lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

12 hours ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

What cover art do you use for your UV scraps  :flutter:

image0.webp

This is the cover I use

Also, maybe I was misinformed but I thought the leaked versions of Wild One were for Paradise, not Ultraviolence?

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Not the best quality but this is the album cover I use for UV (not my scraps but the general album)

I remember that red being the style of promo she was using at the time and was so disappointed when it wasn't incorporated into the cover art. Someone on this forum made it for me, I can't remember who, but even 7 years later I still use it :kiss:

nXR6X33.png

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

36 minutes ago, yayoop said:

lana-del-rey-ultraviolence-billboard.jpg

This promo was fucking GOLD, i wish she used that red more, god it was the perfect shade of red

wasn’t that picture supposed to be the original album cover??

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Niko Dealergo said:

wasn’t that picture supposed to be the original album cover??

I'm not 100% sure! But I wouldn't be shocked, we'll have to do some research into it tbh

I feel like I remember her saying this was the direction she was going in, but for some reason they changed it.

1 minute ago, yayoop said:

I'm not 100% sure! But I wouldn't be shocked, we'll have to do some research into it tbh

I feel like I remember her saying this was the direction she was going in, but for some reason they changed it.

I could have sworn she talked about it at one time or another and said she had a cover in mind that she wasn’t allowed to use! I’ve always loved that picture. It, and the red font, really just screams ultraviolence to me

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I could have sworn she talked about it at one time or another and said she had a cover in mind that she wasn’t allowed to use! I’ve always loved that picture. It, and the red font, really just screams ultraviolence to me

Honestly me too! I feel like I remember that in some aspect, whether she couldn't use it or the direction changed! I'm trying to find places where she spoke about it, I remember being so disappointed when we found out the red font/styling wouldn't be used. The red is iconic, I'm so sad it was incorporated more. It must've been from when she shifted from Chuck to Neil Krug. I'm pretty sure a lot of early UV pictures were from Chuck's Dreamland series

I found an article talking about how the billboards suddenly appeared and at the same time she had responded to a fan asking if "Meet Me In the Pale Moonlight" was for UV and she said "No, the first single is West Coast" ... But i'm not sure about promo after that point.

On 10/7/2021 at 12:36 PM, Lavender Sunshine said:

A 0 skips album, I fear

No it's true. I listened to UV from start to finish the other week for the first time in a moment—it still hits hard. :true:

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

No it's true. I listened to UV from start to finish the other week for the first time in a moment—it still hits hard. :true:

Yeah UV still hits so bad. And no matter how many times I listen, I never get tired of it. Truly her best album :true:

30 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Yeah UV still hits so bad. And no matter how many times I listen, I never get tired of it. Truly her best album :true:

:true:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I need to appreciate Money Power Glory for a moment. It was one of my favourites songs when I got a fan back in 2015 , also I watched her MPG performance in Carcassonne on a daily basis back then. My mother watched that performance too & really liked it ( and she is not the biggest Lana fan). Still love Money Power Glory & it always makes me feel so nostalgic:trisha:

The drums, the BRIDGE,  her vocals:oprah: 

The way she sings Money Power Glory & Halleluja makes me want to rob a church :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

To all the people who say Guns & Roses is her worst song:

FUCK YOU

:peace::peace2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Guns & Roses is excellent, it might actually be one of my favorites on Ultraviolence. That chorus hits every single time :illumilana2:

imageproxy.jpg