PinUpCartoonBaby

Lana Del Rey Interview with Grazia

img004siamw.jpg

img0052xy7x.jpg

img0063cazf.jpg

My translation:

She is back, in fact everywhere! She even sang at Kimye’s Wedding. Next week her new album “Ultraviolence” will be released with hit songs like “Shades Of Cool”. But we think it’s the coolest how openly Lana talked with us about her chaos flat share, bad gurus and her desires and addictions.

First Coachella, then Cannes, eventually Versailles: Recently Lana Del Rey is jetting from one show to the next but when we met her at a luxury hotel in Beverly Hills she seems completely relaxed, indeed she lives just around the corner. The beautiful songstress who redefined the meaning of “Retro-Coolness” when in 2011 she suddenly appeared and took over the charts, just moved from New York to the beach. So she comes to the interview like a real surfer girl – she wears short jeans, a pale shirt, sandals – and surprises us with her kind naturalness that we honestly didn’t expect from the unapproachable seeming siren of wide screen pop…

Did the life in New York become too hectic for you?
Well, my record label is located in L.A. I originate from Lake Placid a place in the mountains. So the Pacific feels like paradise. Now I walk  barefoot through the sand as often as possible.

And you think: You have come a long way?
Well yes, but not concerning my carrier. But in terms of lifestyle. I think that this cool beach life fits me better than New York. And I love the heat.

Your status as global star as well?
On some days I can do that but on others I’m struggling with my identity and I don’t know where I belong. Fortunately those good days get more and those bad ones less. And that risk that I lose the ground beneath my feet doesn’t exist anyway.

What makes you so sure?
I have a big family so I don’t really have to pay attention on staying down to earth, it happens automatically. At home it’s mostly about Charlie and Caroline and about what they want.

Who are…?
My brother and my sister. They are younger than me, 20 and 25. I kind of look after them. Wa all live in the same house. We three and Barrie my boyfriend.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Well, we’re all living through some huge changes. Barrie left his band, my siblings are just becoming grown-ups.

And which change are you living through?
I’d really like to have a steady emotional stability. I’ve been looking for that my whole life. Naturally I’m a quiet, reserved observer.

For being a star you seem surprisingly introverted.
I come from a family in which we talked about our problems in a small circle. I grew up like that. Unlike those people who seem to live on Twitter and believe that they always have to provide information about anything.

How do you manage to be not as omnipresent as for example Lady Gaga?
You can control that. For example if you live at the edge of town like we do, in a normal area with completely normal neighbours.

When you got famous like overnight people doubted about the authenticity of your music.
Yeah, a huge topic. I’ve always felt confident about my music. Who doesn’t have to say anything cannot create pop music. I already know that later I’ll tell the whole story of my live to my children on the basis of my songs.

Like you do in “Fucked My Way UP To The Top” on your new album?
It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.

But now you have to tell us who you’re talking about.
Unfortunately I can’t, you know?

What else are you going to tell your children (and us)?
I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru. He surrounded himself with young girls and he had this insane charisma I couldn’t resist as well. So I was in this, I’ll call it sect, because I was longing for love and security. But then I found out that this guru wasn’t a good but a bad person. He thought that he had to break people first before he could build them up again. At the end I left the sect.

Crazy!
Yes, it looks like I would attract wild stories and extreme experiences. (laughs)

What else?
Our family has a long history concerning addictive behaviour. Even pure madness exists at our place. Like that I had a higher risk than other people for not being able to handle alcohol…

Had?
Yes, for ten years I haven't touched a drink - but I'd somehow really like to. After all it could be that now I’m able to handle alcohol better.

Why do you believe this?
Well, I threw anchors. But I have to find out how to harmonize the urge for – emotional and literal – solid ground beneath the feet with my ambition of moving on as an artist. Right now I have no plan how this should work out.

So no children for now?
I would be ready! (laughs) But Barrie is younger than me and he isn’t in the mood for children yet.

You worked as a model for H&M and Mulberry. Do you know what the fashion branch sees in you?
Phew, I don’t know! As an indie singer in New York I couldn’t afford any stylish or expensive clothes at all. Probably my face was just coincidentally at the right time at the right place. And how does the saying tell? Go there where it’s warm.

Hope there aren't too many mistakes in my translation. ^^

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. 

o-CELEBRITY-DOPPELGANGERS-570.jpg?7

It's a lot more likely she's talking about someone else (I think....) but lol @ the amount of artists you could use as a reply to this

YESS SO LEGIT PART 2. BANISH HALF THE FANBASE

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. i would laugh if the bridge or something was all lyrics from so legit

Thank you for translating! Really good interview and some new information.

It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.

But now you have to tell us who you’re talking about.
Unfortunately I can’t, you know?

SO LEGIT V. 2???? Or some brand new beef we never knew about?

What else are you going to tell your children (and us)?
I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru. He surrounded himself with young girls and he had this insane charisma I couldn’t resist as well. So I was in this, I’ll call it sect, because I was longing for love and security. But then I found out that this guru wasn’t a good but a bad person. He thought that he had to break people first before he could build them up again. At the end I left the sect.

I think it's safe to assume that she wasn't in a literal sect. Prob. just involved in a an organization of sorts, maybe the Zeitgeist Movement.

So no children for now?
I would be ready! (laughs) But Barrie is younger than me and he isn’t in the mood for children yet.

This is so interesting. I've never heard her talk about children, and now she mentions it twice in one interview. To be honest I kinda thought she would be too vain or consider herself too emotionally complicated to have children. But good for her that she feels ready for it. 

lmao just when i think this bitch can't get any crazier 

ZRBNill.jpg

I thought it was about Gaga when I first read it but that doesn't make any sense because Gaga hasn't really "copied" Lana other than that one event above

but anyway I can't really come up with any mainstream artist that has a smiliar/same style as LDR right now?? so who is she talking about

Lol,  I love her. This interview is not super deep, but it's fun. And finally someone asking her about Fucked My Way Up To The Top.  This is going to be a diss track ? Lana, you're  one iconic bitch. :rock:

Oh, Jesus fucking yellow penguins, yes.

I am going to fucking cum.

I thought it was about Gaga when I first read it but that doesn't make any sense because Gaga hasn't really "copied" Lana other than that one event above

but anyway I can't really come up with any mainstream artist that has a smiliar/same style as LDR right now?? so who is she talking about

Hmm, maybe not now, but when they were both on the NYC ~indie~ see together they did know each other and Gaga did sort of cycle through styles and was an acoustic tortured soul for a bit. Also The Fame had a lot of glamour/death by opulence/I love a bad boy themes. If BTD, or even LDRakaLG came out in 2009 I could see them being compared.

tZ7WN4B.gif

She's talking about HERSELF guysssssssssZZZZZ

Lizzy found out about Lana. Lizzy stole/became Lana. Lana is the art project. Lizzy is the true super artist. & here we are like FOOLS. What form is she talking from in this interview? Elizabeth? Lmao I'm just kind of fucking around. I feel like she laughs when shes angry too.

Hmm, maybe not now, but when they were both on the NYC ~indie~ see together they did know each other and Gaga did sort of cycle through styles and was an acoustic tortured soul for a bit. Also The Fame had a lot of glamour/death by opulence/I love a bad boy themes. If BTD, or even LDRakaLG came out in 2009 I could see them being compared.

nah she's talking about 2011 and onward It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. and I really doubt it's about Gaga because a) I'd worry about her mental health if she'd seriously make an entire track about Gaga wearing a smiliar outfit as Lana for one random event plus b) Lana hates public scrutiny so for her to attack an artist as big as Gaga was/is doesn't make any sense when she knows the media will be ALL over it. Not to mention the amount of shit she'd get from Gaga's fans (which a lot of are also fans of Lana). She craves validation and praise but it's weird as fuck that she'd reply with this shady answer when she knows people will reach any far fetched conclusion and might even bring up that old Gaga vs Lana feud again....so strange.

But anything to get that Ultraviolence buzz I guess <3

{{{ Like you do in “Fucked My Way UP To The Top” on your new album?
It’s about a singer who first sneered about my allegedly not authentic style but later she stole and copied it. And now she’s acting like I am the art project and she the true super artist. My God and people actually believe her, she’s successful! I shouldn’t continue ranting, it doesn’t get anywhere.}}} 

Lana is clearly talking about LORDE here and have you guys noticed Lorde clearly copied the rhyming sequence of ROYALS from OFF TO THE RACES (swimming pool,glimmering darling and chorus of royals sound similar )

Swimming pool glimmering darling
White bikini off with my red nail polish
Watch me in the swimming pool bright blue ripples you
Sitting sipping on your black Cristal
Oh yeah

But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece.
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair..