Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

This has been on my mind for a while now & I thought i'd share it

Since Born to Die, Video Games, & Blue Jeans are a trilogy of some sort I re-watched them in order and I got this idea

Video Games is a happy song to me, maybe the beginning of a relationship. In this (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3224525245356) interview she says: 

"Other than that, I can say I had one relationship that really influenced the album. But the way I describe it is like when we met, we had so much in common.We were living a really similar life. Devoted to art and serving our communities. We had a beautiful relationship. But when he started taking a more dangerous road & kind of veered off the straight & narrow and we could no longer be together.. That really, I just thought it was so sad that like, I dont know. That God had found someone so perfect for me & that we really couldnt be together."

Born to Die which to me doesn't mean physical death. But I think maybe from the beginning their relationship was born to die. "Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough, I don't know why" 

Then Blue Jeans, which signifies the end of something that took her under (like in the video it was her love interest) which makes sense because obv she came out emotionally scarred from that relationship in a sense. "But then they took you away, stole you out of my life" 

I think all of these are about K.

I don't know what interview it was, but she did say "I'm always singing about the same damn person. I'll love him forever." (http://lanadelreyfan.com/lana/quotes-by-lana/)

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

I just had something of an epiphany.

So like, in this live rendition of Boarding School, she sings "Come on, Billy -- let's go to boarding school".

I've been thinking that maybe Hundred Dollar Bill is about Lana selling herself to Bill(y) from Trash Magic and DICWB all the while Jimmy is okay with it... but aside from those theories, the above alteration has now got me thinking:

What if Mr. Campbell's name is, say, William Campbell -- Bill(y) for short -- and he used to buy lemonade from Lana's stand, back in the day? That theory might be giving me legitimate, creepy Lolita teas, but still... :hdu:

He might've also used to pick her up in his pick-up truck (making me think of Rayse, even though that song is more ambiguous as to whom it is dedicated), but that kinda goes against the Thunderbird in Baby Blue Love -- assuming BBL is a Campbell track to begin with; I don't know the consensus on that one.

this is probably idiotic and i need ma pc taken away from me but it's 8AM and i haven't slept yet and my brain is doing things

rihKQ8M.gif

I'm not 100% sure what she sings there, but I don't think it's "Billy".

It isn't.

:eek:

Wasn't aware we knew of his first name -- but I suppose it's on record somewhere, so nevermind! :P

Pretty sure she is singing "Billy", though. It's definitely a B- or M-word. :creep:

rihKQ8M.gif

I'm not 100% sure what she sings there, but I don't think it's "Billy".

Pretty sure she is singing "Billy", though. It's definitely a B- or M-word. :creep:

I hear "Billy".

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I want to make a timeline made out of her songs about her life.. I quickly made one on Spotify with some songs that I have on it. Based on the relationship with K. Sorry if I didn't do it correctly.

(Childhood/Teenager/Young Adult)

-Gramma 

-This Is What Makes Us Girls (Off to boarding school)

-Carmen (Comes to New York, drinking problem)

-Go Go Dancer (Making money in New York)

-Disco (Making money in New York)

(She meets a guy, probably K)

-Diet Mountain Dew (Falls in love)

-Mermaid Motel (She wants to do stuff with him)

-Lolita (She wants to settle:''Just you & me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down'')

-Yayo (She wants to marry him in Las Vegas)

(Happy times)

-Video Games (She married him (church bells in the beginning of the song) and becomes pregnant (as seen in Tropico))

-Never Let Me Go

-Without You

-Young & Beautiful

-American

(Crime)

-Gangsta Boy (he did something bad:''I don't care if your going to prison'')

-Live or Die (she becomes his partner in crime)

-Backfire 

-Off To The Races [FIRST PART OF THE SONG] (they're making a lot of money)

-National Anthem (making money)

-Lucky Ones (they're trying to escape their dangerous lifestyle)

-Velvet Crowbar (his drug addiction becomes worse)

-Afraid (she cant stand the drugs and crime and wants to leave him)

-A Star For Nick (realizing she can't  be with him anymore, wants to work on her career)

(Break up)

-Born To Die (they break up (could be about a miscarriage as well)

-Damn You (heartbreak)

-Million Dollar Man (heartbreak)

-Hollywood's Dead (heartbreak)

-Summertime Sadness (heartbreak)

(Looking back)

-Body Electric (self-discovery or something like that/looking back at her past life)

-Gods & Monsters (looking back at her past life/relationship)

-Blue Jeans (looking back at her past life/relationship/ he dies or goes to prison)

-Off To The Races [sECOND PART OF THE SONG] (he goes to prison)

-For K (looking back at her past relationship/he dies or goes to prison)

-Dark Paradise (remembering him since he is dead)

(Freedom)

-Bel Air (she wants to visit him in heaven or something...)

-Ride (finds freedom in her head)

-Radio (becomes famous)

(Happy times)

-Video Games (She married him (church bells in the beginning of the song) and becomes pregnant (as seen in Tropico))

Wait, what? Pregnant? Seen in Tropico? Explain please...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

In the Gods & Monsters part, the balloons at 11:35 and the way he is touching her belly at 12:11

Well, he touches her belly in Body Electric/paradise too, as an act of sensuality, and the balloons could be anything... I think to assume pregnancy is a bit of a stretch idk

ZmJh1LG.jpg

guys, i was justing reading through those old lake placid newspaper articles from lanas teenage years, and i found a guy named william (billy, bill?!) who was on some sort of fotoshoot with lizzy for an abercrombie bag or something! he only lived a couple of miles away from lake placid. But the best thing is yet to come, as a googled his name like a pro stalker there was this site that said he once lived in california! South california actually!!!!! I dont know maybe im just losing my mind or maybe thats old news to everybody else, but its a nice new theory isnt it?  :hooker: 

No one with me on that Billy theory? On her Lizzy Grant page she said something about "two years as a trapese artist in a southern California circus", which obviously isn't taking to be literally (prob just paraphrazing her wild years seen in tropico  :usrs: lol)! But the whole "we were just two kids tryna get out..." would fit so nicely with that guy being around her age and escaping with her to south CA  :defeated: lol i'm just too desperated to find all these answers (honey)  :toofunny:

Well, he touches her belly in Body Electric/paradise too, as an act of sensuality, and the balloons could be anything... I think to assume pregnancy is a bit of a stretch idk

One of the balloons does say "MOM".... Inneresting.

Question: having gone through this entire thread I sorta got the feeling that people don't really "like" Michael Mizrahi. Is that because of the lyrics in "Afraid" which seem to allude to the fact that he wanted to come between Liz and her career? Or is there another reason?

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

One of the balloons does say "MOM".... Inneresting.

Question: having gone through this entire thread I sorta got the feeling that people don't really "like" Michael Mizrahi. Is that because of the lyrics in "Afraid" which seem to allude to the fact that he wanted to come between Liz and her career? Or is there another reason?

I don't know I'm personally not hating on him, but maybe adding up to Afraid, I think Lana and him were together until at least January 2010 when her album was coming out (he was also in the Jump video and there's also a pic of them in which lanas hair looks the same as in the On Our Way video), but on his youtube channel he uploaded a video in November 2010 of his wedding with this german chick.. And she was wearing a summer dress, so maybe they even married in summer?! I think he moved on a bit fast, maybe too fast for the lana fans!

I don't know I'm personally not hating on him, but maybe adding up to Afraid, I think Lana and him were together until at least January 2010 when her album was coming out (he was also in the Jump video and there's also a pic of them in which lanas hair looks the same as in the On Our Way video), but on his youtube channel he uploaded a video in November 2010 of his wedding with this german chick.. And she was wearing a summer dress, so maybe they even married in summer?! I think he moved on a bit fast, maybe too fast for the lana fans!

Thanks heaps for the clarification <3 

On page 19 there's an entry by "Gameboy" shortly discussing their relationship, saying that Lana left him "in a bad way" after their two-year relationship and that she tried to get between him and his new boo... I strongly suspect it's written either by MM himself or his wifey (I know I'm not the first to think that :derpna3: ) ... I guess if she left him in a bad way (whatever that means) he could sorta do his own thing, eh. Btw Lana's wearing a wig in the OOW video.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Thanks heaps for the clarification <3 

On page 19 there's an entry by "Gameboy" shortly discussing their relationship, saying that Lana left him "in a bad way" after their two-year relationship and that she tried to get between him and his new boo... I strongly suspect it's written either by MM himself or his wifey (I know I'm not the first to think that :derpna3: ) ... I guess if she left him in a bad way (whatever that means) he could sorta do his own thing, eh. Btw Lana's wearing a wig in the OOW video.

Totally agree with that gameboy speculation! Also I wouldn't be surprised if he rushed into marriage to prove his faithfulness to his new love because Lana was messing around, tryna ruining their relationship.. (bad bad girl  :crossed:

Ughh that OOW hair looks so weird, should've assumed it was a wig.. hell knows why she's wearing that thing in private pics!

3~6.jpg