TIARNZUS

"Ultraviolence" to premier tomorrow on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe!

I think it might grow on me. Except Betty Boop Boop every Lana song did. 

I love the live version, but somehow I expected more from the studioversion.

And am I the only one that finds the spoken part horrible? I hate it when someone speaks during a song. It kills the mood totally for me :icant:

But i love the " I can hear the sirens" part

I think it's my favorite from UV but i like the live version better... it conveys so much emotion that the studio version just doesn't have. the spoken bridge in the live version is so powerful and it always gives me chills. but then again i love the production on it and when she says "Jim told me that" the first time the harmonies are just  :cumming2:  same with the backing vocals during the bridge

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Hum might not be the right place to talk about that ; but since there's a lot of references to "Sirens", does that mean that Jim is K, or are they still two different people ?

Also note that the backing whispering vocals during the last chorus are probably the best thing in the song  :agree:

I've not been dissapointed by any of the album tracks so far! Even the snippet of Brooklyn Baby has me hyped for the full song! I'm so happy that I'm able to enjoy this kind of music, I really think Lana's voice suits these new songs!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Despite the admittedly awkward and slightly unrelatable lyrics (the first two of each verse - "DN"???), I love it.

However, the last chorus is mixed SO badly, especially when it comes in right after the spoken-word, it sounds anti-climactic and off-time, it's pretty objectively bad mixing like.

Now we can say it: CATASTROPHIC.        Live version >>>>

Bye bye (good version) of Black beauty  :poordat: Sure the song will be destroyed.... And it was my favorite ;(

THANKS TO DAN!

this era will be the Lana del Rey's Me. I am Mariah, or artpop, or bionic, or A.K.A, or Britney Jeans, or Kiss me once... 

:noparty:

:rip:

And am I the only one that finds the spoken part horrible? I hate it when someone speaks during a song. It kills the mood totally for me :icant:

Plenty of spoken word in songs sound great. Ex : Homewrecker / Marina and the Diamonds, Paper Gangsta / Lady Gaga, Television / Natalia Kills, Queen / Janelle Monae, etc. Lana just didn't hit the nail on the head this time.

Plenty of spoken word in songs sound great. Ex : Homewrecker / Marina and the Diamonds, Paper Gangsta / Lady Gaga, Television / Natalia Kills, Queen / Janelle Monae, etc. Lana just didn't hit the nail on the head this time.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I adore the beginning of UV, it's just her angelic voice with simple piano chords but soo fucking beautiful.

I'm not really into the part where she starts singing about Jim, the chorus and also the bridge because her voice is mixed with her own voices and it sounds unclear and not well done to me.

she could've done the talking part so much more seductive imo.

Seriously, the live version is definitely better. 

but still Shades Of Cool & West Coast >>>>>>>>> Ultraviolence

(not a good single choice tbh)

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Now we can say it: CATASTROPHIC.        Live version >>>>

Bye bye (good version) of Black beauty  :poordat: Sure the song will be destroyed.... And it was my favorite ;(

THANKS TO DAN!

this era will be the Lana del Rey's Me. I am Mariah, or artpop, or bionic, or A.K.A, or Britney Jeans, or Kiss me once... 

and the meltdown of the day award goes to....!   :toofunny:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_stati

I think this one is going to have to grow on me honestly. I really loved the song and the live version gave off a seriously dark vibe but, the studio version feels a little watered down. It's too dreamy and easy going for what the lyrics are. I don't mean it should be like death metal guitar solos or anything just more simple because, the lyrics speak for themselves just fine. The 70's twang, the layered vocals, the piano opening that leads into an awkward transition. It just all feels really sloppy.

On the other hand Lana sounds fantastic as usual. I'm just hoping she does a live acoustic version of this song because, it could be so much more than whoever produced this track. And I mean no disrespect but, it feels like a demo. I kind of wish it was a demo.

243qd5f.jpg

I think listening to the live version so much really gassed up my expectations for the studio version. I love it because it's ULTRAVIOLENCE, and I really adore the lyrics, but the production just seems a little too rough-drafty for a studio version. I don't know how to feel about the spoken bridge; it sounds so different live, so much more intimate and almost upsetting. It seems rushed and impersonal in the studio version. I'll probably feel differently when I hear it on the album following Cruel World and preceding Shades of Cool.

I love it, but I'm not in love with it, you know?

Now we can say it: CATASTROPHIC.        Live version >>>>

Bye bye (good version) of Black beauty   :poordat: Sure the song will be destroyed.... And it was my favorite ;(

THANKS TO DAN!

:smokes3:

My favorite off the new record so far! I've listened to it a few times already and I'm sure I'll listen to it all day today.

It's just so beautiful.

I heard her sing Ultraviolence live last Friday and I was so looking forward to the studio version. And it is just so good!