lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Fucked My Way Up to The Top IS NOT HER WORST SONG. Stop the FMWUTTT slander!!!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

14 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Fucked My Way Up to The Top IS NOT HER WORST SONG. Stop the FMWUTTT slander!!!

imo it's one of her (obviously very many) best songs :slayty::smokes:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

happy birthday to the mother that raised me, the mother that spent hours defining me, the mother that wet nursed me, the mother that fought the bullies for me, the mother that gave me her coat on a rainy day

I LUH YOU SO MUCH :sadcore2:

the best body of work ever created :trisha:

#BRINGBACKDAN

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 hours ago, Roll With me said:

BlackoutZone just tweet something interesting regarding this album. I'll quote exactly what he said since his account is private so whatever link I post won't really work

"Hmm UV fun facts..

Lana wanted Fine China, Say Yes To Heaven and I Talk To Jesus on the album, but pretty much everyone else was against that! Don't remember exactly which songs they would replace - possibly Black Beauty and Guns n Roses"

I think Fine China, Yes to Heaven & I Talk to Jesus would have been the best possible 3 selections for the deluxe. and just throw Black Beauty on the album directly after Old Money or something. (Florida Kilos & Guns and Roses would be fine as cherished fan favorite leaked unreleased tracks)

3 hours ago, Roll With me said:

BlackoutZone just tweet something interesting regarding this album. I'll quote exactly what he said since his account is private so whatever link I post won't really work

"Hmm UV fun facts..

Lana wanted Fine China, Say Yes To Heaven and I Talk To Jesus on the album, but pretty much everyone else was against that! Don't remember exactly which songs they would replace - possibly Black Beauty and Guns n Roses"

That would've been such a slay :crossed: 

Yes I'd miss Black Beauty but we already had the demo leak which is better anyways :)

I think I’ll write a longer comment when it’s the 10th anniversary but for now

happy birthday to one of my favorite albums, to one of my favorite album cover arts of all time, I love this record so much, I even painted Lana’s face and the word Ultraviolence on a denim jacket, with metallic studs on my shoulder blades. This album means a lot to me. Can’t believe it’s been eight years. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

6 hours ago, Roll With me said:

"Hmm UV fun facts..

nice of him but haven’t we known this for years:creep3:

such an enormous slay I played the album front to back today and nothing beats the 1-2-3-4-5 punch of Cruel World to West Coast those tracks are all career highlights and sad girl isn't even that much of a drop in quality either  :bop: flip side still the best ending to the record I actually kinda prefer that fanmade version w the random guitar playing in the intro idk its different :hype: can't believe it was so long ago I started stanning Lana before Honeymoon came out so to go from this being her most recent record to being EIGHT... girl take me back to 2015 plz 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

12 hours ago, Roll With me said:

"Hmm UV fun facts..

Wbk though, what else were the songs for :lel:

The momentum from mid-April to mid-June of 2014... whew. You had to be there!

I will never be that excited for a Lana record again. Expectations were through the roof and she delivered. :whatever2:

2 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

Wbk though, what else were the songs for :lel:

Tbh I just assumed she scrapped them shortly after she started working with Auerbach/the direction of the album started to change. I think it’s an interesting tidbit of info 🤷‍♂️ 

Someone should l**k Dan’s versions of Fine China and Y*s to H****n in an attempt to honor Lana’s wishes so we can hear UV the way she supposedly wanted us to at one point :true: 

whatarecoloris.jpg

The way Sad girl still makes me feel a type of way

i can relate to it more now than ever, she’s a Sad (emotionally) Sad (like when you feel bad for someone) girl

the pre chorus, the production, the verses and everything else

i love to blast it on my speakers and dance to it, growing up and having actual love experiences and the complications that come with being injected into an already established relationship, not as the other woman but as the third has brought another layer to this whole album and song.

Anyways, just wanted to spill some love for her 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

45 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

The way Sad girl still makes me feel a type of way

i can relate to it more now than ever, she’s a Sad (emotionally) Sad (like when you feel bad for someone) girl

the pre chorus, the production, the verses and everything else

i love to blast it on my speakers and dance to it, growing up and having actual love experiences and the complications that come with being injected into an already established relationship, not as the other woman but as the third has brought another layer to this whole album and song.

Anyways, just wanted to spill some love for her 

It's such a great song and it makes me sad It's not more appreciated.

I love the double meaning she uses of "sad" like you just said and the prechorus is sooo good.

Definitely in my top 3 from UV :crying4:

giphy.gif