lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

31 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

One of my fav youtubers reacted to this album recentlyĀ and i just thought i'd put it here. Its always a treat when someone gets to hear this absolute relic for the first time.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

I am in love with her. She's such a beautiful spirit and I am obsessed with how articulate she is with her reaction and interpretation of Lana's lyrics.Ā :wub:

Hey guys, I know this isnā€™t the UV merch thread but I canā€™t find it so I thought Iā€™d ask here!

Iā€™m trying to buyĀ the UV vinyl from EU and thereā€™s two variants on fnac (I canā€™t spot anyĀ differences but one costs more than the other). Whatā€™s the difference between these two?

https://www.fnac.com/a15016221/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-Vinyle-album

Ā 

https://www.fnac.com/a7278942/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-Vinyle-album

Ā 

I pretend Iā€™m not hurt and go about the world like Iā€™m having fun

3 minutes ago, ultrababy said:

Hey guys, I know this isnā€™t the UV merch thread but I canā€™t find it so I thought Iā€™d ask here!

Iā€™m trying to buyĀ the UV vinyl from EU and thereā€™s two variants on fnac (I canā€™t spot anyĀ differences but one costs more than the other). Whatā€™s the difference between these two?

https://www.fnac.com/a15016221/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-Vinyle-album

Ā 

https://www.fnac.com/a7278942/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-Vinyle-album

Ā 

no idea since they dont provide any kind of code, but my guess would be the one with the explicit tag is the US version, hence the higher price + delivery taking so long

and the other one being the regular EU version

image.png

9 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

no idea since they dont provide any kind of code, but my guess would be the one with the explicit tag is the US version, hence the higher price + delivery taking so long

and the other one being the regular EU version

Thank you so much dear!

Iā€™m trying to get it but itā€™s all inĀ French! Is fnac legit?

1 minute ago, annedelrey said:

One of the best places to buy Lana vinyls un Europe

Amazing! I was just worried because Iā€™ve read a review saying the UV vinyl skipped a bit (and I donā€™t own a vinyl player to play it and verify yet)Ā but I guess that can happen everywhere!Ā 
Ā 

7 minutes ago, ultrababy said:

Amazing! I was just worried because Iā€™ve read a review saying the UV vinyl skipped a bit (and I donā€™t own a vinyl player to play it and verify yet)Ā but I guess that can happen everywhere!Ā 
Ā 

fnac is legit, i always order the exclusives there

Ā 

but for normal vinyl like the regular UV id use jpc.de or my local record store

Ā 

jpc also ships ww and UV is cheaper thereĀ https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/lana-del-rey-ultraviolence/hnum/5220507

image.png

12 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

fnac is legit, i always order the exclusives there

Ā 

but for normal vinyl like the regular UV id use jpc.de or my local record store

Ā 

jpc also ships ww and UV is cheaper thereĀ https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/lana-del-rey-ultraviolence/hnum/5220507

Well Iā€™ve just ordered it and itā€™s not even the deluxe version ?

I will try to cancel my order, anyway theyā€™re offering sort of a coupon back? It is legit?Ā 

2 minutes ago, ultrababy said:

Well Iā€™ve just ordered it and itā€™s not even the deluxe version ?

I will try to cancel my order, anyway theyā€™re offering sort of a coupon back? It is legit?Ā 

hmm usually fnac lets you cancel an order and refunds you, so id try that. never heard about the coupon option tho

image.png

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with Cruel World? I like the song, but I have to be in a specific mood for it, and I'm very, very rarely in that mood. Most of the time, it just feels so obnoxious and seems like it whines and drones on and on and on forever. Even 10-minutes-long Venice Bitch feels a lot shorter than this song to me.Ā Ā I'm very much a person who listens to an album from start to finish, so I usuallyĀ justĀ suffer through it every time I listen to Ultraviolence.Ā :horror2:Ā It's probably my least favorite opening track.

Ā 

Why is it called "Cruel World" anyway?

Ā Ā Itā€™s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Does anyone else have a love/hate relationship with Cruel World? I like the song, but I have to be in a specific mood for it, and I'm very, very rarely in that mood. Most of the time, it just feels so obnoxious and seems like it whines and drones on and on and on forever. Even 10-minutes-long Venice Bitch feels a lot shorter than this song to me.Ā Ā I'm very much a person who listens to an album from start to finish, so I usuallyĀ justĀ suffer through it every time I listen to Ultraviolence.Ā :horror2:

Lol I feel the same way, it seems like I really need to be in a specific mood to listen to the song to enjoy it. But overall, I think it's quite a good song :)

ź§įƒ¦āŠ±ā™„ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ā™„āŠ±įƒ¦ź§‚

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Lol I feel the same way, it seems like I really need to be in a specific mood to listen to the song to enjoy it. But overall, I think it's quite a good song :)

Ā 

I'm glad it's not just me! I agree, it is a good song. I find the verses to be pretty and enjoy the melodies, it's just once the chorus comes in and I'm like:

Ā 

FrightenedInsignificantCockatoo-size_res

Ā 

But I guess that dichotomy is what Lana was aiming for.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Ugh @UrbanneyĀ cannot relate that song is like a biblical hymn for me, i adore everything about itĀ :bebe:

Ā 

Happy for you, truly :kiss:

Ā Ā Itā€™s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Hey guys, has anyone ever cancelled an order on fnac? I did yesterday but I still havenā€™t received my refund.

How long does it usually take? I canā€™t even find an email to contact them! Thank you.

40 minutes ago, ultrababy said:

Hey guys, has anyone ever cancelled an order on fnac? I did yesterday but I still havenā€™t received my refund.

How long does it usually take? I canā€™t even find an email to contact them! Thank you.

Hi! i did inside the page in contact us>my account>my orders>cancel orderĀ https://www.fnac.com/Contact?fromNodeId=2_2_6, they didn't take the money because it was a preorder but they refund between 2-4 days! or you can contact them on twitterĀ https://twitter.com/FnacVousAide

original.gif

On 5/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, Urbanney said:

Why is it called "Cruel World" anyway?

It might be an allusion to Pink Floydā€™s ā€œGoodbye Cruel Worldā€.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm feeling so close to UV this year, in its upcoming 7th anniversary. I want to celebrate on all the dates of the singlesĀ  and music video releases (althoughĀ  I already missed West Coast).

Ā 

ShadesĀ of Cool - 26th May + first live performance of title track (?)

Ultraviolence-Ā 4th June

Brooklyn Baby -8th June

Album releaseĀ  - 13th JuneĀ 

SOC video - 17th June

UV video - 30th July

Ā 

I just loved the roll-out of this album so much. I think it was the perfect amount of time between WC and SOC, and then everything happened so fast, just when I needed it.Ā 

Ā 

having one of those days where this album is on repeat :flutter:Ā what a gem. it's a consistent and cohesive soundĀ but it's diverseĀ enough to stay interesting throughout. :flutter:Ā manifesting a similar vibe for Blue Banisters!!

Wq9zHLl.jpg