lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

It's insane that songs like Fine China, SYTH and Your Girl didn't make the cut but at the same time there isn't a single song I would want to replace on the album cause all of them are so excellent and showstopping like... even Guns and Roses! The ultimate option was to make it a 20 song album :true: quality AND quantity iktr! But sacrifices had to be made I guess.

qfrWuBl.png

24 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

It's insane that songs like Fine China, SYTH and Your Girl didn't make the cut but at the same time there isn't a single song I would want to replace on the album cause all of them are so excellent and showstopping like... even Guns and Roses! The ultimate option was to make it a 20 song album :true: quality AND quantity iktr! But sacrifices had to be made I guess.

SPILL,  I would have loved them on the album ONLY if they didn’t replace any of the existing ones

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

West Coast really is that fucking bitch, those guitars during the chorus literally make my ears orgasm every single fucking time. It's SO GOOD how did this even release and not hit the radio at the time? It's so fucking funky and groovy, holy fuck. This album still hits me so hard every time I play it. SO FUCKING GOOD the outro with the guitar weeping literally FUCKS ME UP EVERY TIME GOOD GOD fucking shit

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

31 minutes ago, jamesss said:

i cannot explain how bad i would whore myself out for an ultraviolence boxset it’s like 700 dollars i-????? PLEEEAAASEEE :crying:

I don’t know about other countries, But you should be able to find nice examples in the US for around 240-275.

Discogs is just slim pickin’s right now…

IMG-3521.jpg

still such an iconic fucking record, I don't care what anyone says, you might not like Ms. Lana but this is a T O P T E I R FUCKING ALBUM

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I remember when this album first came out. I was 13 and I didn't like the vibes I got from the cover. I wanted something like BTD... And then it came out and I loved it and still do. It's such a dark, complex record. She was at a terrible moment in her life and the fact that she was able to build something so enchanting and special... That's a lot. Love UV to pieces.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Ultraviolence, my old friend,

Listening to you again today after a while, sorry that I can’t do that too often, you’re sometimes too intense to be around.

Your beauty lies in how you tell the ugly beautifully, how you manage to fashion something beautiful out of your pain. 

Your soul flows straight through my veins with the first notes and perks on the darkest point of my heart and forever ingrained there. 

I still love Old Money so so much it's unreal:wowcry::trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

would be amazing if she released a special edition of uv on its tenth birthday… 

including demos, yes to heavem, all the other barrie songs, etc.  

13 hours ago, hippo said:

would be amazing if she released a special edition of uv on its tenth birthday… 

including demos, yes to heavem, all the other barrie songs, etc.  

this would be a dream :icant: 10th does seem a little too early for it and i'm okay with waiting for a later anniversary but then again i doubt i'll live long enough to see it lmao

and for lfl anniversary she should release the earlier darker, witchy and more rock-ish version she had for it originally

An incredible feat! As a masterpiece should x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The guitar solo in SOC is hitting really hard lately :legend:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

even after 9 years after its release I still know why it's my favorite lana album, all of the incoming leaks are just blowing my mind like the OG album ... Dan's production is pure heaven! I really love her pre-poetic writing. It's crazy how they ended up using just 11 songs for the standard album (16 in total) when the they recorded 30+ Songs for that project. Ultimate dream would be that they'd release 10 or 15 Annivesary Edition on a 2 (or even 3) CD Set with all well produced outtakes and some demo's. I also prefer Pink Champage over the COTCC Version (it would fit so well after MPG & before FMWUTTT or before Flipside). I mostly prefer her OG Songs over the re-produced ones (Thunder, Best American Record). Would love to hear the UV Version of If you lie down next to me (even tho I love the BB Version as well).  I also wonder which songs her label and Adele's Producer heard, the final tracklisting or maybe some outtakes as well? god bless this album!