PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana's alleged sect/cult past

It was discovered on this website that Lana del Rey was a member of a group called the Atlantic Group (a part of Alcoholics Anonymous) in her past. The Atlantic Group is infamous for its cult behavior and for its treatment of young female members. I think it's obvious it's about them, especially given the reference to deadly nightshade, also known as A. belladonna which was used as a treatment for alcoholism. In fact, several of her songs reference AA or AA's ideas.

Noooo way, really? Wow... that is really something. Which website are you referring to? I am so curious now  :O

^ Part of the Pacific Group (of which Atlantic Group is a branch of) is also partly run/overseen by a man named Jim. I forgot she was part of that, there's a lot of horror stories about the PG groups and its branches.

Is this really true? If so, then you have done incredible research loool. Do you have a source for this information? I just want to dig my teeth in deeper, that's all 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Noooo way, really? Wow... that is really something. Which website are you referring to? I am so curious now  :O

Is this really true? If so, then you have done incredible research loool. Do you have a source for this information? I just want to dig my teeth in deeper, that's all 

This one. I think it was this one anyway.

And you can find a lot of less-than-positive stories about the Atlantic and Pacific Groups on a few websites, like Orange Papers.

giphy.gif

It was discovered on this website that Lana del Rey was a member of a group called the Atlantic Group (a part of Alcoholics Anonymous) in her past. The Atlantic Group is infamous for its cult behavior and for its treatment of young female members. I think it's obvious it's about them, especially given the reference to deadly nightshade, also known as A. belladonna which was used as a treatment for alcoholism. In fact, several of her songs reference AA or AA's ideas.

no wonder she doesn't like this site. that's some personal shit :wtfney:

It's true, but I didn't do much research haha! :) If you google Atlantic Group, it comes up with a lot of people saying they're cult-like, several of them mention a list of people who run them. The guy named Jim runs one in New Jersey I believe. There's a LOT of bad stuff written about him which is why I didn't put his last name, but it's easy to find.

I have gold in my veins

no wonder she doesn't like this site. that's some personal shit  :wtfney:

Meh. While I'm not particularly okay with searching through a person's private life, it's not any more or less personal than revealing it through music and interviews.

giphy.gif

Meh. While I'm not particularly okay with searching through a person's private life, it's not any more or less personal than revealing it through music and interviews.

well yeah, that's true. but still, whoever revealed this stuff back then didn't know she was gonna write a song about it now.

It really wouldn't surprise me tbh, that girl claims to have done everything - or so it seems anyway :quote:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

-i honestly doubt she was in a fucking cult

but its so amazing to think she was though. Can put a whole new perspective on her music, and everything. God i love her so much; what a freakin genius, lol

i want more information abou this.. i wonder what thread this was in....

It was in one of the threads about her old private Facebook. They had a bunch of screenshots and she mentioned AG in one or two of them.

They really are extremely creepy. (They'd have "Young People's" meetings where the young girls would be coerced into having sex with one of the older guys, and that occurred in multiple spin-offs of the Atlantic Group and Pacific Group.)

giphy.gif

Such fuckers, I could hurt men like that if they messed with my girlfriend's mind. Those kids are fragile and unstable... They need love not abuse. Glad Lana left this cult thing.

It was in one of the threads about her old private Facebook. They had a bunch of screenshots and she mentioned AG in one or two of them.

They really are extremely creepy. (They'd have "Young People's" meetings where the young girls would be coerced into having sex with one of the older guys, and that occurred in multiple spin-offs of the Atlantic Group and Pacific Group.)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

One question: what is a cult?

This all seems so scary though :crying3:

These group things can be so creepy.

But I'm intrigued.

And I want to know about this.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Ya, it's unfortunate how many ~13th step~ people there are out there. 

for anyone looking for the original posts about this http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/540-lana-sleuthing/page-9?hl=%2Batlantic+%2Bgroup&do=findComment&comment=77483

I think any human organization can have the tendency to become cultlike. (That is, people engaging in group-think and gravitating around a charismatic leader leading to excessive attachment to the group's particular ideas. My thoughts, not an official definition.) I used to think of groups as three distinct categories: cult vs. legitimate mainstream religious organization vs. nonreligious organization. But now I believe "cultish" is really a question of more vs. less, and we all need to be careful how we communicate and respond to communication in group situations.

Which isn't to say I'm advocating being rigid about it. I actually tend to be fairly imprecise when I'm talking out loud (vs. writing). It drives my husband crazy :D because he prefers greater precision. But I'm trying to help him understand how something can be figuratively true even when it isn't literally true, how misunderstanding on the hearer's part does not equal intent to deceive on the speaker's part, etc. I guess it all goes back to personality types and styles, again. Some people seem to have a model of communication in which all responsibility for clarity and accuracy is on the speaker, who should be trying to lead the hearer by the hand. But personally, I think communication works better when people take a more cooperative approach, with both hearers and speakers working toward understanding.

My two cents. :)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I believe it and not because I just believe everything she says. Let's be real here- Lana is a crazy bitch (one of my favorite things about her) and I DO think she was probably a part of something like that. As someone pointed out, She initially said 'underground scene' and I don't really think it's far fetched or weird to think that maybe that scene really DID have a daddy figure with teenage girls. My old friend was in something like that and they laid around this older man's apartment and got high all day and had different views on life. I'm not being too quick to say that she's lying here because it does happen still.

But of course, knowing Lana, who knows; I just think it's plausible. 

Wow. It's really creepy, because UV song seems to make reference to Jim Jones. He was a religious leader in whose community there was a mass suicide caused by cyanide poisoning. And there're all those references to Deadly Nightshade and poison in the lyrics, "I could have died right there" (she stated that she left the sect), "And you're my cult leader", and she calls him Jim.

Creepy  :hdu: But I don't think it's the case, just coincidence... lol