lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

I missed the 7 year anniversery of the Shades of Cool single release, May 26th, because I was so preoccupied with the blood moon eclipse.

so

Happy 7 years to the Ultraviolence single :cumming: (i'm a day ahead ik, cause i live in Aus)

I don't think any other songs production has wowed me as much as hearing this studio version for the first time. The wah wah guitar in the chorus. The jarring piano against the strings. The layered vocals all throughout the song and especially in the end where it crosses over FMWUTTT lyrics. This masterpiece of a collaboration between Dan Heath and Dan Auerbach.

next is Brooklyn Baby on Tuesday the 8th 

Happy birthday, Ultraviolence :illumilana2: An album that always has and always will hold a special place in my heart. It really introduced me to a genre of music I'd never had much interest in that is now one of my favorites. UV is one of those rare albums that don't have any skips, in my opinion. It's a cohesive, beautiful body of work and I'm immensely grateful for it. My favorites will always be Black Beauty, Old Money, Shades of Cool, West Coast and Pretty When You Cry. 

imageproxy.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY FAVORITE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME 

TRULY A MASTERPIECE 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Happy Birthday to one of the most iconic albums ever made... nobody else could have done it quite like that. :wowcry:

Her best album alongside AKA - it’s so hard to choose. It’s even better when you modify the tracklist to include the deluxe songs in the mix & end the album with The Other Woman, like Lana intended. Here is the best tracklist & you’re welcome. :flutter:

Cruel World

Ultraviolence

Shades of Cool 

Brooklyn Baby

Florida Kilos

West Coast

Sad Girl

Pretty When You Cry

Money Power Glory

Fucked My Way Up to the Top 

Guns & Roses

Flipside

Black Beauty

Is This Happiness?

Old Money

The Other Woman

14417469274.gif

happy 7th birthday UV!!!! i remember sitting around waiting for the official release and going to target to buy my first copy of your deluxe version and making my mom buy 2. ugh we still stan you and you're still such a good fucking album we love youuuuu

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

A little bit late but Happy Birthday Ultraviolence!!! One of the best albums ever created & my favourite album ever!! It's so fucking amazing,  brilliant & genius!!!  This masterpiece will always have a special place in my heart:kiss:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Currently vibing so hard with West Coast, Cruel World and Florida Kilos:fabcat:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

5 minutes ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

At the time UV was released did you all genuinely think this was a controversial record?

Nope. But then, I didn't even think BTD or any of her previous unreleased work was controversial so :creep:

On 7/19/2021 at 7:51 AM, WhiteHydrangea said:

At the time UV was released did you all genuinely think this was a controversial record?

I actually thought it was way less controversial than the BTD era, and the most "bold" thing about it was the change in sound. I think that surprised people most. I honestly heard nothing about the backlash until a couple of years later. 

Maybe I was just really selective with the articles I clicked on (I was not on this site and got all my "news" from actual music news sites lol), but all the ones I read were just describing the sound, the production and the themes, no controversies. 

Other than that, all I remember is not liking the way it made people on tumblr romanticise and promote "side girl culture" cause that was really icky. 

Here's my current ranking

Key

Top God tier trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Center-average tier

Good songs I don't always vibe with tier

Songs that I'm ok with forgetting tier

1. Is This Happiness
  2. Old Money
  3. Pretty When You Cry
  4. Shades of Cool
  5. Ultraviolence