Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

8 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Listening to Life is Beautiful, she loved Barrie so much ?

then I listened to freak, Francesco must have been putting it DOWN on her lmaoooo

i just pretend every song off honeymoon is about barrie 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Ohhh I never heard that she explained the lyrics! Do u know where?

Some random interview from like 2015, she said it’s a “very specific” song about trying to get someone to “come back to you” from like depression and making them see life is beautiful. 

Black Beauty 2.0 basically lol

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Some random interview from like 2015, she said it’s a “very specific” song about trying to get someone to “come back to you” from like depression and making them see life is beautiful. 

Black Beauty 2.0 basically lol

Omg :wowcry: I never knew that thank you!

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

then I listened to freak, Francesco must have been putting it DOWN on her lmaoooo

Yep, in my mind Salvatore aligns with her trips to Italy w Francesco. It's not the first time she sets Miami to a gangster scenario tho (I believe she's dwelled on this theme in unreleased songs, prove me wrong tho!), but imagine her being a little inspired after those vacations to sing about it again.

I also think Freak is for Francesco, but not about him. It's more of an invitation for him to join her in all that is LA. LA being firstly her, her sexiness and devotion. However LA also means the craziness that comes with her fame, aka the crazy fans, the stalkers, the paparazzi, the lack of anonymity...

Freak is definitely an invititation to Francesco to live in LA and commit. In 2014 I think initially they were going to settle in New York, hence why they bought some apartments and were looking for places together, but then she sold her apartment and finally settled in LA for good. So, it seems logic for her to write about that experience. Also, around her 2015 Endless Summer Tour, Lana performed Us Agaisn't The World. Around that time I remember some fans in Twitter for a show, or two, claimmed that they while they were standing in a section close to Francesco, when Lana performed UAGTW she was making eye contact with Francesco and singing the song to him with passion. The lyrics to UAGTW fit the themes she talks about in Freak, asking her lover to give up his life style to be with her... I think Lana really saw a potential partner in Francesco, he got her all hyped up on love again haha

What do you need to get high for?                               Baby if you wanna leave
When your baby's so die for?                                        Come to California, be a freak like me, too
Quit your job let's make a ride for                                 Screw your anonymity
It's us against the world                                                 Loving me is all you need to feel
If you want a cola                                                            Like I do
I can make it colder                                                        We could slow dance to rock music
If you want a bad girl                                                      Kiss while we do it
Nobody's bolder                                                              Talk till we both turn blue
And if you want the Queen of New York then you      Baby, if you wanna leave
Better call me, call me                                                    Come to California, be a freak like me, too

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Oops, my post above was actually a reply to this. I don't know how to insert a quote in an Edit so here, sorry! 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Seeing that there's a Barrie discussion, it seems like possibly an appropriate time and place to spill about a strange 'encounter' that I recently had with his new gf because y'all might find it mildly interesting.

So I don't use social media and only have ig just to follow pages I like, mostly lana fan pages and whatnot. I don't post anything, don't have a profile pic, and my username is a lana reference. I follow Barrie as I do enjoy his music, and he always tags his new gf so I followed her too a long while ago. After I'd been following her for many months already, I get a message from her recently where she's kindly/awkwardly asking who I am because it's "creepy" that I follow both Barrie and herself as well. I explain I'm just a fan of his music and he tags her all the time in his posts so I followed. Then she requested to follow me and I accepted, but soon after she unfollows me. I'm guessing since my acct is private she just wanted to see who I follow bc what else would explain that when you can already see I have zero posts? Then at some point after she also deleted her message to me.

Basically it was all pretty weird and shows she has some fears and insecurities, but who doesn't. I can't help but wonder if she suspected that I was lana or something...idk. Like her acct is public anyways so anyone can see her page without following. She goes on Barrie's live stories too and sometimes chats and answers questions with him from fans and stuff so yeah I didn't think it was too strange of me to follow and it makes me think she may have some fear or insecurities about the Barrie/Lana relationship situation because I mean, even though they haven't officially dated in a long time we have all picked up on queues and things that show they still have/had feelings for each other in the somewhat very recent past. 

9 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

Seeing that there's a Barrie discussion, it seems like possibly an appropriate time and place to spill about a strange 'encounter' that I recently had with his new gf because y'all might find it mildly interesting.

So I don't use social media and only have ig just to follow pages I like, mostly lana fan pages and whatnot. I don't post anything, don't have a profile pic, and my username is a lana reference. I follow Barrie as I do enjoy his music, and he always tags his new gf so I followed her too a long while ago. After I'd been following her for many months already, I get a message from her recently where she's kindly/awkwardly asking who I am because it's "creepy" that I follow both Barrie and herself as well. I explain I'm just a fan of his music and he tags her all the time in his posts so I followed. Then she requested to follow me and I accepted, but soon after she unfollows me. I'm guessing since my acct is private she just wanted to see who I follow bc what else would explain that when you can already see I have zero posts? Then at some point after she also deleted her message to me.

Basically it was all pretty weird and shows she has some fears and insecurities, but who doesn't. I can't help but wonder if she suspected that I was lana or something...idk. Like her acct is public anyways so anyone can see her page without following. She goes on Barrie's live stories too and sometimes chats and answers questions with him from fans and stuff so yeah I didn't think it was too strange of me to follow and it makes me think she may have some fear or insecurities about the Barrie/Lana relationship situation because I mean, even though they haven't officially dated in a long time we have all picked up on queues and things that show they still have/had feelings for each other in the somewhat very recent past. 

i dont think she thought you were lana, just probably was curious why someone with no profile pic was following her hah. 

but i would agree that both barrie and lana still share feelings for one another. as much as i love them together, they very well just may be a case of the right person, but wrong time. 

UguUCJc.gif

3 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

i dont think she thought you were lana, just probably was curious why someone with no profile pic was following her hah. 

but i would agree that both barrie and lana still share feelings for one another. as much as i love them together, they very well just may be a case of the right person, but wrong time. 

Yeah I suppose her possibly thinking I might be lana is a stretch and I can see how no profile pic could come off as weird. I felt like it was all pretty bizzare but in the end I guess I am the one who just looked like a creeper...oh well. Lol  but for the record I have unfollowed her haha :facepalm:

49 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

Yeah I suppose her possibly thinking I might be lana is a stretch and I can see how no profile pic could come off as weird. I felt like it was all pretty bizzare but in the end I guess I am the one who just looked like a creeper...oh well. Lol  but for the record I have unfollowed her haha :facepalm:

lol it's ok, nothing wrong with lurking :w8ing:i do it all the time, trust me. some people are just more suspicious than others regarding who follows them

UguUCJc.gif

On 6/10/2020 at 1:30 AM, YvonneMD said:

You could be right. but wasn't she also with Reeve back in 07/08 then she was seen with reeve in 2011/12 again? I remember when they hanged out with Keegan Allen when he was dating Chuck.

Omg I didn't know they dated! I always thought she was a lesbian (her current gf who was in 'The Greatest' MV) is fucking GORGEOUS. I guess Chuck is bi then. Nothing wrong with that! I used to be, as well.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

4 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

for k was on the "from the end" ep which was registered in dec. 2005 so i would assume late 2005

thank you.

it's a shame lanapedia doesn't have anything from 2005 in the activities section. 

and wasn't her relationship with "K" in 2008??

13 minutes ago, Kandidate said:

thank you.

it's a shame lanapedia doesn't have anything from 2005 in the activities section. 

and wasn't her relationship with "K" in 2008??

i'm thinking she was with "k" at some point around 2004 (at the earlier) and / or early 2005, it's hard to say for sure when they first got together and how long their relationship lasted, because from what we know from "for k, pt. 2" it's likely they met at some sort of music event, which she frequently took part of back in her may jailer era, but idk if she did any of that in 2004

maybe their relationship ended in the middle of the year, or at some point around that time, none of the material on "young like me" which was registered in 2005, really had anything to do with "k" or lost, troubled love, but "from the end" which was registered in december 2005, does, with "for k" and "i'm indebted to you" although i don't think "i'm indebted to you" has anything to do with "k" and it may not be even about a real event in lana's life, but we can't say that for sure, i think "pretty baby" might be about "k" it's also a song she must of written in 2006 because it's not on the previous two eps

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i'm thinking she was with "k" at some point around 2004 (at the earlier) and / or early 2005, it's hard to say for sure when they first got together and how long their relationship lasted, because from what we know from "for k, pt. 2" it's likely they met at some sort of music event, which she frequently took part of back in her may jailer era, but idk if she did any of that in 2004

maybe their relationship ended in the middle of the year, or at some point around that time, none of the material on "young like me" which was registered in 2005, really had anything to do with "k" or lost, troubled love, but "from the end" which was registered in december 2005, does, with "for k" and "i'm indebted to you" although i don't think "i'm indebted to you" has anything to do with "k" and it may not be even about a real event in lana's life, but we can't say that for sure, i think "pretty baby" might be about "k" it's also a song she must of written in 2006 because it's not on the previous two eps

that's very interesting. do you know if the song was registered as "for k" or "drive by" in december 2005? 

I have this theory that her and "K" were never actually in a relationship. Just met each other at an 'event', 'events' or a 'job' ("making money's hard to do right") and she wrote 2 songs (that we can confirm) are for "K". Maybe someone from myspace or something. 

1 hour ago, Kandidate said:

that's very interesting. do you know if the song was registered as "for k" or "drive by" in december 2005? 

I have this theory that her and "K" were never actually in a relationship. Just met each other at an 'event', 'events' or a 'job' ("making money's hard to do right") and she wrote 2 songs (that we can confirm) are for "K". Maybe someone from myspace or something. 

i'm not sure if the actual title is "for k" or "drive by" i refer to it as "for k" but that's just my preference

there's some speculation that "k" wasn't even a real person and lana just made him up for something interesting to write about but only lana could know for sure, she really hasn't said much about him, i mean it was quite a long time ago so maybe she just doesn't see the point in talking about it

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

19 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i'm not sure if the actual title is "for k" or "drive by" i refer to it as "for k" but that's just my preference

there's some speculation that "k" wasn't even a real person and lana just made him up for something interesting to write about but only lana could know for sure, she really hasn't said much about him, i mean it was quite a long time ago so maybe she just doesn't see the point in talking about it

true. I wouldn't want to talk about someone who was made up either, and we change over time. I was just asking for a friend who met her in 2006 and his name begins with k.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:04 PM, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

Honestly, this entire post reads like she did think you were Lana. If she actually said because of the reason that you typed out, it screams insecurity. If she understood or suspected you to be a fan, then why would it be "creepy" to follow more than one person that you like? I know another user here said that she might just be more private, but having a public profile on social media where everyone can see your posts and doing livestreams with your boyfriend who you know has a following isn't exactly private. I have a lurker account without a profile pic on instagram too and no one I'm following has said shit about it to me. The fact that she asked to follow you and then unfollowed is also bizarre. if she really thought you were just some random, she wouldn't care this much.

When I was looking at Barrie's instagram a few months ago and saw that he had a new gf, I even thought to myself how hard it must be for her to know he's dated Lana Del Rey so it is understandable. She shouldn't be acting this paranoid though as it's inappropriate, unhealthy behavior. Just my two cents.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:04 PM, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

She's obviously insecure and just wanted to stalk ur profile I wonder its belittling to her that he used to have a famous and beautiful girlfriend she just wants to know everything about it even if its from a random account on insta, I don't think she thought u were Lana but just wanted reassurement that its not something threatening 

tumblr_o3k2s0IT4d1uvva9wo1_500.gif