with the original demo being called "Rehab", and such. So, my question is, could she have met Rob early enough that he could be the subject of even the earliest K songs? For one, I know the name K has been believed to refer to a different man in her life, whose name I won't say here, but I really think K could be Rob -- couldn't the "death row" references just be another metaphor for her fear of losing him to death? I'm feeling that she knew he'd hear these early songs (maybe she even played them for him!), so she gave his character a pseudonym, and a fictionalized vice, so he wouldn't know that she was singing about his drug problem.

It's a lot to take in, and I may be far off the mark. I read all the info late last night, so I need time to reprocess it, but I thought I'd at least get this initial information out of my head in some way.

Also, I don't think this is *actually* significant, but... it's kind of funny. Names and pictures (except for his first name) have been blacked out for privacy, so I hope it's okay to post this here:

forkpt3.jpg

K :hooker:

o4qjp4j.png

''I'm usually always singing about the same goddamn person so...I'll love him forever but it's all good'' do you guys think she's reffering to Rob here? 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

So, after scrolling through what's available on Rob's Facebook, I'm just kind of... in awe. I'd like to make a more detailed, coherent post later, after doing some more reading, to connect him to certain songs -- but, for now, I just need to get thoughts out. Firstly, I'm just heartbroken at all the people who seem to really miss his presence -- he seemed to be a truly sweet guy who really impacted everyone he was around.

Secondly, I'm feeling more and more that he's the missing link we've been looking for in Lana's music. I'm not sure if the time fits, but I can't help but reattribute a song like "Kill Kill" -- "I'm in love with a dying man/I have done everything I can..." -- to him, rather than K. I think she could've surrounded him with a lot of metaphorical death imagery, in her fear that she might lose him to drugs.

Also, from reading the Facebook posts by his family, I'm gathering that he traveled a lot -- could this be the real-life inspiration for a song like "1949" -- which is obviously lifted from "Lolita", but could also carry a personal meaning for Lana, as she wishes he could take her on one of these globetrotting trips with him? It fits with the themes of "Yayo", of escaping with him.

Also, I can't help but think that he's almost certainly the subject of "For K, Pt. 2", with the original demo being called "Rehab", and such. So, my question is, could she have met Rob early enough that he could be the subject of even the earliest K songs? For one, I know the name K has been believed to refer to a different man in her life, whose name I won't say here, but I really think K could be Rob -- couldn't the "death row" references just be another metaphor for her fear of losing him to death? I'm feeling that she knew he'd hear these early songs (maybe she even played them for him!), so she gave his character a pseudonym, and a fictionalized vice, so he wouldn't know that she was singing about his drug problem.

It's a lot to take in, and I may be far off the mark. I read all the info late last night, so I need time to reprocess it, but I thought I'd at least get this initial information out of my head in some way.

Also, I don't think this is *actually* significant, but... it's kind of funny. Names and pictures (except for his first name) have been blacked out for privacy, so I hope it's okay to post this here:

forkpt3.jpg

K :hooker:

I thought the same thing the other night. It seems like he is the missing link.

Although I’m not sure if the timeline works. Per the article on Recovery Road he was in rehab possibly in June of 2004, but we don’t know Lizzys movements around this time at all, this was during her gap year. I really want evidence to connect Lizzy to RR as maybe that could tell us more.

If she met Rob first I don’t think she wouldn’t referred to him as Mikey’s best friend. Or maybe she did to refer to a band people know about, who knows.

Additionally, his moving around a lot seems to be a few years before his death (2009-2011 roughly). I don’t think they were much in contact during this time. He would’ve came up somewhere and she was deep in working on her record at this time, in London etc.

Before 2009 I believe he was on tour with the STG.

There’s also absolutely zero pictures of the two of them anywhere. I think someone else said it could've been a very short fling or friendship but as she said, affected her a lot.

We don’t know a lot but I’m gonna keep looking.

Crazy thing is that his full name was in her Twitter this whole time!

PS I SAW THE K THING TOO

Ive said this before & I'll say it again as a reminder - If you track down an identity of one of Lana's old boyfriends/friends/etc PLEASE do not post their full name, social media, or pictures that could lead to tracking them down in the forum. For the past few months, Josh and I have been communicating and built up a friendship. His name was spread awhile ago and therefore fans contacted him and he was very unhappy. Please, for the safety of Lana's old friends (as well as my new ones), do not lead fans to their identity. Thank you

Lol the fact you even had the nerve to message him.... Some people really are stupid.

Lol the fact you even had the nerve to message him.... Some people really are stupid.

He actually contacted me first.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pYqHG_WWBa0XeiFKI9VVZzetP315uB8UmyfeZeDRUQc/edit?usp=sharing

MANY names are mentioned.. any ring a bell? will compile a list later

Who wrote this? Upon a quick google search, I find a few rather odd results for someone named Alexis Wright.

I also saw @/groupielover post this on Instagram, stating something along the lines that they "found the truth about Lana Del Rey" or something.

Also, whoever wrote this states that they "watched how cruel and cold [Lana] was for years, long before [she] was Lana Del Rey" - does this mean that this person knew Lana pre-fame?

Who wrote this? Upon a quick google search, I find a few rather odd results for someone named Alexis Wright.

I also saw @/groupielover post this on Instagram, stating something along the lines that they "found the truth about Lana Del Rey" or something.

Also, whoever wrote this states that they "watched how cruel and cold [Lana] was for years, long before [she] was Lana Del Rey" - does this mean that this person knew Lana pre-fame?

somebody on instagram

although further research suggest they're involved in some type of unsolved murder case from 2006

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pYqHG_WWBa0XeiFKI9VVZzetP315uB8UmyfeZeDRUQc/edit?usp=sharing

MANY names are mentioned.. any ring a bell? will compile a list later

The real truth is,,there is no such thing as fiction,,,,you live in the infinite

universe,,,if you think it or have knowledge of it,,,,it already exists...something that does not

exist has no knowledge or memory of.....the past is the present and future,,,,the signal you

download today you will process when you sleep and view tomorrow it already happened,,

alexis.wright29Stop pretending to be something you are not, just to steal money from the blind

poor

I might be taking this way too seriously but when all of us can recieve the knowledge of the universe, every expierience or scenario we ever dreamt of already existed, why is it bad to create art about that instead of one's own life expierences? Why are they so mad about Lana stealing somebody's stories or are they mad about her lying about it?