lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Sad Girl still slaps so hard.

Β 

Sad Girl is thatΒ girl,Β and that bridge still sends me.Β I'm on fire, baby.

nothing will EVER compare to the ultraviolence era - every song that was related to that album was unbelievably good. it was just utterly perfect in style and aesthetic, to the powerful and passionate guitars and her sultry vocals (which was the perfect balance of born to die vocals and honeymoon vocals) - we had two incredible deluxe tracks (is this happiness and flipside), the iconic UNTOUCHABLE 5 featuring songs like angels forever, jfk, and starry eyed (the power that these songs have) and lets not forget all the other unreleased songs surrounding the era, Fine China, Say Yes To Heaven, Your Girl, Color Blue :deadbanana: :deadbanana: everything was soo depressing and the lyrics were some of her darkest.

Β 

the flavour, the flavour of it all... far too much!

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Β 

Sad Girl is thatΒ girl,Β and that bridge still sends me.Β I'm on fire, baby.

One of her best bridges ever!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Why is the official Shades of Cool audio on Lana's channel pitched and sped up . . .

Β 

Β 

One of life's greatest mystery...

i will die listening to this album i will die listening to this album i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this albumΒ i will die listening to this album

Happy birthday to the album that sparked an undying flame inside of me. Thank you for the escapism you provide, the culture you resurged, and the art that has connected so many on just as many levels. Ultraviolence you are my mantra, my testament, my Bible. This album has the ability to stand the test of time for millennia to come. I feel like they will literally dissect this album in college courses just like those BeyoncΓ© classes. Like seriously. Just read through the acknowledgements in this album and .. her brain was just in such an unreal place. If there was ever one thing I could’ve been grateful to get out of meeting Lana, it was just her signature on this album. God bless Ultraviolence and happy sixth.

Β 

Oh, and here’s my sixth rendition of a holy trinity ;

Β 

Β 

Black Beauty

Shades Of Cool

Old Money

Β 

Β 

Best album ever, my favorite not only on Lana's career but in my entire life.

With this she gave us her best MV ever (Shades of Cool), her best first single (West Coast) and some of her greatest songs (PWYC, Old Money, The Other Woman - a million times better than Nina Simone's original version - and Black Beauty).

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Wow if I actually could, I would certainly go back and listen to this album fresh.

I remember hearing cruel world then ultraviolence for the first time. I was AMAZED .all the way through to Old Money I was taken (I started loving the other woman soon enough, dw).Β 

I treasure this album so much. Nothing will take it's place.Β 

Hi, I’m posting this from internet explorer. When the album is out? I love the new single ultraviolence. I hope it’s released September 5th

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey,Β be the first who ever did]

ULTRAVIOLENCE HAS LEAKED.

Β 

ultraviolence.jpg

Β 

Discuss the songs in this thread! Select your faves in the poll above!

Β 

iTunes link:

Ultraviolence (Deluxe) by Lana Del Rey

Β 

seeing this is so surreal omg

What did I say about Black Beauty?

Β 

We don't hear the piano (only at the beginning). This song : destroyed. SAD SAD SAD.

Β 

I WAS SO FUCKING RIGHT PEOPLE!

Β 

SUCK ME I'M A GENIUS!

Β 

omgΒ  :toofunny:

Β 

Β 

I don't like Old Money. I love Guns and Roses. There's my unpopular opinion for the month I guess

Β 

now this is an unpopular opinion omfg

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I've never actively disliked any song on theΒ standard edition of this album, but sad girl was one of the songs I paid less attention to. In the past few days, though, I've been listening to it a lot, and it's actually so tragically beautiful. The instrumental of the chorus makes me feel some type of way, it's really, really gloomy and makes my heart ache, and not in a corny way, like it really puts you in the mindframe of this character. idk this was kind of out of nowhere but let's all appreciate sad girl more !

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Old Money is the worst song on the album and one of her worst songs ever. I don't ever make it through the song without skipping. Boring!

Β 

It is insane to me how the consensus seems to be that Guns and Roses is the weakest track on the album. It is SO goodΒ  :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey