Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Totally agree with that gameboy speculation! Also I wouldn't be surprised if he rushed into marriage to prove his faithfulness to his new love because Lana was messing around, tryna ruining their relationship.. (bad bad girl  :crossed:

Ughh that OOW hair looks so weird, should've assumed it was a wig.. hell knows why she's wearing that thing in private pics!

3~6.jpg

Yeah, I see you're point about that new relationship and marriage...

Haha, so funny. She likes to dress up :dmd:

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

I think she's always singing about K. I think he's in (pretty much) every song, and she's always comparing the other men to him, contributing things about him to them, or reflecting him onto them. Sort of like someone theorized she did with Jimmy Gnecco.

This would explain the "I'm always singing about the same God damn person. I think I'll love him forever." because she actually is always singing about him.

I'll give you a few examples off the top of my head-

Dynamite: "And I'm so close to the real thing, I'm so close to the real thing I could almost die." This guy and the way he kisses her reminds her of K, she's so close to him "the real thing" and real love, that she could almost die, (and be with him.)

Mermaid Motel: A lot of people were confused by this because Reeve clearly has a song entitled Lavender. And I do think this is about him, but then she references taking him to Coney Island (like she used to do with K.) And "God bless the ocean," a clear K thing. I'm also wondering if when she says "God bless you, and God bless me." If she isn't actually talking about K and herself there.

Anyway, I'm sure you can find examples of this in almost every song. I'm on my mobile, or I would look farther into this and get more in depth. But I'd go so far as to say, that there are very few songs he's not in.

I also wanted to add something to the Kill Kill theory with the line "Do you know I'm going to leave you?" If K was in Florida, maybe she had to leave and go back to NY (or where ever) for some reason. Also, "Tell me about Ray and his girl," I think Ray and K were probably friends, and he'd tell Lana about 'Ray and his girl' because he was worried about her cheating on him and was trying to see if she was at all jealous of Ray's girl & see if he had anything to worry about there. But with the lines from Gangsta boy "I wouldn't say I loved, loved you if I didn't. I can't cheat cause I know what I'm missing." I'd like to think the best and say she didn't!

Although, in Bel Air "I won't cheat you no more." She might be conflicted and feel like she's cheating on him even though he's dead. This would make sense if they were still dating when he died. (LWY and TVIB&W sort of contradict this, but they could have always broken up when she 'left' for another state & gotten back together after that/those songs.) or she could just feel that loyal to him.

"I won't cheat you no more," could also be her way of saying she won't pretend other guys are him anymore, now that she's matured and realizes he could feel 'cheated' from her doing that.

This is my first time posting. Does anyone like my theories?

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I want to make a timeline made out of her songs about her life.. I quickly made one on Spotify with some songs that I have on it. Based on the relationship with K. Sorry if I didn't do it correctly.

(Childhood/Teenager/Young Adult)

(She meets a guy, probably K)

(Happy times)

(Crime)

(Break up)

(Looking back)

(Freedom)

this actually makes sense, and every song that's in its own group are similar to each other lyrically and instrumentally 

I know you guys wanna do that timeline thing, but I actually find it easier categorizing by themes, locations, cars etc. For example here's this one dude (whoever he might be K, Billy, Ray, Mr Campbell... btw Elliot?! nobody mentions that name ever) Well, we shall call him "Baby Blue", who I linked those songs to, because they have shizz loads of similiarities:

1. "Daddy Issues": they call you baby blue, cause it's you favorit cooolooor boy 

Ahhh, so he must be baby blue!

2. "Baby Blue Love": Axl Rose, 7-11, techno music, cuttin school ..

Sooo, he's the Axl Rose husband?!

3. Axl Rose Husband: Blue hydrangea, White Pontiac, Florida (?!), in blue denim I meet you

He drives a white pontiac..

4. "1949": White Pontiac, blue nail polish, new blue bathing suit, blue lake car to dunks, Alabama

Okay, we get it, blue all over the place and again that Pontiac!

5. "Diet Mnt Dew": White Pontiac heaven, 7-11

Which the 7-11 is also mentioned in Baby Blue Love.

Now here are some songs that would fit as well in a wider sense:

"Pin Up Galore": Alabama, blue mascara, blue, blue streamers
"Elvis": Florida native, blue hydrangea

And dare I say... "Blue Jeans" maybe? thinking of that Axl Rose Husband line "in blue denim I meet you"

I know you guys wanna do that timeline thing, but I actually find it easier categorizing by themes, locations, cars etc. For example here's this one dude (whoever he might be K, Billy, Ray, Mr Campbell... btw Elliot?! nobody mentions that name ever) Well, we shall call him "Baby Blue", who I linked those songs to, because they have shizz loads of similiarities:

1. "Daddy Issues": they call you baby blue, cause it's you favorit cooolooor boy 

Ahhh, so he must be baby blue!

2. "Baby Blue Love": Axl Rose, 7-11, techno music, cuttin school ..

Sooo, he's the Axl Rose husband?!

3. Axl Rose Husband: Blue hydrangea, White Pontiac, Florida (?!), in blue denim I meet you

He drives a white pontiac..

4. "1949": White Pontiac, blue nail polish, new blue bathing suit, blue lake car to dunks, Alabama

Okay, we get it, blue all over the place and again that Pontiac!

5. "Diet Mnt Dew": White Pontiac heaven, 7-11

Which the 7-11 is also mentioned in Baby Blue Love.

Now here are some songs that would fit as well in a wider sense:

"Pin Up Galore": Alabama, blue mascara, blue, blue streamers

"Elvis": Florida native, blue hydrangea

And dare I say... "Blue Jeans" maybe? thinking of that Axl Rose Husband line "in blue denim I meet you"

Totally forgot about "Motel 6" which includes the Pontiac, Dt Mnt Dew and 7-11, but also she's singing about packing up the pick up... maybe the white pontiac is a pick up? Not too sure about this though but could be possible!

There is one thing sure: K (or who ever the guy is), was a guy doing criminal things, wearing a golden grill, older than her, doing a lot of (hard)drugs.

Another topic: I'm 100% sure Lana & Gaga were friends before they got famous. There is ''So Legit'' of course, but also ''Children of The Bad Revolution'' which sounds lyrically like the same underground seen Gaga was on before she got famous.

Gaga also said that ''the scene'' or all her friends in the scene were making Indie music, but she found it depressing so she wanted to make pop music which was very uncommon - or something like that... What do you guys think of this theory? 

I'm sure it's been established, that they were part of the same scene. They performed at the same clubs around the same time. As for being friends: I think not.

Have you heard "So Legit" by Lana? It's dissing Gaga quite intensely... There was a facebook post of Lana saying that she's a hater (referencing Gaga) - and then there's something I don't know enough about - a possible exboyfriend having an argument with Lana over Gaga... They definitely seem to have been rivals, rather than friends :tsk:

I'm sure it's been established, that they were part of the same scene. They performed at the same clubs around the same time. As for being friends: I think not.

Have you heard "So Legit" by Lana? It's dissing Gaga quite intensely... There was a facebook post of Lana saying that she's a hater (referencing Gaga) - and then there's something I don't know enough about - a possible exboyfriend having an argument with Lana over Gaga... They definitely seem to have been rivals, rather than friends :tsk:

My personal belief, from listening to So Legit, is that Lana and Gaga used to be friends/acquaintances, as they were both struggling musicians in the New York (I might be wrong here) scene. Gaga changed her style and got famous, which pissed Lana off and turned her into a 'Hater'. The hatred, imho, stems from Lana's jealousy. I have a feeling Lana is over it now though, I don't think she hates Gaga anymore but neither are they best friends.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Yeah, I guess they could've easily been friendly with each other at one point. I remember seeing a video of Lana interacting with fans. One of the paparazzi asked her about Gaga (if they would ever collab I think) and at first she was just silent, (but she heard'im) and when he asked again, she said something like "dude, you're kiling me." I got the impression that Lana's def not "amused."

1949 reminded me of lolita.

The line day and night on our last vacation reminded me of when lolita got kidnapped and Herbert never saw her, until the day he got arrested.

(She meets a guy, probably K)

-Diet Mountain Dew (Falls in love) (not a K song. It's about another guy, Arthur I believe?)

-Yayo (She wants to marry him in Las Vegas) (this is a Gnecco song)

(Happy times)

-Video Games (She married him (church bells in the beginning of the song) and becomes pregnant (as seen in Tropico)) (debatable, there's evidence for K, Gnecco, Mike, and 'staying sober')

(Crime)

-Afraid (she cant stand the drugs and crime and wants to leave him) (Mike song)

I seriously need to take notes when I go through this thread so I don't have to keep re-reading it.

Speculation about who WEST COAST is about?

Here's a pattern. In American she says "Your skin so gold and brown like an American" West Coast : "He's crazy and Cubano"

If they are about K.. then it would make tons of sense since she also talks about jail alot lol. She also talks about Heaven a lot so this is my theory about that. K was doing illegal shit, that got him arrested. Lana was in the middle of it all when it happened, In the past interview I linked "Times were happy but also chaotic." I think he was put on death row.

In my past post, the facebook interview I linked , she mentions something else that caught my eye now. She says "We were travelling between LA and Las Vegas. I can't gamble because Im not good but he was gambling, and I was just swimming"

YAYO: It only takes two hours to Nevada

Body Electric: My clothes still smell like you,

And all the photographs say that we're still young

Off to the Races: Swimming pool glimmering darling

Backfire: "My baby blue Be my mafiosi rock n´roll high Back to Malibu" "We’re always taking trips downtown Officer Brown’s always coming around"

Tv in Black & White: Prison isn’t going to keep me from you If you get lonely, think of this only

Heaven hasn’t forgotten about you

Though you can’t hold me, pick up and phone me

Use your one phone call on your ex-girl, boo

I won’t tell a single soul, how you spend your nights

In that single cell, holding your pillow tight

Young & Beautiful: Dear Lord when I get to Heaven please let me bring my man

Bel Air: Roses Bel Air Take me there ( Bel Air Estates is an affluent neighborhood in Westside Los Angeles, California.)

Gangsta Boy: I don't care if you're going to prison

Blue Jeans: Then they took you away, stole you out of my life

The Man I Love: I can't be with the man I love, I can't be if he treats me rough. I can't see him, I can't call him up.

Westbound: You didn't think about anyone else You didn't think about any of us When you left that place You didn't want to go anywhere else Nothing could satisfy you till you left So you went away

Kill Kill: I'm in love with a dying man I'm in love with a dying man I have done everything I can

Born to Die: "We were born to die" She knew from the beginning that he was dangerous and that their relationship wouldnt last. Their relationship was born to fail.

Dark Paradise: Your soul is haunting me And telling me That everything is fine But I wish I was dead (dead like you)

e661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gifgiphy.gife661567496eb971ef140351349fd4399.gif

Stop lookin' at my train wreck life and start listenin' to the way I sing the blues

another important lyric for this thread

Sorry, Lana, but no stan is gonna follow this trainwreck of an advice :oopna: :troll:

i am nothing and should be everything

"There's something she doesn't know about
A secret he doesn't show about
A sensitive sign on his arm, oh, my
She got her skeletons as well
Some secrets he knows she'll never tell
People who keep her alone"

Can somebody please translate this from Lana-language to proper English? :derpna2: 
Any guesses what it could mean?

I still think the way she describes K is very conflicting. One is a Cuban gangster type with the golden grill (associated with drugs and gambling), the other one is a blue haired punk rock enthusiast (associated with the music scene and other things).

I still think the way she describes K is very conflicting. One is a Cuban gangster type with the golden grill (associated with drugs and gambling), the other one is a blue haired punk rock enthusiast (associated with the music scene and other things).

Both may be K, but not necessarily the same person.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

"There's something she doesn't know about

A secret he doesn't show about

A sensitive sign on his arm, oh, my

She got her skeletons as well

Some secrets he knows she'll never tell

People who keep her alone"

Can somebody please translate this from Lana-language to proper English? :derpna2: 

Any guesses what it could mean?

He has some sort of secret that the girl (Lana?????) doesn't know about. She also has dark secrets (skeleton = skeletons in the closet = an idiom that just means you have dark secrets), but he knows that she will never tell those secrets to people who abandon her and leave her alone.

So basically they both have secrets, but she is more choosy over who she'll tell.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

He has some sort of secret that the girl (Lana?????) doesn't know about. She also has dark secrets (skeleton = skeletons in the closet = an idiom that just means you have dark secrets), but he knows that she will never tell those secrets to people who abandon her and leave her alone.

So basically they both have secrets, but she is more choosy over who she'll tell.

Well the secret part was clear to me from the beginning, but just like wtf people who keep her alone? People who neglect her? Guys who are on the road instead of being with her? Why do they keep her alone if they already left her??

I don't get it, I just don't get it.. :sadcore5: but thanks anyway