Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

dont know where to post this but i found some stuff about Ocean Grove from Methamphetamines

its a 1950's time warp town by the seaside in New Jersey, and all the houses have verandas, its all very Lana lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/09/how-america-lives-ocean-grove_n_3403887.html

heres a pic of lana there in 2011

"I believe in the country America used to be."

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Okay, just throwing this out there about Ultraviolence. 

She sings about "Jim", and the natural conclusion is to jump to Jimmy Gnecco. HOWEVER, in the french magazine interview she referred to Barrie as James, which is his middle name. Which means, the Jim she sings about in Ultraviolence, COULD be Barrie as a James could be nick named Jim. I might be completely off, but it's just a thought. 

In Intro Magazine she stated that she got her name Lana Del Rey (Ray) because her boyfriend at that time was from Delray Beach, Florida. I remember her saying that her name was made up by Cuban friends in Florida, soooo her boyfriend might have been crazy y cubano :hooker:  

I posted this in the "is this happiness" thread but im gonna post it here.

I think west coast is about 2 people, probs barry and then Jimmy in the chorus. SOC I have no idea. Does Barry have a Malibu? 

IMO Ultraviolence, the phrase, is about an abusive/agresive relationship with Jimmy. And she loves it, even if she isnt with him anymore and she always will love him. From HBD, which is obvs about jimmy, "I like your ultra-violent swingI like it when you treat me mean" and then from west coast "I can see my baby swingin" and then from Ultraviolence (song),  "He hit me and it felt like a kiss/he hurt me but it felt like true love"

Is the Jim she's talking about Jimmy Gnecco? Or someone else? I think Jimmy may be K. Cause of the line "I can hear the sirens". in Ultraviolence  And I think K is Cuban. 

Okay, just throwing this out there about Ultraviolence. 

She sings about "Jim", and the natural conclusion is to jump to Jimmy Gnecco. HOWEVER, in the french magazine interview she referred to Barrie as James, which is his middle name. Which means, the Jim she sings about in Ultraviolence, COULD be Barrie as a James could be nick named Jim. I might be completely off, but it's just a thought. 

Highly doubt it? In HBD she sings about Jimmy and she mentions ultraviolence there as well. Pretty sure it's not about Barrie. 

I have a theory that Jim is K. Like the line "I can hear the sirens" is when he got arrested.

If he's not K, then he's definitely not Gnecco IMO.   because mentioning actual people is a bit invasive. Like she would basically be telling the world the Jimmy Gnecco is an abusive fuck tard and I don't think she'd say something that personal about someone else.

"Jimmy Gnecco is my cult leader whom I will love forever and he hits me but he taught me true love.  O yeah, but  I'm with barrie RN, lel" Unless she and Barrie breakup and she ends up with Gnecco then yeah, the song is defiantly about him. 

I have to say though, Lana's and Jimmy relationship rn is weird. Like him opening for her concert, he wrote songs about her. At her concert he said "Me and Lana go way back" or something like that. 

Because Jim is the perfect American Dream name and she probably made him up obv she says her songwriting is autobiographical but I don't think it is with this one and I hope it's just an exaggerated version of her life like it usually is lol

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Perhaps Jim is an amalgamation of different guys she's been with... don't forget she's telling a story and though the album is autobiographical as she claims it's impossible to know how faithful she's being in terms of names/places/relationships.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

First of all, I am sorry for ruining the row of comments about who Jim is (which are great, keep the analysis coming!). Anyways, I remember that I once read what Lana said about 'Million Dollar Man' and it was this quote:

"It's a song about a man who thought I was one of the most exotic things he had ever seen and me indulging in his appreciation and love. On the outside he was handsome and wholesome, but under wraps he was running an illegal electronic business which ended up taking him and his friends under." 

Could this be K? I think he is Lana's only boyfriend who went in prison.

tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io3_250.gif tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io4_250.gif

I heard that Jimmy Gnecco is the inspiration for the song Ultraviolence...  UV is about her being in an abusive relationship.  I have heard that it is about Jimmy, and that makes since because she references "Jim" a few times during the song... But that would mean Jimmy was an abusive boyfriend (now ex, since she is dating Barrie).  She has played a few shows with Jimmy recently, so if Jimmy is the UV guy, why would Lana even want to be around him and I don't think Barrie would let her...  So what do you think?  Has she dated Jimmy?  Because she has a song called Jimmy Gnecco, that would make sense.  If anyone could clear this up for me, that'd be great.

Who's excited for UV?  Lol, dumb question, I know we all are!!  What song are you excited to hear most?  I think Guns and Roses, because it just sounds appealing.  :D

I don't see why Lana would need to change the name. We all know that anything she says/sings sounds like silk so even if the person was someone named Greg or Allen whatever, she would make it work with the song. It is interesting though that she could have just said "he" taught me that rather than a name but, it wouldn't tell as much of a story.

Ultraviolence is obviously about a toxic relationship that both people are addicted to. Because, while Jim seems to be abusive it sounds like she was no better saying lines such as "He used to call me DN, that stood for deathly night shade" doesn't really paint a picture of someone who's nice. Obviously they're both crazy for eachother in the worst way. This song is seriously dark just like she promised. She literally wants to run back to him she can't keep that feeling away she wants it back she wants the Ultraviolence. The crazy toxic life they had together. It's almost like a drug that kind of feeling.

That's just what I think of the song though personally.

243qd5f.jpg

Because Jim is the perfect American Dream name and she probably made him up obv she says her songwriting is autobiographical but I don't think it is with this one and I hope it's just an exaggerated version of her life like it usually is lol

Ok let's not disrespect the queen now...

Whoever this professor of hers was, he must be a manipulative fucker... reading Lolita to a teen and making out with her... sounds like abuse to me. I'd punch his face. Even tho Lolita is my fave novel since I was 12, someone playing Humbert disgusts me.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg