Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

This is probably nothing but I was thinking about it last night; in Butterflies pt 2 she sings "He puts on “Lola” by The Kinks and he dances ‘round" and if you listen to Lola the hook in the song is "la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola" which sort of reminds me of the "ah-ah-ah-ah..." bit in Dark Paradise. They don't sound the same but there is something similar to it (which might just be me really wanting them to be similar), and before that part she sings "I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song.... ah-ah... that's how you sang it", and that she says "that's how you sang it" insinuates that he sang it differently from the actual version.

This is probably nothing but I was thinking about it last night; in Butterflies pt 2 she sings "He puts on “Lola” by The Kinks and he dances ‘round" and if you listen to Lola the hook in the song is "la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola" which sort of reminds me of the "ah-ah-ah-ah..." bit in Dark Paradise. They don't sound the same but there is something similar to it (which might just be me really wanting them to be similar), and before that part she sings "I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song.... ah-ah... that's how you sang it", and that she says "that's how you sang it" insinuates that he sang it differently from the actual version.

This makes total sense to me to be honest. I dont think its just you wanting it to be true. If you think of it, there are so many connections in all of Lanas songs, old and new. With all of the recurring themes Id be quiet quiet surprised if this wasn't just coincidental. Ive always felt that she loves connecting all her songs with some theme or image or word, because there all little stories which make up her bigger story, and she wants to keep some sort of continuity, if that makes sense....

tumblr_mno1uzdctJ1qagwgxo1_500.png

Has the question on who Ray is been answered yet? 'Cause this is Ray Neu:

tumblr_inline_mhwu1x5CHV1qz4rgp.jpg

It was mentioned way back in the Lizzy Grant Misc photos thread

There's pics of them 2 together with Daddy at some police convention or something along those lines. So a "new shotgun" would make sense. But I've searched him up, he drives a hummer or a jeep :P

just something 2 supplement the ~lana never actually knew jimmy~ conspiracy:

david kahne has this description under yayo on his site- "Noir trailer park escape to bright futures, on a stranger's motorcycle..." 

Since David + Lana wrote the song together, it just makes me think that Lana had a crush on Jimmy (maybe she even knew him, but from afar- as a friend of Reeve's) and was dreaming of him whisking her away from her dark life, from drugs, and whatever else when she wrote the song, and used that fantasy as her influence. I mean this would kind of go along with the whimsicalness of 'jimmy gnecco.mp3' ~take me to the park ~take me out of this dark trailer park life, etc. And her posting it on his facebook may have just been in attempts to get his attention

idk does any of this make sense? lol

((In the spot light we see Jim and Chuck tho))

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Do any of you think that K was executed via electric chair? I think she has a lot of references to electricity: "I sing the body electric", "I'm feeling electric tonight", "Your pretty face and electric soul". On For K she says that he was on death row but not "hanging around".

How else would you murder someone on death row if not by hanging?

Do any of you think that K was executed via electric chair? I think she has a lot of references to electricity: "I sing the body electric", "I'm feeling electric tonight", "Your pretty face and electric soul". On For K she says that he was on death row but not "hanging around".

i think they kill ppl by lethal injection now...and she talks about electric souls a lot. if k was rly electrocuted, that'd be morbid as fuck

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

She has a sick sense of humor if that's what her intentions are. Cracking jokes at the expense of her lost loved one, that rascal.

That's not about that :)

Feeling "electric" is an actual feeling. In other words, it's a feeling of being alive, a sense of elevation, being enlivened, feeling strong enthusiasm and joy about something.

She always uses the word in that meaning in interviews as well.

I'm surprised Cola is nowhere here.

"I know your wife and she wouldn't mind"

Mike Mizrahi is married. Could it be about her, fantasizing about getting back together with him, just for some fun?

I noticed some lyrical similarities in Y&B and Damn You (I won't call it American Dream :biblio: )

In Y&B:

Hot summer nights mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, the city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

In Damn You:

'member how we used to escape for the summer? (In Bel Air now, as in escape to Bel Air which could mean heaven)
fireworks and sparkles would light up the black skies.
we'd hold on tight for our lives to each other.

hello, hello, where did you go?
we were two kids living life on the run, like the american dream, baby!
nothing to lose and we'd get messed up for fun.
we went too fast, too young.

From this interpretation, the song could be a young love, and what a wonderful time they had in the summer, one of her past lovers.

But of course, we know she changed lyrics to fit the movie :creep:

I'm surprised Cola is nowhere here.

"I know your wife and she wouldn't mind"

Mike Mizrahi is married. Could it be about her, fantasizing about getting back together with him, just for some fun?

Yeah we've discussed that...I just need to update the OP :facepalm:

Why don't we make one big biography topic about her life? A whole story/timeline that we can all work on by using the information, lyrics, story's & the mystery's that we got. We could also involve the lyrics in it (Like SitarHero did in the very first post). A whole biography about her (dark) past life, what she did, relationships, her family, her childhood, alcoholism, boarding school, go-go dancing, sugar daddies, the cities she lived in and what she used to do there. So we will understand her & her art better. What do you guys think?