lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

thew fact that she scrapped your girl from ultraviolence...it wouldve been the best song on the album, what was she on????

thew fact that she scrapped your girl from ultraviolence...it wouldve been the best song on the album, what was she on????

7 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

the same reason she changed white hot forever. to not have sad girl your girl and white dress white hot forever on the tracklist

23 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

all scrapped songs from uv are among her best unreleased

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Ultraviolence_outtakes

2 minutes ago, Yayo6408 said:

all scrapped songs from uv are among her best unreleased

facts :ma:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

19 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

the song is a bit repetitive and sounds unfinished plus 2 songs with girl in the title on the same album would’ve been too much that’s why 

38 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

the song is a bit repetitive and sounds unfinished plus 2 songs with girl in the title on the same album would’ve been too much that’s why 

Not hard to change the titles lol, and no its not repetitive, its ok

1 hour ago, Sadaurora said:

If only that was the only good song she scrapped... :cryney:

Flipside, Your Girl, Say Yes To Heaven, Be My Daddy, 1949 and the entire A.K.A. that was never remastered. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

30 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

Not hard to change the titles lol, and no its not repetitive, its ok

repeating "i wish i was your girl" 30 times is like THE definition of repetitive idk what you’re on :headache:

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

and we’ve seen how that worked out 

azealia-banks-selfie.gif

Is this Groupie Love/Love slander? Look idk who you are...or what you want....but I have a very particular set of skills... :willcut:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

15 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

It works thats what i mean, doesnt mean its bad lol

sigh….when i say y’all lack reading comprehension. did i say it’s bad? no. i said it’s repetitive, which it is. one thing UV doesn’t need is more repetitive one phrase choruses we have sad girl for that :true:

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

sigh….when i say y’all lack reading comprehension. did i say it’s bad? no. i said it’s repetitive, which it is. one thing UV doesn’t need is more repetitive one phrase choruses we have sad girl for that :true:

U are clearly implying its bad, you just said it now, bad can mean not just the song being bad but its placement as well, and i just said it works on the album regardless, stop talking about reading comprehensions and develop one yourself

Hello Ultraviolence stans, I just wanna preach for a minute or 2 about Dan Auerbach's/The Black Keys album Turn Blue which was released May 2014 just before UV. Although I don't think many people have connected the two albums, I truly believe there are some good similarities that Dan really brought across to Ultraviolence. It may have been his mood that brought it across as he was going through a divorce, and that mood just happened to work extremely well with what Lana had been writing about. 

The fact that it's called Turn Blue, which is a title we could 100% expect from Lana herself, is telling. 

Genre: psychedelic rock, blues rock

Taken from wiki: "The sessions coincided with Auerbach's divorce from his wife, which inspired much of the album's lyrics. The resulting material was more melancholy and slower paced than the uptempo, hook-laden songs from El Camino" 

"instead of focusing on radio-friendly singles, they would attempt to make a "headphone record"."

does this not sound like Ultraviolence? 

Most of the songs were kind of made up on the spot in the studio, which also reminds me of the way Ultraviolence was recorded with the band and Lana's vocals.

The album also sounds ageless, that old but new sound that Ultraviolence had.

Instrumentally, I hear strong similarities/throwbacks to the Ultraviolence sound throughout the album, particularly in Weight of Love. The minute and a half intro of that song is 100% something I can imagine Dan and Lana playing before going in to record something for UV. In fact the bell-chime sound even reminds me of Angel Tears by Barrie O'Neil, which is a song undoubtedly about Lana, of which all unfolded during the Ultraviolence era. So yeah, if you only listen to one song on this album, let it be Weight of Love. 

Bullet in the Brain and Waiting on Words also give me that same mood that Ultraviolence does in that melancholy violence, while pushing extreme freedom.

Also 10 Lovers has that West Coast synth- yes that was Dan's genius move!

I honestly didn't find this album until last year, and I can't help but think that if I had discovered it upon its release in 2014, it would have been the perfect companion to Ultraviolence. I envy anyone who did get to experience it like this! 

I also think it's cool how Ultraviolence is like the b&w side of the coin while Turn Blue explores the colourful side, yet they still sound like one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_KnSh0Y6JvSInx4GC8hL 

I need the vinyl asap.