PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana's alleged sect/cult past

I just don't get it. The question was what she would say to her children and  her answer was about  some kind of cult she was into once? This girl can't be real, god I love her. She is so odd  :lmao:

I find so interesting that there's lana del rey; the persona obsessed w/ opulence, glamour and 50s vintage vs, lizzy grant; science, metaphysics, cults (??)

more importantly it's nice that everyone's learnt to take what she says w/ a grain of salt.

I think this is her very essence: equal parts art and science. I think LDR as a persona/identity is meant to be someone who lives poetically, driven only by emotion and whims, makes her 'life an art', etc.

But the reality is she would not be where she is if she were just a wide-eyed innocent, dreaming about life from her window sill all day, or being led around by boys. Lizzy Grant is the shadow master and commander of the LDR concept; she dreams big but she is also a doer, the ruler of her own destiny. (Her critics who think she has no agency need to wake up —  who in pop music right now has more control of their own vision than her ?)   She is very calculating, knowing, and aware of how to give form to her dreams. It surely all starts with intuition and artistic intention and emotion, but then Science Lizzy kicks in — the one who researches, studies, analyzes, experiments w/ a hypothesis, puts in art in action. A good creative director is always equally artistic and scientific, and Lizzy herself has hinted at this in interviews. 

I also think someone like this is naturally driven to explore esoteric and marginalized philosophy/psychology/cultural topics; I'm sure she's even aware of Crowley, Theosophy, and the like. Not sure if I buy she was in 'a cult', but the chronology specifics don't matter so much, the essence of how it shaped her does. What's exciting is that she can bring these super niche topics into the warmth of the spotlight, even if she has to paint broad strokes to do so. I honestly can't think of someone else so widely known and loved that is able to pull this off in the 21st century. Maybe Grimes, but with her, it's literally the Wiki-meets-Tumblr remix version of everything. Young artists everywhere should be inspired that women like Lizzy are finding ways to make the outre and strange palatable.

Could she suffer from dissociative identity disorder? It would explain some stuff. It wouldn't affect my appreciation of her Art though.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I think it's important that in the German original she says : "I was part of a underground-scene [...] I'll call it a sect" what the media made into "Lana del rey was member of a sect!!!" Scene has adifferent meaning than sect I believe ? So she's more using words like cultleader to describe how it was back then. At least that's what I get out of it.

she just said in a recent interview that they twist what she says to make it into a title like "lana was in a sect" like you said. she probably hung around some people that turned out to have a sect-like behavior, but some of you on here are taking this shit too seriously, like she was in the iluminati or some shit

tumblr_inline_n6o6wuaG3U1qbhm7a.gif

Hope you are right. This sect talk is creepy.

:/

she just said in a recent interview that they twist what she says to make it into a title like "lana was in a sect" like you said. she probably hung around some people that turned out to have a sect-like behavior, but some of you on here are taking this shit too seriously, like she was in the iluminati or some shit

tumblr_inline_n6o6wuaG3U1qbhm7a.gif

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Hope you are right. This sect talk is creepy.

:/

I once knew a guy who believed in some third eye bullshit & he saw himself as almighty and some other crap, but in reality he was basically an internet troll with no life and some fucked up personality and disgusting habits (once you got to know him). he was also very manipulative.

this was a couple of years ago and if you ask me about him now, I could very much say, jokingly, that he was like a sectarian, and being around him was like being in a sect, if I wanna make a long story short. but that doesn't mean I was in a fucking legitimate sect. do you see what I mean?

Yeah I guess.

I once knew a guy who believed in some third eye bullshit & he saw himself as almighty and some other crap, but in reality he was basically an internet troll with no life and some fucked up personality and disgusting habits (once you got to know him). he was also very manipulative.

this was a couple of years ago and if you ask me about him now, I could very much say, jokingly, that he was like a sectarian, and being around him was like being in a sect, if I wanna make a long story short. but that doesn't mean I was in a fucking legitimate sect. do you see what I mean?

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

It was discovered on this website that Lana del Rey was a member of a group called the Atlantic Group (a part of Alcoholics Anonymous) in her past. The Atlantic Group is infamous for its cult behavior and for its treatment of young female members. I think it's obvious it's about them, especially given the reference to deadly nightshade, also known as A. belladonna which was used as a treatment for alcoholism. In fact, several of her songs reference AA or AA's ideas.

giphy.gif

It was discovered on this website that Lana del Rey was a member of a group called the Atlantic Group (a part of Alcoholics Anonymous) in her past. The Atlantic Group is infamous for its cult behavior and for its treatment of young female members. I think it's obvious it's about them, especially given the reference to deadly nightshade, also known as A. belladonna which was used as a treatment for alcoholism. In fact, several of her songs reference AA or AA's ideas.

:deadbanana:  this woman...

^ Part of the Pacific Group (of which Atlantic Group is a branch of) is also partly run/overseen by a man named Jim. I forgot she was part of that, there's a lot of horror stories about the PG groups and its branches.

I have gold in my veins

Thanks! That makes sense now. I knew she didn't mean an... official... cult/sect.

Could she suffer from dissociative identity disorder? It would explain some stuff. It wouldn't affect my appreciation of her Art though.

Yes, I think she could have some type of discombobulation somewhere around there. She is very soft and just out world. Which is probably why people perceive her to have a disorder.

Yet somehow I feel obligated to believe her, I mean look at her music.

She had to be abused by a man somewhere down the line.

I guess I kinda believe it. :P