PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana's alleged sect/cult past

It would explain a lot, but honestly she's probably just putting some sauce on a weird cult she spent hours reading about online as a teenager and got into. Lizzy Del Grant probably did not live in some weird commune with other teenage girls and a big charismatic "daddy" figure.

Do you know what UV is? a 60's/70's throwback album. Do you know what was a "thing" then? Being in a cult. She's the best fanfiction writer tho. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

I find so interesting that there's lana del rey; the persona obsessed w/ opulence, glamour and 50s vintage vs, lizzy grant; science, metaphysics, cults (??)

more importantly it's nice that everyone's learnt to take what she says w/ a grain of salt.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'd like to see the original Grazia source rather than this translation of a secondhand source, but assuming this describes it accurately... when exactly did she have time for a cult in between living with her boyfriend in Alabama and having a 7-year relationship with a label head?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'd like to see the original Grazia source rather than this translation of a secondhand source, but assuming this describes it accurately... when exactly did she have time for a cult in between living with her boyfriend in Alabama and having a 7-year relationship with a label head?

that's what's most interesting to me. The timing of everything

where do u find the time to be the #1 lana sleuth in all the lands :troll:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

It would explain a lot, but honestly she's probably just putting some sauce on a weird cult she spent hours reading about online as a teenager and got into. Lizzy Del Grant probably did not live in some weird commune with other teenage girls and a big charismatic "daddy" figure.

Do you know what UV is? a 60's/70's throwback album. Do you know what was a "thing" then? Being in a cult. She's the best fanfiction writer tho. 

haha you're very astute. I think this is also a case of her over obsessing about authenticity.. like sometimes she acts like she doesn't care and sometimes she builds these back stories or ..whatever to make her lyrics personal/ have a deeper meaning.  She's the strangest person I've ever not known lol

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

haha you're very astute. I think this is also a case of her over obsessing about authenticity.. like sometimes she acts like she doesn't care and sometimes she builds these back stories or ..whatever to make her lyrics personal/ have a deeper meaning.  She's the strangest person I've ever not known lol

as a marketing and Advertising student I can say Lana is (probably)  fully aware of the principles of authenticity. The first rule of authenticity is to never proclaim yourself authentic in any way. That said every person personal experience is authentic because we are all authentic human beings, no experience is equal to different people, not even sharing the same dish at a restaurant. The experience you feel is internal and all the external is not authentic.  In that sense also no experience is really authentic , not even going to camp in the jungle since someone designed the paper map or GPS you will use and someone designed the car, bike, plane that will take you there.

Since music these days is treated and sold as a commodity all rules of business and society applies to art in most cultures, being US the epitome of culture sold as a commodity, as a service (Itunes...serves you music....internet serves you a music store...goes on...) authenticity and all it's sub categories (Fake - Fake ; Fake-Real; Real-Fake; Fake-Fake and Real - Real) are probably under Lana's radar since her teens...her dad been a advertiser and all and her being clearly a good advertiser and a student of human behavior is fair to assume she's fully aware the search for authenticity is doomed from the start. 

IMo Lana is a storyteller and she really gets into the character she's playing/writing about.

glgcDdT.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

tumblr_mxeeeisOnR1r9ih9zo1_500.gif

it fits with that myspace blog, but i think she just exaggerates soo much of what happens to her to make it sound more sinister. like it probably wasn't a Jim Jones deal, it was probably some guy conning people out of money or something. it also seems coincidental timing that we never heard about it until now, when she's just released a song with "cult leader" in it. idk.. i think each new phase/era has a new theme and she twists life experiences she's had to fit it. maybe this 60s sound is fitting with cult-y communes/ sects etc. i just take what she says with a pinch of salt :hooker:

I have gold in my veins

i dont think we have the right to automatically discredit this as an exaggeration or a lie..its very possible it could have happened it fits into her songs and it fits with her dependency and broken mind   it only takes a week to join a cult/sect .. she never said how long she was involved it could have been a short period of time also did she ever give a location this could have coexisted with any lanalysis we have so far... if we assume she doesn't involve her boyfriends in everything.....

also why is she leaking this info now?. possibly yes the give clues and meaning to lyrics like "cult leader" its relevant to the album that doesn't mean its a lie or all for publicity but also to keep the story going to give more pieces of her life ... 

WE DISCREDIT WHAT WE DONT UNDERSTAND 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

I think it's important that in the German original she says : "I was part of a underground-scene [...] I'll call it a sect" what the media made into  "Lana del rey was member of a sect!!!"  Scene has adifferent meaning than sect I believe ? So she's more using words like cultleader to describe how it was back then. At least that's what I get out of it.