lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

The more I sit with this album, the less I think that the title Ultraviolence fully captures it. Anyone else with me? "Cruel World" would have fit better.

The more I sit with this album, the less I think that the title Ultraviolence fully captures it. Anyone else with me? "Cruel World" would have fit better.

i was thinking about this and you're right.....but to me "west coast" actually would of fit, since thats the only theme of the album and lana keeps saying it has a west coast vibe

just listened to the album straight through again, this time including flipside and ITH.

it made me break down in tears. this album is so beautiful and personal. i can hardly relate to any of the lyrics, but the way that lana sings about her own life is so tragic, especially on ITH and flipside. oh my.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

i was thinking about this and you're right.....but to me "west coast" actually would of fit, since thats the only theme of the album and lana keeps saying it has a west coast vibe

I think that "ultraviolence" is a word that could fit a lot of Lana's music because I think that she views it as a word to describe the corruption of humanity and the current generation, and that seems to be a very prominent theme throughout the album.

It kind of is all about how cruel life can be, you know...The media, boyfriends, even Lana to herself.

Hi everybody.

It's hot here. I'm  in my bed, my cock is sweating and the rest of my beautiful body too, I'm reading you, and listening to Money Power Glory.

I think it was important to tell it.

Regards.

Like the rest of her work, I'm really liking this album more and more with every listen.

I think that Cruel World and Ultraviolence both would be titles that describe the album quite well, but Ultraviolence is more impactful in my opinion.

Well, release day for UV was yesterday in Germany and the box was sold out @my fav Saturn store - Lana got her own shelf again like 'BTD' had once - CRAZY!!! Had to go to Media Markt and there were only 2 available. Got one of those!

'Cruel World' is my absolute fav. It's Lana's coolest song besides 'Lucky Ones' & 'Live Or Die'.

This album is really amazing especially the guitars and drums are stunningly beautiful. Unfortunately, there aren't any lyrics, just smaller extracts. Sometimes it's hard to understand what Lana sings due to high notes.