lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

39 minutes ago, coldsparklingmountaindew said:

even after 9 years after its release I still know why it's my favorite lana album, all of the incoming leaks are just blowing my mind like the OG album ... Dan's production is pure heaven! I really love her pre-poetic writing. It's crazy how they ended up using just 11 songs for the standard album (16 in total) when the they recorded 30+ Songs for that project. Ultimate dream would be that they'd release 10 or 15 Annivesary Edition on a 2 (or even 3) CD Set with all well produced outtakes and some demo's. I also prefer Pink Champage over the COTCC Version (it would fit so well after MPG & before FMWUTTT or before Flipside). I mostly prefer her OG Songs over the re-produced ones (Thunder, Best American Record). Would love to hear the UV Version of If you lie down next to me (even tho I love the BB Version as well).  I also wonder which songs her label and Adele's Producer heard, the final tracklisting or maybe some outtakes as well? god bless this album!

i need to find a download link to all the new leaks so i can add to my unreleased playlist, i have ever unreleased song up until COCC era 

On 7/30/2022 at 11:25 AM, jamesss said:

i cannot explain how bad i would whore myself out for an ultraviolence boxset it’s like 700 dollars i-????? PLEEEAAASEEE :crying:

This was 14 years old me omg good times. If I could get one nowadays since I’m an adult with adult money.

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

thinking about how risky and bold it was that Lana released West Coast as the first single after the BTD/Paradise/Y&B era. A complete change up in sound and a tempo change with the chorus becoming slower than the verses… and somehow it all works insanely well. That’s how I knew she wasn’t a one trick pony. It takes a serious artist to pull that off. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

9 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

thinking about how risky and bold it was that Lana released West Coast as the first single after the BTD/Paradise/Y&B era. A complete change up in sound and a tempo change with the chorus becoming slower than the verses… and somehow it all works insanely well. That’s how I knew she wasn’t a one trick pony. It takes a serious artist to pull that off. 

West Coast is seriously one of her best songs imo and it’s not even in my top 10… the switch up from the verses to chorus is just PERFECT!

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

thinking about her best album tonight :flutter:

share my body and my mind with you... :hair:

CHILLS EVERY TIME CRUEL WORLD STARTS

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

4 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

she should do something special for it:defeated:

That would be an absolute dream but I have low hopes. From my memory she really didn't do anything special for BTD's anniversary, except for acknowledging those limited edition vinyls which she clearly didn't give a shit about :thumb3:

In an alternate universe she would officially release Ultraviolence (Super Deluxe Edition) which includes all the outtakes from that era on a second disc

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

9year anniversary version coming  :hooker::lmao:

Wow. It’s really crazy that it’s been 9 years. I feel so fucking old. I still remember listening to Brooklyn Baby on my headphones, walking down the street on a hot summer day. This music changed my life. Thank you so much Lana for giving me the soundtrack to my life and enlightening me through your music. 

I spent that entire summer streaming this album, and playing Florida Kilos to DEATH. Wow what an album and what a moment that was. I wish I could experience listening to this album for the first time again. 

1 minute ago, Americanboy said:

Wow. It’s really crazy that it’s been 9 years. I feel so fucking old. I still remember listening to Brooklyn Baby on my headphones, walking down the street on a hot summer day. This music changed my life. Thank you so much Lana for giving me the soundtrack to my life and enlightening me through your music. 

I spent that entire summer streaming this album, and playing Florida Kilos to DEATH. Wow what an album and what a moment that was. I wish I could experience listening to this album for the first time again. 

Even though I was not a fan when UV was released, Ultraviolence is undoubtedly one of her best eras, no song from this era turned out bad (even the outtakes)

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencez said:

Even though I was not a fan when UV was released, Ultraviolence is undoubtedly one of her best eras, no song from this era turned out bad (even the outtakes)

Agree! And it’s a shame she isn’t too fond of the creative process she had going on with Dan. I think she said he pushed her too much and she didn’t find it helpful. But the results were A+. 

Being a fan during that time was the best. I wasn’t too involved with the fandom like posting on here or anything but just the media that was coming out about her and the mystique and hype she had after Born To Die and especially West Coast was everything. She was truly the coolest most bad ass woman in music. Still is btw. UV will always be #1 in my heart. She captured true nostalgia which was felt then and 10x harder now. 

This album shook all of my atoms and every fiber of my fate.

It’s fingerprints can be traced almost to everything I enjoy, the culture it taught me, the POWER I was given….Music for hungry hearts how you’ve given us all so much :oprah: