Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

You know, she does say "class president", so it seems younger.

But knowing her class president is just another way of her saying teacher, without really saying it. She loves her some presidential figures and grown ass men. I'm thinking its just another nickname for leader of the classroom, not its literal definition of a student who's in charge of his grade's recreational activities.

I think the title "part 2" could actually be because its another chapter. She's fallen in love with another guy the same way she fell in love with K?

Never thought of it that way and it makes total sense. :deadbanana:

What if the other guy he fell in love with also has K as their name initial?

Something stuck me today: Jealous Girl could possibly be about her teacher, but maybe about their downfall?

Here's my analysis:

Whoopin' the house down, show him who's the leader
Bring ya' baby down, down
Go cheerleader!

[Cheerleaders are usually only seen in a school setting. This makes me feel as if this song was written during her school years. Maybe it was a cheerleader that she was jealous of? Later in the song, she does a "be aggressive" cheer. Maybe she's mocking the cheerleaders. Maybe she wanted to be one of them.]

I'm a jealous, jealous, jealous girl
If I can't have you baby, if I can't have you baby
Jealous, jealous, jealous girl
If I can't have you baby, no one else in this world can

[she refers to herself as a "girl" and not a woman. This could obviously be just for lyrical reasons, but it could also reference her young age. I think maybe, when this song was written (if it is true that it is about her teacher at boarding school), their relationship was on the downfall. Maybe they had an argument because the teacher was spending more time on other students than her? Maybe Lizzy was graduating soon? Maybe some of her friends or other adults became suspicious? Who knows. But I feel as if Lizzy wanted to make this guy's life a living hell. If she can't have him, no one can.]

Think you should be my man
No one's better than I am
C'mon give it to me, bam
If I can't have you baby, no one else in this world can

[Again, another age reference? As I said above, it could just be for lyrical, songwriting reasons, but I find it intriguing that she calls herself a girl while she calls her lover a man. Very Lolita-esque. However, in this song she also uses the term "boy", so maybe this part of the theory is just a bust. However, the upbeat, pop sound in this song and the lyrics seem very, almost, immature to me compared to some of her other, more sophisticated, work.]

Honey, I'm in love with you
If you don't feel the same
boy, you don't wanna' mess with me, mess with me

[Maybe her teacher DIDN'T feel the same? Maybe that's why she wanted his life to suck. I think it's apparent Lizzy fantasized about this teacher. Maybe she confessed this to him and he told her he didn't feel the same. It was too risky. Too dangerous. But she is a dangerous girl!  ;) ]

Conclusion

This song has obvious elements of schoolgirl love. She sings about jealousy, revenge, and.. cheerleading? Whether it is written about a teacher or not, that's up for you to decide! As this is my first formal Lanalysis, I'd love feedback. I'm new to this analyzing thing and I'm not sure if my theories and opinions are even relevant, haha. Thanks for reading anyway!  :)

I guess I just thought she was using the cheerleading thing as, like, a hook. But it's possible...however, other elements of jealousy in her songs:

- She's Not Me, a Mike song

- Lift Your Eyes, a probable Jimmy song (we'll come back to that), in Shoulda let me know that you still thinking about her.

As for Lift Your Eyes being a Jimmy song, I actually want some of your opinions on this. I think LYE, Velvet Crowbar, and Back to tha Basics are all tied together with references of alcoholism--shoulda let me know I'd lose you to the drink vs. you were afflicted by booze vs. back to the basics, when you're not wasted. It's just a matter of who these three are about. People have already theorized BTTB is about Jimmy because he's, well, the only famous boyfriend. Her famous boyfriend who couldn't be responsible so she let him go in the name of higher consciousness. All well and good until you see these lyrics in LYE: shoulda let me know that you worked around the clock. Which links to Noir's Papi is a workaholic. Nothing suggests Mike was an alcoholic, though. God forbid Noir is actually about Jimmy.

Halp.

I guess I just thought she was using the cheerleading thing as, like, a hook. But it's possible...however, other elements of jealousy in her songs:

- Lift Your Eyes, a probable Jimmy song (we'll come back to that), in Shoulda let me know that you still thinking about her.

As for Lift Your Eyes being a Jimmy song, I actually want some of your opinions on this. I think LYE, Velvet Crowbar, and Back to tha Basics are all tied together with references of alcoholism--shoulda let me know I'd lose you to the drink vs. you were afflicted by booze vs. back to the basics, when you're not wasted. It's just a matter of who these three are about. People have already theorized BTTB is about Jimmy because he's, well, the only famous boyfriend. Her famous boyfriend who couldn't be responsible so she let him go in the name of higher consciousness. All well and good until you see these lyrics in LYE: shoulda let me know that you worked around the clock. Which links to Noir's Papi is a workaholic. Nothing suggests Mike was an alcoholic, though. God forbid Noir is actually about Jimmy.

Halp.

I took 'worked around the clock' as like..him working to make sure she wasn't finding out about him cheating. kind of having a schedule of women so to speak lol 

but ia with u about those songs being about the same person. 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Halp.

I'm pretty sure LYE is about Jimmy. Because of the alcoholism and the "I can never be what you wanted". Jimmy's girlfirned committed suicide in 2002 which really sent him into a depression, he didn't even make music anymore, maybe Lana was his rebound.

I'm not sure about Velvet Crowbar, it does reference alcoholism but also "golden grill[z]" which doesn't fit Jimmy at all (maybe K?).

I think BTTB is about Mike, we know she was with him during her trailer park era and the "wearing them ASICS and gold" line fits her style from some of the photos of the two. I think the "I can speak Spanish, you can sing for the neighbours, you've been pretty stupid ever since you got famous" line is from Mike's perspective. She is obviously a singer and she's famous now. She answers him with: "Uh-oh, uh-oh, wrong side of the tracks, boy. Uh-oh, uh-oh, if only we'd go back, boy"

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

for k part one is just too far fetched to be true imo. "now hes in a jail cell for some thirty years now" she was only 17.....

I looked up stuff about the prisons in California and the only one that has a death row for male inmates is San Quentin State Prison, nowhere near Santa Monica or even L.A. :(

if he was from New York why would he go to a prison in California ? i don't know i don't live in the US but to me it sounds weird.

on a bit of an unrelated note what does For K part 2 have to do with Part One it doesn't seem like a continuation of the story. And it talks about the man as a lover instead of a friend like in Part 1

Its a great story but im afraid thats probably all it is.

for k part one is just too far fetched to be true imo. "now hes in a jail cell for some thirty years now" she was only 17.....

I always interpreted this as meaning K's original maximum sentence was 30 years, not that he had been in prison that long. And for the record, she was about 20 or 21 at the time since Sirens was recorded in 2005 or 2006.

I looked up stuff about the prisons in California and the only one that has a death row for male inmates is San Quentin State Prison, nowhere near Santa Monica or even L.A. :(

if he was from New York why would he go to a prison in California ? i don't know i don't live in the US but to me it sounds weird.

What makes you think it would have to be California?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I know when she was asked about why she changed her name to Lana Del Rey, she said she drew inspiration when in Florida with her sister. Could she have met K there? Florida has the death penalty.

Always possible. Some people sit on death row for 30+ years here, and we have quite a few death row prisons.

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png

we should totally start adding to a new list the "Lana/Lizzy songs about Lana/Lizzy"

for example:

Serial Killer- the song talks bout she always kill her relationships,  she is always looking for danger, also Summer of Sam could have the same meaning since the son of sam was a serial killer, the only thing that bothers me is the year mistake tho

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

This does not really fit in with any assumed relationship theories, but I have no idea where I should post it- and I really don't want to make a thread about something that I'm 99.9% sure is wrong. But, whatever I'll post it. I'm no Lana sleuth nor do I want to be one, but here I go.

tumblr_m3plwdXJ8h1rvbxb4o1_500.png

This is a still from a supposed 'Long forgotten movie' that Lana is in, produced by Rex Arrow. Notice her scarf in it.

Here is a small gif from what may be from an unleaked home-made music video made by Lana.

tumblr_m3mhnpfWEs1rtpwoso1_500.gif

Notice the scarf, it seems to be the same one as the Rex Arrow still.

To quote Maru:

No, it's not. This .gif isn't from a music video

So if it's not from an unleaked music video, where is it from?

Could the gif be from the Rex arrow film? This really doesn't say much, no. It's a two second gif. It's really nothing.. but maybe some of the film will leak, fully finished or not and we'll see.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Well there was that gif of her holding a gun which didnt seem too music videoish

Even so it looks like her lips are bigger in the screencap

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Well there was that gif of her holding a gun which didnt seem too music videoish

Even so it looks like her lips are bigger in the screencap

I never saw that one! Does anyone happen 2 have it?? Was it similar to the pics we have of her w/ tha gun?

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Hi guys 

i was just wondering something, I read this topic and saw a lot information about Lana that was new for me

But the farther I got in to the topic, the more I began wondering.

are some things not too personal to talk about?

she changed some things for a reason and isn't it good to let it be what it is?

Just wondering what you guys think about it. 

no offence or something, because also love the good research of you guys hahahah

:smile2:

409.gif