SarcasticBeauty

Florida Kilos

Like the winter that we're in.

It's preferring to cocaine, how it's white and powdery like snow. And when you snort it, a cold feeling will rush through your body like you're out naked in the winter. (At least that's what I think.)

It's like the winter we're not in but yeah, I love this simile so much! I'm not sure about the feeling as I have never snorted cocaine before but I know of its appearance and, just like you said, it looks like snow and snow is of winter. She also calls it snow in the first verse (I think): turning diamonds into snow. I'm in love with the use of metaphor in this song! :heart:

Actually, I have a suggestion for the lyrics:

You guys don't think it might be white lines, baking powder on the stove? Like, a repetition of that white lines lyric as Lana does say it a few times throughout the song.

And also, I'd just like to add that I'm in love with that guitar bit at the beginning :heart: I could listen to the instrumental on repeat, but I love Lana's voice, it's kinda different to the rest of the tracks on Ultra, like, the tone. Honestly, I hope she sings it live!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

It's like the winter we're not in but yeah, I love this simile so much! I'm not sure about the feeling as I have never snorted cocaine before but I know of its appearance and, just like you said, it looks like snow and snow is of winter. She also calls it snow in the first verse (I think): turning diamonds into snow. I'm in love with the use of metaphor in this song! :heart:

Actually, I have a suggestion for the lyrics:

You guys don't think it might be white lines, baking powder on the stove? Like, a repetition of that white lines lyric as Lana does say it a few times throughout the song.

And also, I'd just like to add that I'm in love with that guitar bit at the beginning :heart: I could listen to the instrumental on repeat, but I love Lana's voice, it's kinda different to the rest of the tracks on Ultra, like, the tone. Honestly, I hope she sings it live!

Yeah it's definitely not white palms

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I'm pretty positive it's "like the winter we're not in," but what I'm not sure about is the line before.

It could be "white lines, pretty daddy, goes "kid,..."

Or "white lines, pretty daddy, go ski it..."

I'm thinking the latter, because it fits in with the winter line, and skiing is a slang term for doing a line.

9ISvyf0.gif

This song is one of my favorites on uv. Could've gotten radio play but Lana's marketing team is shit. It's one of the most replayable songs on uv.

I, KNOW, RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Like :read: to Polydor/Interscope! I once said something like that as a status before and someone said Lana didn't want a song about drugs being UV's promo:

FloridaFlipside
Florida Kilos is pop enough to be popular - the music and what the song is about. I can feel it.
ipb.png Jun 12 2014 08:58 PM · Delete · Lock
  • photo-thumb-3307.jpg?_r=1416387574
    CarcassI think it could be lol I really love it 

Jun 12 2014 09:58 PM · Delete

• photo-thumb-4681.jpg?_r=1402775216
    yourdangerousgirlthis song is everything rn but i don't think lana would release it as a single bc she doesnt want to be associated with a coke song lol. as for pop hit potential, it depends if lana's team sends it to pop stations tbh. 

Jun 12 2014 10:07 PM · Delete

• photo-thumb-3307.jpg?_r=1416387574
    CarcassTrue ^^ 

Jun 12 2014 10:12 PM · Delete

I'm pretty positive it's "like the winter we're not in," but what I'm not sure about is the line before.

It could be "white lines, pretty daddy, goes "kid,..."

Or "white lines, pretty daddy, go ski it..."

I'm thinking the latter, because it fits in with the winter line, and skiing is a slang term for doing a line.

Yeah, I agree

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

it's drink a cherry cola lime 

i love her little dance moves in this song. i'm also cryingggggggggggggg that i missed her on this tour. i have seen most of it vicariously with the help of lanaboards and the awesome fans who post video and audio. oh the emotions, i'm still stunned over Jon Snow and then she goes and plays FK in FLORIDA. 

please more FK videos, i need them for my SHRINE

I hope this proves that it's 'chica cherry cola-la'

1:29

Keep hoping. You and I have always agreed it's "chica"/"chick-a" (or however you choose to spell it), but I still think it's "cola lime", not "cola-la". The rhyme scheme on the pre-chorus is AAABBB. It's gotta be a word with a long 'I' vowel sound to rhyme with "time" and "side". That syllable isn't super distinct on either the studio or live version, but I don't hear anything in either that dissuades me from thinking it's "lime".

sure as shit ain't white palms

Yeah, she definitely doesn't say "palms" in the live version. She might be mistakenly repeating "white lines". Though I'm beginning to think this person was right:

Am I the only one hearing "white lungs, baking powder..."?

No, you're not the only one hearing that. On the live version it sounds even more like "lungs" than "lines". When I listen to the studio recording I'm not completely sure what consonant sounds I'm hearing at the beginning and end of that syllable, but the vowel sound doesn't like a long 'I'. It sounds more schwa-like, which fits "lungs". "White lungs", as in you snorted so much cocaine your lungs turned white.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.