Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Still waiting for the day this thread will be updated :poordat:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

On 2/10/2022 at 1:08 PM, Surf Noir said:

(i mentioned this in another thread) does anybody else feel like "bel air" could be alluding to "k" or whoever this mysterious dead boyfriend figure is? something which i feel like stands out is the lyric "i know your name", i thought of "k" when i heard this lyric because obviously nobody really knows his name, except for her, & obviously the heavenly/afterlife themes in the song would also fit this theory

bel air (imo) is almost undoubtedly about axl rose 

for starters, he lives in bel air and used to drive (he might still drive it but idk) a vintage chevy bel air. and then the song also has references to guns and roses:

"sweet child of mine, you're divine" - sweet child of mine is a hit song by guns n' roses, the band axl is in 

"idol of roses, iconic soul" - imo this is a reference to axl's band and how it's iconic to her and to the music world

i think the chorus is just about lana driving through bel air at night (the spotlight, etc, being her headlights - also makes sense because she talks about palm trees late at night and bel air is full of palm trees) - lana def purposefully used wording that brings about a heavenly/afterlife sort of vibe w lines like "walk in the way of my soft resurrection" but i think she was just comparing a fun little fling to heaven - the song could be interpreted diff but i think objectively it makes sense that it's about axl - also i can't find it but i'm almost 100% sure i saw a pic on social media years ago of axl rose's bel air home and he actually had gargoyle statues by his gate to his home which confirmed it to me - i can't find the pic now but i remember it vividly

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

bel air (imo) is almost undoubtedly about axl rose 

for starters, he lives in bel air and used to drive (he might still drive it but idk) a vintage chevy bel air. and then the song also has references to guns and roses:

"sweet child of mine, you're divine" - sweet child of mine is a hit song by guns n' roses, the band axl is in 

"idol of roses, iconic soul" - imo this is a reference to axl's band and how it's iconic to her and to the music world

i think the chorus is just about lana driving through bel air at night (the spotlight, etc, being her headlights - also makes sense because she talks about palm trees late at night and bel air is full of palm trees) - lana def purposefully used wording that brings about a heavenly/afterlife sort of vibe w lines like "walk in the way of my soft resurrection" but i think she was just comparing a fun little fling to heaven - the song could be interpreted diff but i think objectively it makes sense that it's about axl - also i can't find it but i'm almost 100% sure i saw a pic on social media years ago of axl rose's bel air home and he actually had gargoyle statues by his gate to his home which confirmed it to me - i can't find the pic now but i remember it vividly

that's possible, it's a cool way to interpret it, but i just can't imagine that she'd make a song that's so emotionally rich that feels so reminiscent of this afterlife/heavenly feel about somebody who she either just really admired or had a fling with, but only lana would know, also, considering the fact that she's never performed it makes me feel like it's a song she's sensitive about, like lucky ones and quite a few tracks off of honeymoon, also, the sounds of the children laughing, it gives it a heavenly, utopian feel, so whether the song is just about axl rose, or something more deep, i think the heavenly vibe is intentional, maybe it's about different things and different people, she could've been inspired by axl rose or her surroundings in bel air, but it could be more

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

On 5/5/2022 at 2:29 PM, lilac heaven said:

nooo because i am revisiting this thread and reading all the posts from 2012 since i was a little too young to have been that invested in lana or her life at that time and she really was a compulsive liar in every interview back then i can’t breathe :rip:

not me about to spend my night going through this thread haha

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

that's possible, it's a cool way to interpret it, but i just can't imagine that she'd make a song that's so emotionally rich that feels so reminiscent of this afterlife/heavenly feel about somebody who she either just really admired or had a fling with, but only lana would know, also, considering the fact that she's never performed it makes me feel like it's a song she's sensitive about, like lucky ones and quite a few tracks off of honeymoon, also, the sounds of the children laughing, it gives it a heavenly, utopian feel, so whether the song is just about axl rose, or something more deep, i think the heavenly vibe is intentional, maybe it's about different things and different people, she could've been inspired by axl rose or her surroundings in bel air, but it could be more

i totally agree. i think the take on axl rose is interesting and it’s possible, however, it does give this heavenly, utopian feel to it. the first time i listened to it i instantly thought of going into heaven. the children’s laughter also adds more of that heavenly feeling to it. it’s such a beautiful song, and i totally agree that she could’ve been inspired by axl rose, but there was something else that really drove the song. i went to bel air briefly a few months ago and it reminded me of the song. coincidently, i saw roses as well. it was such a fun, calming feeling. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Lana was so real for lying as much as she did bc lying to strangers is so fun like what are you gonna do? Say I’m lying? I’ll just create another lie to cover it up :oprah3:

edit: this thread is what got me to create an account so I’ll forever hold it close to my heart ❤️ 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Ok so… I just read the Interview magazine article and this part stuck out to me —

Then, I watched this documentary when I was 20 called The Devil and Daniel Johnston with my boyfriend at the time, Artie Levine, and seeing that Daniel was super different and he had a bit of a cult following, I realized there might be a chance here. I definitely had my muses, but it was so much later on in life because I didn’t move to New York until I was 18, and that was when I first heard anything other than Eminem, country, and NPR. All of a sudden, I got a fucking crash course in music.

Who is this? I feel like I've never heard that name before, I looked him up on here and couldn't find anything either. There was a boxer of the same name born in NY, but he would've been in his like 60/70s when Lana was 20 :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

Ok so… I just read the Interview magazine article and this part stuck out to me —

Then, I watched this documentary when I was 20 called The Devil and Daniel Johnston with my boyfriend at the time, Artie Levine, and seeing that Daniel was super different and he had a bit of a cult following, I realized there might be a chance here. I definitely had my muses, but it was so much later on in life because I didn’t move to New York until I was 18, and that was when I first heard anything other than Eminem, country, and NPR. All of a sudden, I got a fucking crash course in music.

Who is this? I feel like I've never heard that name before, I looked him up on here and couldn't find anything either. There was a boxer of the same name born in NY, but he would've been in his like 60/70s when Lana was 20 :deadbanana:

arthur lynn's real last name is levine, so arthur lynn= artie levine. that's what i'm guessing anyway lol

drake meme | Drake meme, Meme faces, Memes 

darling, darling, darling, i fall to pieces when i'm with you...

it seems like arthur lynn must've had an impact on her, it seems like he introduced her to a lot of music which probably influenced her for years to come, i'm pretty certain the whole "hawaiian glam metal" description, as well as the infatuation with "metal" or "boys who like metal" as she said in the trailer park interview came from him, also, his favorite drink was/is? diet mountain dew, he even ran a fan-page for diet mountain dew on myspace (which can be seen on her friends-list in some screenshots) which obviously is the title of one of her born to die songs, also, she says "dizzy from loving you" in WTWWAWWKD, arthur lynn has a song that's very obviously about her titled "dizzy", may just be a coincidence, but you never know :sass: 

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.angiescreams.com/mp3/dizzy.mp3

nitpicking, but i don't believe she was with him when she was 20, which would've been 2005, it seems like their relationship primarily took place in 2007, when she was 22, (which is mentioned in dizzy :sass:) however, this photo of them together seems to be from a later date, maybe 2008? perhaps they got back together for a brief period of time, or just remained friends! honestly, arthur lynn might be my favorite boyfriend of lana's, he just seems really cool and it seems like he only influenced her in positive ways

lizzygrant4ever | Lana del rey, Elizabeth grant, Lana del ray

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

On 2/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, Surf Noir said:

but i don't believe she was with him when she was 20, which would've been 2005, it seems like their relationship primarily took place in 2007, when she was 22,

I guess she might've gotten the age wrong by a couple years or so in that interview, luckily it's not as drastic of a difference as "I recorded Axl Rose Husband when I was 16" ☠️⚰️

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

it seems like arthur lynn must've had an impact on her, it seems like he introduced her to a lot of music which probably influenced her for years to come, i'm pretty certain the whole "hawaiian glam metal" description, as well as the infatuation with "metal" or "boys who like metal" as she said in the trailer park interview came from him, also, his favorite drink was/is? diet mountain dew, he even ran a fan-page for diet mountain dew on myspace (which can be seen on her friends-list in some screenshots) which obviously is the title of one of her born to die songs, also, she says "dizzy from loving you" in WTWWAWWKD, arthur lynn has a song that's very obviously about her titled "dizzy", may just be a coincidence, but you never know :sass: 

nitpicking, but i don't believe she was with him when she was 20, which would've been 2005, it seems like their relationship primarily took place in 2007, when she was 22, (which is mentioned in dizzy :sass:) however, this photo of them together seems to be from a later date, maybe 2008? perhaps they got back together for a brief period of time, or just remained friends! honestly, arthur lynn might be my favorite boyfriend of lana's, he just seems really cool and it seems like he only influenced her in positive ways

i completely agree! although sometimes i wonder why their relationship didn't last. i'm assuming they got together between april and june of 2007 (because her and steven mertens also broke up around this time) and stopped around fall of 2007 since she started seeing reeve around september if i'm remembering correctly - unless all of her relationships overlap :bebe: 

obviously she really adored him and he was probably very in love with her considering the song he made about her and ngl i kind of wish they would've stayed together 

😋🫶🏼

On 2/15/2023 at 1:17 PM, guns and roses said:

i completely agree! although sometimes i wonder why their relationship didn't last. i'm assuming they got together between april and june of 2007 (because her and steven mertens also broke up around this time) and stopped around fall of 2007 since she started seeing reeve around september if i'm remembering correctly - unless all of her relationships overlap :bebe: 

obviously she really adored him and he was probably very in love with her considering the song he made about her and ngl i kind of wish they would've stayed together 

i believe i read somewhere here recently that there was a blog-post by arthur lynn where he talked about his love for diet mountain dew, he said that he deleted his diet mountain dew myspace account after a fight with his ex-girlfriend, which may have been lizzy

now that i think about it, the timeline of her relationships during the lizzy grant era is a bit confusing, but this is what i think it is

we don't know a lot about her relationships during the first few months of 2007, but she did perform with steven mertens in may, 2007, it's actually a myth that they performed "when i'm with you" at this show, that was clarified by be free/lisandro, so they could've just been friends during that may performance, it's more likely that the recording of when i'm with you is from fall, 2007, i believe she started dating arthur lynn during the middle of 2007/summer of 2007, since it seems like everything involving "the rich whores" took place during that time, i believe lana and steven mertens were together during the fall months of 2007 since it seems like a majority of the material they did together were from the fall of 2007 (for example, the mermaid motel demo is from september, 2007, and the trash magic demo, i believe? is from november, 2007) i think she started dating reeve carney in december of 2007 and their relationship continued into 2008, here's them together on new year's eve, 2007

FvZFqA4.jpg

here's them together, during, what i assume is, january of 2008

3aGmRiD.jpg

he also appears in the sixth version of the gramma music video which mostly features clips from the trailer park tour video which we currently don't have, i really don't know exactly when she filmed the trailer park tour video, but it would've been 2008, at some point when she was living at the trailer park (perhaps this is what she meant when she mentioned romances entering the trailer park in the trailer park interview? :creepna3:)

not quite sure when mike mizrahi entered the picture, but the earliest mention of him that i could find was this tweet he made 

Screenshot-of-January-18--2009-post-by-Michael-Mizrahi-on-Lizzy-Grant-s-personal-Facebook-account

he also interviewed her on february 9th, 2009, which can be found in the early interviews thread, it doesn't seem obvious to me that they were a couple at the time, but maybe they got together at a later time after knowing each other

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i believe i read somewhere here recently that there was a blog-post by arthur lynn where he talked about his love for diet mountain dew, he said that he deleted his diet mountain dew myspace account after a fight with his ex-girlfriend, which may have been lizzy

now that i think about it, the timeline of her relationships during the lizzy grant era is a bit confusing, but this is what i think it is

we don't know a lot about her relationships during the first few months of 2007, but she did perform with steven mertens in may, 2007, it's actually a myth that they performed "when i'm with you" at this show, that was clarified by be free/lisandro, so they could've just been friends during that may performance, it's more likely that the recording of when i'm with you is from fall, 2007, i believe she started dating arthur lynn during the middle of 2007/summer of 2007, since it seems like everything involving "the rich whores" took place during that time, i believe lana and steven mertens were together during the fall months of 2007 since it seems like a majority of the material they did together were from the fall of 2007 (for example, the mermaid motel demo is from september, 2007, and the trash magic demo, i believe? is from november, 2007) i think she started dating reeve carney in december of 2008 and their relationship continued into 2008, here's them together on new year's eve, 2007

FvZFqA4.jpg

here's them together, during, what i assume is, january of 2008

3aGmRiD.jpg

he also appears in the sixth version of the gramma music video which mostly features clips from the trailer park tour video which we currently don't have, i really don't know exactly when she filmed the trailer park tour video, but it would've been 2008, at some point when she was living at the trailer park (perhaps this is what she meant when she mentioned romances entering the trailer park in the trailer park interview? :creepna3:)

not quite sure when mike mizrahi entered the picture, but the earliest mention of him that i could find was this tweet he made 

Screenshot-of-January-18--2009-post-by-Michael-Mizrahi-on-Lizzy-Grant-s-personal-Facebook-account

he also interviewed her on february 9th, 2009, which can be found in the early interviews thread, it doesn't seem obvious to me that they were a couple at the time, but maybe they got together at a later time after knowing each other

THANK YOU.

😋🫶🏼

6 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

omg ur literally a detective!! thank you. 

do u know where I can listen to "dizzy"? I rly want to hear it now