Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

100%. I have also thought that BAR was about Barrie, so with the new lyrics it makes sense that she's rewriting the past because she wants him back now. I wonder if Barrie has any idea. I'm so intrigued because I guess I feel nostalgic about them.

Now--I know next to nothing about her (current?) bf Chase but I'm assuming songs like NFR, Cinnamon Girl, HIAB, Bartender, etc. are about him. Anyone have any opinions on this?

I thought those tracks could be about chase too. I wonder if they still together though. Mariner's apartment complex is a tough one

California is definitely about Barrie. You could tell by her face she was deciding what to say ... and in the end went with an answer vague enough to answer the question whilst still leaving some uncertainty.

Facts:

:flutter:  She ghosted the subject ("I wanted to reach out but I never said a thing"). She ghosted Barrie. He was (brutally) dumped via an interview.

:flutter:  "You said to a friend that you wish you were doing better" - they have lots of mutual friends (Jaime King, for example)

:flutter:  She described Barrie as "dark". In California, the subject "has the blues".

:flutter:  Barrie is from Scotland. Most people from the UK aren't acclimatised to warm weather, so him "hating the heat" makes sense.

:flutter:  The song contains UV references ("Flipside" for example) - she wrote UV while she was with Barrie

:flutter:  "If you come back to California" - so the person has at least BEEN to California, but more likely, they lived there at some point. Barrie.

And today she said "he's still in London". Barrie is from Glasgow, Scotland, but he definitely has lived in London and he goes there a lot; I've seen stuff on his insta stories. He may even be recording his album there.

And then there's all the stuff he's done lately:

He has SOTW on his story.

He put up that pic of himself playing the piano, taken by her.

Yesterday he had this clip from Vanilla Sky on his story. Make of it what you will:

The prosecution rests, Your Honour.

Stan Larrie 2.0

Plus Chase got that awful haircut, grew an awful moustache and smokes cigars. Ew. No.

Anyone who disagrees may have an argument with me and lose miserably.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

And Happiness is a Firefly Butterfly is likely about an assortment of dudes; she said today that it's about not chasing people. We know she and Chase have broke up a few times because she's been spotted with other dudes in between, and one of her charming friends leaked that story about the relationship being stormy to Radar Online.

California HAS to be about Barrie. It's sure as hell not about Francesco (the lyrics just don't make sense, and considering how they ended, I highly doubt she feels that much compassion towards him). I don't think anyone else from Lana's past is in the realm of possibility, unless she managed to keep it super private. I genuinely hope she and Barrie work it out; I actually really liked them together and she always looked so happy in the Summer Wine video. 

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

Delicious is about Barrie

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

California HAS to be about Barrie. It's sure as hell not about Francesco (the lyrics just don't make sense, and considering how they ended, I highly doubt she feels that much compassion towards him). I don't think anyone else from Lana's past is in the realm of possibility, unless she managed to keep it super private. I genuinely hope she and Barrie work it out; I actually really liked them together and she always looked so happy in the Summer Wine video. 

Pasta divides his time between LA and NYC, so it doesn't make sense based on that alone.

Plus, he's married ... I don't know if she'd be quite that forward ...

They are not friends on IG or anything ... Barrie and sis are, though.

i love barrie but she said it many times he was depressed and she couldn't take it anymore, being with someone negative actually kills sometimes

she unfollowed barrie long time ago, but he's still following her

:smile3:

Pasta divides his time between LA and NYC, so it doesn't make sense based on that alone.

Plus, he's married ... I don't know if she'd be quite that forward ...

Lmfao I didn't know he got married? oops

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

I wonder what chase was thinking when he listened (if he listened) to California

I don't know but he had a story of himself listening to Doin' Time the day NFR was released and then he deleted it like an hour later and put up a video of some telephone wires.

So idk if he was trying to be shady or what.

Maybe they are still together and they just decided to not post about each other online. His comments were getting pretty crazy, back when he was putting her on his story 'n' stuff.

i love barrie but she said it many times he was depressed and she couldn't take it anymore, being with someone negative actually kills sometimes

She followed him on Twitter a few months ago, and still does.

Lmfao I didn't know he got married? oops

To Anna Wintour's daughter.

I don't know but he had a story of himself listening to Doin' Time the day NFR was released and then he deleted it like an hour later and put up a video of some telephone wires.

So idk if he was trying to be shady or what.

Maybe they are still together and they just decided to not post about each other online. His comments were getting pretty crazy, back when he was putting her on his story 'n' stuff.

She followed him on Twitter a few months ago, and still does.

To Anna Wintour's daughter.

no i meant ig

didn't know about twitter wow

:smile3:

Mariner's apartment complex is a tough one

I might be making stuff up, but I'm pretty sure someone figured out that that is about Fuckboy Gerald because he had something on Twitter or somewhere about his friend's apartment ... and it was the Mariners Apartment Complex.

She ended things will Barrie so horribly. He suffers from deep depression. It's hard. He hated that Lana was supporting him financially too. Complicated. I'm glad he's doing better. It seems that financially he's still not doing good. He had a go fund me for recording his next album and not many people donated. 

жђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшччччччччччччччћћћћћћћћћћћћжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжж--------------------њњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕџџџџџџџџџццццццццццццццц.

She ended things will Barrie so horribly. He suffers from deep depression. It's hard. He hated that Lana was supporting him financially too. Complicated. I'm glad he's doing better. It seems that financially he's still not doing good. He had a go fund me for recording his next album and not many people donated. 

I mean it's very likely she's supporting Chase financially, too ... he has only ever done like two movies and in one of them he literally said one word.

She's pretty much always going to be the more famous, richer person in the relationship ... unless she dates someone else who is very high profile, and if so, the pool is much smaller. So on her end she's probably accepted that she's paying for all the shit.

She didn't pay for Barrie's album, though, but maybe he won't let her :oic2: . (I'm not saying she should, before anyone jumps in)

I mean it's very likely she's supporting Chase financially, too ... he has only ever done like two movies and in one of them he literally said one word.

She's pretty much always going to be the more famous, richer person in the relationship ... unless she dates someone else who is very high profile, and if so, the pool is much smaller. So on her end she's probably accepted that she's paying for all the shit.

She didn't pay for Barrie's album, though, but maybe he won't let her :oic2: . (I'm not saying she should, before anyone jumps in)

maybe the reason she sings about sugar daddies is because she's tired of being a sugar mama  :hdu: