lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Ultraviolence is such a beautiful album, it leaked when I was alone in NY on the subway to ConeyIsland (I swear to god it was a moment of pure universal synchronicity) and it sent me into such a depressed spiral I ended up sitting in my hotel room alone listening to PWYC on repeat. I don't even care how depressed I was because it was such a weirdly beautiful experience and then when FLIPSIDE came out it truly killed me.. That guitar and the soft heartbreaking vocals was so powerful it had me crying for days

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I love this album but I feel like this is her most “frontloaded” album where quality really falls off in the second half

tracks 1-5 (the title track less so, but it sets the tone nicely) are just absolutely killer, sad girl is good but a slight step down and PWYC is good but I’ve never loved it like the rest of the fan base did. 

MPG, FMWUTTT, TOW and Old money just can’t compare to the beginning. Anytime I try to listen to UV all the way through anymore I stop at PWYC always because I just don’t  like any of those last songs anymore :rip: they aren’t bad but I feel like there’s better versions of all of them in her discography at this point which makes them kinda non essential 

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I love this album but I feel like this is her most “frontloaded” album where quality really falls off in the second half

tracks 1-5 (the title track less so, but it sets the tone nicely) are just absolutely killer, sad girl is good but a slight step down and PWYC is good but I’ve never loved it like the rest of the fan base did. 

MPG, FMWUTTT, TOW and Old money just can’t compare to the beginning. Anytime I try to listen to UV all the way through anymore I stop at PWYC always because I just don’t  like any of those last songs anymore :rip: they aren’t bad but I feel like there’s better versions of all of them in her discography at this point which makes them kinda non essential 

i kind of agree, although i love Old Money and The Other Woman

but the album truly does dip in quality w/ FMWUTTT and MPG. i dont remember the last time i listened to either of those 2 songs

image.png

8 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

i kind of agree, although i love Old Money and The Other Woman

but the album truly does dip in quality w/ FMWUTTT and MPG. i dont remember the last time i listened to either of those 2 songs

I like TOW more than I like old money. It always felt like a great gatsby/Y&B demo or something to me. Didn’t fit the record imo, but it’s a pretty song for sure. 

I know people like to shit on FMWUTTT but I actually think MPG is the least fitting and worst on this album. It just reeks of BTD that they put a guitar solo over and muffled the beats a little bit to make it sound grungy. 

and the chorus gets sooo tiring 

Do you gusy think that Flipside or/and Is This Happiness (I would DIE for Your Girl too but that 100% never happening I guess) EVER will be released on spotify? I NEED those songs released SO FUCKING BAD. They're my forever favourites :(

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

3 hours ago, 13beachess said:

Do you gusy think that Flipside or/and Is This Happiness (I would DIE for Your Girl too but that 100% never happening I guess) EVER will be released on spotify? I NEED those songs released SO FUCKING BAD. They're my forever favourites :(

Idk but they could... wasn’t ITH an iTunes exclusive? So it was Burning Desire and they uploaded it, eventually! We can only hope!

Lanarat.png

What an album :air: 

For me the production in this is a masterpiece to say the least 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

13 minutes ago, NoSalvation77 said:

Her best work , it's a shame she got away from that style . I truly believe there are more soundscapes and stories to explore in the ultraviolence universe .

I truly believe that as well :ohno: 

Dan and Rick  together are unmatchable . 

I am really curious why she didn't work with Dan after this again

( as a Black keys fan I am a little biased ) 

11 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

absolutely homophobic of the lanaboards of 2014 for this discussion to get to ONLY 64 pages

Like literally I think that if i was a member back then I would go on and on about how much i ADORE this album :krylie:

26 minutes ago, Marius said:

Hi guys! do u like her new song called brooklyn baby? :bebe:

I think it’s pretty good! Since she put it in the album trailer I definitely see it getting it’s own video!!!

:hype:

"Don’t forget me"

blue hydraaaaangeeaaaaaaaaaaas cold cash divineeeeeee 
                     cashmeeeere colooggnneeeee n white sunshiiiiiiiineeeee 
        red racing caaaaaaaaaars sunset n viiiiiiiineeeee 

ah ah ah ah, AH AH AH ahhhhhhhhhh ah ah ah ah AH AH AH-AH AHHHHHHHHHHH giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon

HE USED TO CALL ME DN THAT STOOD FOR DEADLY NIGHTSHADE CAUSE I WAS FILLED WITH POISON BUT BLESSED WITH BEAUTY AND RAGE :illumilana2: