lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

This album is a long distance relationship, to me. Months can go by, but the more time that passes the less you feel attached to that person in ways that you can move on from it in some form. But when you meet again, that fire is hotter than ever. Obsessed with this record again ~

Shades of Cool, Black Beauty, Money Power Glory, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Cruel World, Flipside, Ultraviolence, Old Money, Florida Kilos...banger after banger.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I've been obsessed with the Ultraviolence demo for the past week. Her voice and the soft instruments are so calming yet the song has such a dark, sad feeling. I prefer the final version ofc, but this one has its own beauty as well :flutter:

giphy.gif 

So...It took 8 years for Burning Desire to be available world wide on Spotify... does that mean Is This Happiness will finally be on Spotify this year? Since it'll be 8 years (the fuck, I'm OLD:wowcry:) since the release of UV? :trisha: (probably not, but one can hope and dream, right?)

AND Flipside should obviously make a comeback. Not many remember this, me thinks; but it WAS on the album. On Spotify. For some week(s), at first.:crossed:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I’m listening to the album and thought back to when I listened to it the first time, how shocked I was to hear the lyrics and just wondering what types of messed up things she’d been through. And I realized that I’m so used to the lyrics now that they don’t make me that uncomfortable anymore, or, well, at least not at the moment. I wonder if this is what Lana intended it to be, for the listener to be so immerged in the world she built up and told of that it becomes standard, neutral. Just this numbness of dark things that it doesn’t bother you anymore and you’re “okay” with it.

Or maybe I’m thinking too much into nothing.

Either way. It’s still an excellent album. :heart:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm listening to Ultraviolence (the song) all the time now. And loving it! Haven't been into it like this since its release tbh  :hype::xcry:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I usually don’t listen that much to UV in the winter because it depresses me too much, but I don’t know it’s because it’s the end of the pandemic or something, but this album slaps hard at the moment. Lana, bring back electric guitars on some project, please!

Just random thoughts

Brooklyn Baby:defeated: I need to appreciate this one again,  one of the best songs ever created:trisha: I fucking love the guitar in it , her voice,  the production 1000/10:wowcry:

Go stream this masterpiece 

Also the way West Coast is still my all time favourite song ever after all these years :oprah: 

Also the guitar in Florida Kilos :cumming: 

Money Power Glory is still one of my fave songs ever & Sad Girl plss bitch the bridge is so fucking gorgeous:lange:

I could go on & on about every song bc this fucking album ...every song is gorgeous:oprah: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

13 minutes ago, Marius said:

The Other Woman going viral on tiktok outstreaming some of Lana’s more popular songs with 89k streams as of yesterday :oprah: who would have thought. 

i remember saying in a thread that tiktok would make literally any of lana's songs popular EXCEPT songs from cocc + bb

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

14 minutes ago, Marius said:

The Other Woman going viral on tiktok outstreaming some of Lana’s more popular songs with 89k streams as of yesterday :oprah: who would have thought. 

FINALLY this perfect song getting its due...though i never thought it'd be on tiktok of all places lmao

aOaIzH2.gif

I don't think I've ever heard an album as good as this one. Not now, not in 2014, nor prior to 2014. Everything is so good about it. I've never heard anything truly like it either. Some things kinda come close but not really

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole