kingadam

Lana Del Rey Cancels Performance on David Letterman Show

Awesome! So soon! I remember all the: "Did Lana Del Rey redeem herself" articles after she performed Video Games on Letterman. Still though, her televised performances always garner so much hate even if they are good. I'm nervous.

I'm expecting West Coast.

How can I watch Letterman in Europe? I don't have CBS.

You can look for a CBS Livestream but its gonna be 5:30 in the morning at our timezone.

Or just look on Youtube some hours later after someone uploaded it.

Am I the only one who thinks she sounds pretty bad when she performs West Coast live? I really don't think it'll do her any favours if she performs this... I'm hoping for Ultraviolence or Shades of Cool!

20r46kx.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks she sounds pretty bad when she performs West Coast live? I really don't think it'll do her any favours if she performs this... I'm hoping for Ultraviolence or Shades of Cool!

Think you might be...I saw her show like 3 weeks back in Philly. West Coast was definitely one of my highlights.

The band plays this new music extremely well in comparison to some of her pervious stuff which is harder to reproduce in a live, and her voice was amazing. If she throws in ad libs of "ooohs" and "I'm in loves" it should be great.

party.gif?w=1100

Don't hate me but she always screws up things in television. Remember when she performed Ride on a UK tv show and it was so bad? She couldn't hit the high notes because she was so nervous even though she was really good at her lives performances. But to perform at a concert where are thousands of people screaming your name is very different from a Tv one where people are dying to see if she fails again. She's getting a lot of good reviews, they shouldn't risk the sales of the album with bad press again

Don't hate me but she always screws up things in television. Remember when she performed Ride on a UK tv show and it was so bad? She couldn't hit the high notes because she was so nervous even though she was really good at her lives performances. But to perform at a concert where are thousands of people screaming your name is very different from a Tv one where people are dying to see if she fails again. She's getting a lot of good reviews, they shouldn't risk the sales of the album with bad press again

She has had a lot of practice since then.

She will probably nail it effortlessly

i think she will do better this time. its like her concerts shes spoken about how the larger crowds have helped her over come her stage fright and that she  is a different performer now.

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

However good or bad she is it doesn't matter cause the critics will hate on her regardless. For God sakes I've read six articles about coachella where they try to make signing autographs, dancing on stage, talking in between songs, and singing video games seem inauthentic and as though she's playing an act. It's ridiculous because ALL SINGERS DO THESE THINGS and it's so obvious they're trying way too hard to catch her out now. What's even more sickening is that the ones I've read were mostly written by men in their fourties.

It's almost funny cause they're basically saying "this can be interpreted as inauthentic because:" and furthemore people say she has no live charisma then praise Lorde's live concerts and that whole jaggedy ferrel animal dance she does. Anything any artist does can be manipulated against them if you try hard enough, and their even harsher on Lana because the first time she sang live on snl it was a tottally new experience for her, the poor girl was probably scared shitless! Then people started saying how she was a fraud, how she acted all detached to seem mysterious. People are just so disgustingly merciless.

Thank God, a performance without a crowd that kills the mood through constant screaming. Maybe we can even understand some of the lyrics in the absence of her fans :flutter:  I'm so ready for this

Probably she'll perform Ultraviolence, West Coast doesn't suit her live at all but what if she sings Shades of Cool omg 

I recall her being scheduled for Ellen in early 2012 then cancelled? Hope they get her back with an interview  :flutter:

2wn4whw.png